Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You should look at the red duchess and Sinead Mallon stories.. calling out unqualified influencers trying to give mental health advice and recommending a bath and some manifesting to treat mental health issues!!! There needs to be something done in this area.. so dangerous to pretend you know what you are taking about by just showing bits of books with highlighted passages!!

Reactions: 8
You should look at the red duchess and Sinead Mallon stories.. calling out unqualified influencers trying to give mental health advice and recommending a bath and some manifesting to treat mental health issues!!! There needs to be something done in this area.. so dangerous to pretend you know what you are taking about by just showing bits of books with highlighted passages!!
But Sinead is so good at understanding people after a few minutes and can just sort their lives out so easy... why would she need a qualification?!

Just joking, based on sineads emails and website I dont think she has the writing skills to get a qualification. But maybe highlighting books and swipeups will get you there

Reactions: 6
But Sinead is so good at understanding people after a few minutes and can just sort their lives out so easy... why would she need a qualification?!

Just joking, based on sineads emails and website I dont think she has the writing skills to get a qualification. But maybe highlighting books and swipeups will get you there
I know right!! Sure 5 mi s with her and there would be no need for meds or therapy. I do like her positivity but just can’t cope with the vanity of thinking that she is a therapist!!! The absolute notions

Reactions: 3
For someone that reads highlights so many books her spelling and grammar is questionable. Poor form she went home to her family and then planning on going straight back to Siobhan after. Imagine she brings back Covid and passes it to SOH. The whole country will be back in lockdown with the amount of places these pair are visiting. Not to mention everyone that goes on one of the boat trips in Portugal.
Not too long ago this girl was in the one pennys green suit for every event and one pair of my protein leggings... now she’s sponsored from the fast fashion brands she thinks she’s Ireland’s next top model. Time will come when these IT girls are a few years older and no one cares less about them. Let’s just hope they learnt enough from “the power of now” to help them with there mental health then when noone cares less.This girl is so so fake anyways she was a weapon before she “made it””” lol

Reactions: 6
Sinead is BA for my protein but can’t squat for tit
She’s actually really unfit for
Wish I could be that slim living the lifestyle she has

Don’t think red Dutchess should be giving out dietary and supplements advice though. The one she’s friendly with isn’t a proper nutritionist and some of stuff she says is pure quackery.

Reactions: 2
Don’t think red Dutchess should be giving out dietary and supplements advice though. The one she’s friendly with isn’t a proper nutritionist and some of stuff she says is pure quackery.
I didn’t see her giving out dietary/supplement advice. I only saw her stories where she showed what she takes herself. Did I miss that somewhere?

Reactions: 1
Probably should have worded it better by saying her talking about her diet and what she takes. Plus promoting an unqualified person isn’t a good thing which she does a lot.

Mental health PROFESSIONALS would have knowledge of nutritional aspects of brain health etc. They'd also know things like the anatomy of the brain....you know...the stuff that isnt covered in The Secret

Reactions: 5
Sinead Mallon really hitting the nail on the head today about people reading a book and giving advice as if they are experts. Well worth a listen. If people can't give dietary/medical advice without qualifications, Sinead shouldn't be allowed to reply to DMs and send out a newsletter where she is offering advice on people's mental health. She has no idea what kind of impact her generalised take on something could have on someone suffering from mental health issues.

Reactions: 4
What really hits me hard is that someone could genuinely be suffering, going through suicidal thoughts and may take that step where they realise they've had enough.

By them not getting the right help, underlying notes in books and thinking that's the answer and not seeking professional medical help and then potentially taking their lives/self harming.

Sinead would never know, she is just someone on an online platform giving out blanket advice, she would not know that someone has taken their life or self harmed. I am not in anyway suggesting she would be the cause of it, what i'm saying is giving blanket advice and not knowing the implications of it, not knowing the background of the person and saying a throw away comment. Sinead Hegarty is not qualified and just as Sinead Mollen said people who are actually qualified would be struck off the registrar if they carried on like influencers/vloggers/bloggers did.

Sinead really is in her own world. "Successful people get up early and get their me time done". They get up early and work. Most people struggle to get 3 hours of me time in everyday because they have jobs.

In Instagram world if you don’t have your journaling, sea swim, coffee and half a book read (and maybe a free tampax chicken curry in you) before 6am then I’m afraid you are a total and utter failure at life.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Sorry but that email today was SO condescending. I run my own business and get up at 5.30 every day... was Siobhan seriously the first person she had ever met to get up early?? And most peoples' mentors are not Instagram influencers * eye roll * forget about the female politicians or people who are actually making a difference in the world...follow James Smith!!
Me and my friends used to like Sineads content and how she was transparent about influencers income etc. but we have all unfollowed her one by one recently. I don't want to see constant swipe ups to shite fast fashion. And I must tell my 5 year old cousin that she shouldn't have manifested her leukemia...

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.