Siobhan O'Hagan #26 Shiv the Revealer, vaccine stealer, waxed beaver, sh*t cartwheeler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Makes her post about her friends wedding day about her ......living away from home with a sad song about hoping to see them again some day.. Like wish them well with a nice positive post about their wedding and future together. Just pictures of her with the bride. Such a narcissist. I love dermot Kennedy and that song but she keeps adding it to her stories on posts like this as if she is dying and might never see her friends again. Eh no you're in bali living differently hun....

Reactions: 45
She flies back and forth so often surprised she couldn't make the effort considering she spent the summer in London alone.

• Wow
Reactions: 32
Yet again more great advice from the PT my body is telling me to rest but I won't. Great advice there for all your victims oh sorry clients I mean clients.

Reactions: 24
Jeeez she makes some weird af expressions when she's working out 🤨 no nasal breathing while doing her boxing 🧐 because its all bullshit

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Waiting patiently for her to mention her stint in Russia and her humanitarian aid she will provide for Ukraine thru book donations....

• Haha
Reactions: 22
She flies back and forth so often surprised she couldn't make the effort considering she spent the summer in London alone.
She can't make a mates wedding (that she would've had 2 years notice for) because shes ...what exactly ? Going to UFC Sunday? Learning "nasal running"?

She has nothing at all to fill her days and has already said she has a business class flight booked home later in the year.

She could get multiple economy flights home for the price of 1 business class.

If my friend didn't come to my wedding to prioritise the cost of a business class flight home the same year I'd simply delete them from my life.

Reactions: 42
Anyone got yesterday's email? Wanna see what she said about slimming clubs.
I’ve done a lot of different type of “diets” in my life. I thought I would pick one in particular to talk about: Weight Watchers.

I had a pretty rough relationship with food in my teens but for some reason, once I started college in DCU, I didn’t seem to put much focus on it.

All I remember from that time were chicken fillet rolls, jambons, wedges and garlic mayo. Oh and a lot of vodka red bull. (“No wonder you never made it as an actuary” - I know!)

My friend had been going to the local WW and I remember at the end of my first year in college she asked me did I want to join her. At first I thought she just wanted moral support but then I realised I had actually put on a lot of weight, so I went along.

The leader was a lovely lady who gave me an introductory pack that had a table to work out the points of any foods, as well as a library of the generic foods.

I was weighed and given a target weight. I’m pretty sure, back when I was 20, I was about 12 stone and the target was around the 9 stone mark. (for context - I'm currently about 12 stone)

I started off by figuring out how to utilise my points to eat as much as I possibly could.

I did start picking up some good habits like eating chicken and vegetables because the points for these foods were so low. But there was no emphasis on protein and I soon figured out that I could eat a 6 pack of Walkers Baked and a few Curly Wurlys and still be down on the scales.

I don’t know why I hadn’t the common sense to realise that that was unhealthy, but my only focus each week was to get to that target weight and be able to tell everyone proudly each week how much weight I had lost.

I don’t think I even knew what a dumbbell was back then, but I was told that I could “earn” more points each day if I exercised.

So I did as much cardio as I could, to eat more. (I hope you realise this is a bad idea)

Because I was always pretty active - playing Gaelic football and going to the gym to go on the treadmill - I was able to earn lots of points and I was getting so much praise for how fast the scales was dropping.

But then, I ran into problems. I couldn’t seem to get down to 9 stone. I kept paying my weekly fee and I seemed to just stall. I couldn’t possibly do any more cardio, and I didn’t want to eat any less.

But I couldn’t get my free membership if I didn’t get there.

And then I remember my mam begging me to stop.

I’m pretty headstrong so I can’t remember if she was asking for a while but I remember she pointed out that I had just bought a dress in a size 8 for my 21st. (I'm 5 ft 9!) I was skin and bone.

So I stopped.

But then what happened?

I didn’t know how to eat.

What was the point of exercising if I wasn’t earning "points"?

Not surprisingly, I gained weight.

So after a few months of being angry of myself…

I rejoined.

I paid again and I chased that elusive 9 stone.

But then I discovered resistance training. I worked with an excellent PT who showed me how to actually see definition on my stomach, rather than just looking skinny.

But what happens when you gain muscle?

Scales go up. I was “failing” at WW again, despite looking the best I had in ages.

This is why I don’t like weight loss clubs that use the scales as measurements. It actually discourages resistance training which is what will have you looking *and feeling* your best for the rest of your life.

Plus, the person “leading” these groups are unlikely to have any nutrition qualifications - or else they probably wouldn’t be working there!

I since have become passionate about helping women turning their bodies into fit, strong and healthy bodies that can eat a lot of food, and still look good. If you are interested in joining The Furnace, we are keeping spaces open until Friday - so click here if you would like to get started!

Thanks for reading!

Siobhan "Back to 12 stone and thriving" O'Hagan

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
While I'm not fond of 'slimming clubs' in general, they do have a place for the general population in learning a bit about portion control and overall nutrition. It's a simplified method of encouraging better eating habits- the days of saving all your syns/points for shite/alcohol are long gone, and definitely not encouraged.
Her fond memories are outdated and most have moved on from the 'weight loss at all costs' mentality. anyone I know who goes to WW/SW etc nowadays tell me they're actively encouraged to exercise regularly - and to add resistance training where they can for overall health benefits.

I have a friend who is/was a WW consultant and when the franchise left Ireland she set up her own slimming club for her loyal customers- her new plan is all calorie/macro based and they're loving it. Membership is up and she says people tell her they're loving it because they're actually learning about nutrition and implementing habits that they can sustain.
She told me the when under the WW label her hands were tied as to what she could officially advise, and many of her colleagues were increasingly frustrated with what they were encourage to 'push' onto their clients. Her (& her colleagues) have all undertaken various nutrition courses because she felt an obligation to her clients to give scientifically backed advice and also to enable her to help ones who were struggling more than others for various reasons.

And WHEN did she ever play Gaelic football??? That's the first time I've ever heard it mentioned??

What nutrition qualifications does Shiv have??
She has her crappy pt qualification which has one brief module on nutrition. I don't know of any other qualifications she has - she has only started the pre/post natal one because the likes of Coco etc have all completed it.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
"So I did as much cardio as I could, to eat more. (I hope you realise this is a bad idea)"

Is she a pathological liar, or just completely blind to what she does? She constantly does punishment cardio, and multiple gym sessions to "allow" herself to binge at the weekend?

She's a lost cause, Jesus Christ.

Sorry, also ETA: She's sad about missing a friend's wedding, not because she wants to be there for her friend, but because she's missing out on an Irish wedding sesh, 150%. If she wanted to be there, she would. Absolute dose of shite.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
There’s a massive push on tiktok atm towards inappropriate male fitness professionals (sohee has spoken about it at length). Notice Siobh will never stand up for women probably because James smith wouldn’t like it

Reactions: 15
"So I did as much cardio as I could, to eat more. (I hope you realise this is a bad idea)"

Ehmmmmmmm, that is effectively what she preaches now through actions.🥴

Probably didn't go to friend's wedding because she can't afford business class right now. It wouldn't surprise me.

Reactions: 27
Any pregnant or new mother who goes to Shivvo for coaching needs their head checked! She would have absolutely no sympathy for any tiredness, busy schedule, soreness, would prob tell u to suck it up and push u way too far. Cannot believe she's jumping on that bandwagon!

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.