Siobhan O'Hagan #36 Downward dog, downward spiral, tampon story should NOT go viral

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have been spending a lot of time doing laps of Clapham Common here in London and I need to address something I've been frequently observing.

Men in army pants, with women doing burpees, sprints and sit-ups in the park.

I'm guessing (hoping!) that they are ex-military that are now running fitness bootcamps for the general public.

I was watching them pointing at the ground and shouting at a woman as she came back from her run around the trees.

It looked pretty miserable to be honest.

Maybe she was having a great time, but I was thinking "What if she is doing this bootcamp just to lose weight?"

(Because maybe she is doing it for fitness, or for practice for the military - who knows?!)

It reminds me of how so many women use exercise as a form of punishment. They think that if a workout isn't miserable then it isn't effective for fat loss.

It's the same with dieting. There is no need to be super restrictive.

I had a client write to me yesterday because she couldn't understand how easy she is finding The Furnace:

"Hi Siobhan....Ive a question for u..Ive been on the plan for about 4 weeks now..its brilliant am losing cm and weight going down slowly, feel fantastic and eating so well..not feeling hungry or restricted at all..i just cant get my head around HOW this is working so well..like my cals are over 2k a day and im getting the workouts done and dont mind doing them..how am I losing weight and cms? I just dont understand..?? It protein magic stuff altogether? 🤣"

Click here for the secret protein powder. (lol jk)

I blame diet culture for making us think that exercise is for burning calories and that dieting should be restrictive or miserable, or else it's not working.
I hate seeing people trying too hard! Does that make me a bad PT? Should I be in the park shouting at people?

I am inherently lazy and I enjoy the nice things in life. I also want to be lean.

So I have carved out the easiest and laziest way to do it.

It's really simple: a slow sustainable calorie deficit while using training to focus on getting stronger, fitter or more skilled.

If you are like me, and want to find the easy way through this - you can join The Furnace now for the sale price.

(Sorry to anybody who got hit with the waiting list yesterday - a mistake on my side! Spaces are open if you click the button below)

Thanks for reading,

Siobhan "Big fan of khaki pants though" O'Hagan

This email is a whopper.

Admits to being lazy and doesn't want people to "try too hard"

She's on another bleeping planet.

Please sign me up. What a sales pitch!

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 37
“It looked miserable”…is this bleep serious? She has posted multiple videos of her stomping round villas an hotel rooms to get her steps in. Please God let this be the end of her

• Haha
Reactions: 52
She has no idea. As I mentioned on the previous thread I do a bootcamp and the community is unreal I've made a group of friends I'd have never met any other way. Everyone comes from different walks of life but the one main goal is to support and encourage eachother. Ya sometimes the coach shouts to get that last 10 percent out of us. But I know I can ring him when I'm having a rubbish week and I feel like crap. I'd never ring her her in a million years. She is stomping around that common with a slapped arse expression wondering what there at I bet the classes are full and that's what is really passing her off. My coach is making a serious amount of cash but I'm happy for him cos he supports and encourages us all.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I was watching them pointing at the ground and shouting at a woman as she came back from her run around the trees.

Maybe she was having a great time, but I was thinking "What if she is doing this bootcamp just to lose weight?"

(Because maybe she is doing it for fitness, or for practice for the military - who knows?!)

It reminds me of how so many women use exercise as a form of punishment. They think that if a workout isn't miserable then it isn't effective for fat loss.
Or maybe, and heres a groundbreaking thought, she was doing it because she ENJOYS that kind of training style??
How presumptuous of her to assume this woman/those people are training miserably and their goal is to lose weight.
Jesus she's insufferable....

Reactions: 34
She’s stuck in the mentality that everyone still punishment trains & does slimming world and she, shiv the redeemer is here to save every woman on planet earth from such suffering.

It’s 2020 hun, the MINORITY still do that stuff, most of us realised that was all a crock of tit 10 years ago.

But then again that’s her isn’t it? Living in the past.

Reactions: 32
She is the walking definition of binge food and alcohol and then punishment train to try and ‘limit’ the damage. The irony of her mail today is completely lost on her. She is delusional - in her head her acceptance of burning the candle at both ends provides her with a freedom from obsessing over weight loss , when in fact she is the definition of trying to out train a bad diet.

No-one, not even Shiv can do that year round- hence the June blow up, but in trying to maintain her punishment / binge regime her skin and general health is going to really suffer in the next two years

Reactions: 20
She has no idea. As I mentioned on the previous thread I do a bootcamp and the community is unreal I've made a group of friends I'd have never met any other way. Everyone comes from different walks of life but the one main goal is to support and encourage eachother. Ya sometimes the coach shouts to get that last 10 percent out of us. But I know I can ring him when I'm having a rubbish week and I feel like crap. I'd never ring her her in a million years. She is stomping around that common with a slapped arse expression wondering what there at I bet the classes are full and that's what is really passing her off. My coach is making a serious amount of cash but I'm happy for him cos he supports and encourages us all.
My friend loves his BMF! He's a doctor and it's fun to get to meet people who do different things. He's not the emotional type, but seems the instructors share motivational stuff on the WhatsApp group and it's very active with members just...chatting. Workouts are challenging but mean he's very fit now, and all levels catered for.

And she's decided that someone is miserable just from a passing glance? Reminds me of recent fitness meme where women had been told they didn't look happy in the gym and should smile more, so posted videos of them doing workouts with demented smile filter applied

Reactions: 11
Somebody please message her to point out the irony in her email!!

And as for the hair product advertisement. Last 4 washes....that'll be 4 months for this one so! I work in advertising and some of the influencer choices really do make me wonder! Why the hell would a brand want to align a hair product with someone who regularly tells us how disgusting her hair is...and doesn't wash it!!

Reactions: 15
quality thread title

Shivvers couldn't possibly do the boot camp in the park because there are other females doing it. Lest we forget our shivs is so strong she can only roll with almighty men, bleeping gobshite.
Birthday week continues, i see a new belt wasn't on the wish list. Bali knock off for ever.

Reactions: 29
I
quality thread title

Shivvers couldn't possibly do the boot camp in the park because there are other females doing it. Lest we forget our shivs is so strong she can only roll with almighty men, bleeping gobshite.
Birthday week continues, i see a new belt wasn't on the wish list. Bali knock off for ever.
I really hate how she dresses. She manages to get it wrong almost every time. Far too thirsty.

Reactions: 16
I have been spending a lot of time doing laps of Clapham Common here in London and I need to address something I've been frequently observing.

Men in army pants, with women doing burpees, sprints and sit-ups in the park.

I'm guessing (hoping!) that they are ex-military that are now running fitness bootcamps for the general public.

It's the same with dieting. There is no need to be super restrictive.

I had a client write to me yesterday because she couldn't understand how easy she is finding The Furnace:

"Hi Siobhan....Ive a question for u..Ive been on the plan for about 4 weeks now..its brilliant am losing cm and weight going down slowly, feel fantastic and eating so well..not feeling hungry or restricted at all..i just cant get my head around HOW this is working so well..like my cals are over 2k a day and im getting the workouts done and dont mind doing them..how am I losing weight and cms? I just dont understand..?? It protein magic stuff altogether? 🤣"

Click here for the secret protein powder. (lol jk)

I blame diet culture for making us think that exercise is for burning calories and that dieting should be restrictive or miserable, or else it's not working.
I hate seeing people trying too hard! Does that make me a bad PT? Should I be in the park shouting at people?

I am inherently lazy and I enjoy the nice things in life. I also want to be lean.

So I have carved out the easiest and laziest way to do it.

It's really simple: a slow sustainable calorie deficit while using training to focus on getting stronger, fitter or more skilled.

If you are like me, and want to find the easy way through this - you can join The Furnace now for the sale price.

(Sorry to anybody who got hit with the waiting list yesterday - a mistake on my side! Spaces are open if you click the button below)

Thanks for reading,

Siobhan "Big fan of khaki pants though" O'Hagan

This email is a whopper.

Admits to being lazy and doesn't want people to "try too hard"

She's on another bleeping planet.

Please sign me up. What a sales pitch!
If that woman, or any man or woman, wants to exercise to lose weight, then it's none of this cunts business. Who does she actually think she is? She needs to keep her darting, judgey eyes to herself and STFU!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Surely as a "PT" she should be advocating for exercise you enjoy no matter what it is as long as your body is moving? I mean, even the mere thought of gyms / workouts bring me out in a cold sweat but I love walking and as a bonus I find it helpful for my mental health too... just because a certain form of exercise doesn't fit in to your idea of fun doesn't mean it's any less beneficial / good for the soul... she is an absolute idiot... bet if JS starts outdoor boot camps she'll be the first one there to declare it the best thing since mams rocky Road 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 28
She has nothing going on in her life so she raised her head from her phone for once and noticed a good workout class right in front of her .

Reactions: 9
She has nothing going on in her life so she raised her head from her phone for once and noticed a good workout class right in front of her .
She can’t do anything without her phone in her hand… even when she exercises in the park with the boxer. She makes sure the phone is set up to record.

She “forgets” her phone on A night out - she asks raisin to use her phone to take pics of her meal cause she wanted to show it to everyone.

mentally she’s not 34 😂.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.