Sinead Hegarty #5 Jack be nimble, Jack be quick, Jack be careful where you dip your wick - Sinead’s onto you

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I did think that though- this statement has been thrown about many a time including with PTs and influencers on the gram. When men say it, it's fine. When a woman says it, there is murder.
Hegs take on it will be interesting to hear.
Nah I'm sorry its disgusting no matter who says it and I'm annoyingly feminist

Reactions: 4
You're so right actually, she doesn't seem to be learning . Very good point.
Though on the age thing, the part of the brain involved in decision making doesn't develop fully until age 25, explaining why a lot of us do and say stupid things when younger. Very interesting studies on it. . Though I take your point she's not learning/reflecting. 🙂🙂
Yeah I agree with that point but I do think the bigger issue is just not coming out and learning from the mistake also that she has an entire PR system that would have listened back to that podcast and allowed it to be posted knowing the backlash it would get because no pr is bad pr to them

Reactions: 2
What did she say exactly that she needs to retract?

We all have 24 hours in the day, even Beyonce = true (and that's a quote from someone else)

You get one life, you decide how to live it = true (for the vast vast vast majority)

Should she come out and say "there's 36 hours in a day and someone else will tell you how to fill them"?

The hysteria here is thinly veiled misogyny at a young beautiful rich woman. Call it what is is.
She stated that she already got backlash about this particular point and decided to stick the shoe in further and she even mentions poverty, and states that if you want something enough you can achieve it if you’re willing to go to any lengths. Yes if you have white privilege. Would you stand over that statement and say it to people living in Syria?

Reactions: 6
I thought this summed it up for me anyway. .
Sorry but that's an absol cop out. ..22 is young but you are still an adult and still responsible for what you say esp if you have 100s of thousand of followers. This isn't her first time to take a swipe at poverty and those living in it, she was lambasted the 1st time but she clearly hasn't learned. It's even more so infuriating saying as food banks and the amount of poverty is never out of the news/social media etc
It was a bleeping ignorant comment from someone who has never wanted for anything. Most of her 'hard work' has been supplied by minimum wage workers making her clothes or make up or whatever the duck she does.
Begarty needs to wise up too, not only a few days ago was she showing us the poverty of bali and asking for help for those people and now she's sticking up for someone who believes you won't be in poverty 'If you work hard enough' .....is there double standards between men and women spouting such shite not in my eyes I'd call out anyone with such ignorant views...molly came to the forefront because of her 'influencer' status therefor more people were going to listen.

Sorry for the rant but the subject of poverty and those looking down on those on the breadline as if they don't work hard enough and it's their own fault really triggers me.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Sorry but that's an absol cop out. ..22 is young but you are still an adult and still responsible for what you say esp if you have 100s of thousand of followers. This isn't her first time to take a swipe at poverty and those living in it, she was lambasted the 1st time but she clearly hasn't learned. It's even more so infuriating saying as food banks and the amount of poverty is never out of the news/social media etc
It was a bleeping ignorant comment from someone who has never wanted for anything. Most of her 'hard work' has been supplied by minimum wage workers making her clothes or make up or whatever the duck she does.
Begarty needs to wise up too, not only a few days ago was she showing us the poverty of bali and asking for help for those people and now she's sticking up for someone who believes you won't be in poverty 'If you work hard enough' .....is there double standards between men and women spouting such shite not in my eyes I'd call out anyone with such ignorant views...molly came to the forefront because of her 'influencer' status therefor more people were going to listen.

Sorry for the rant but the subject of poverty and those looking down on those on the breadline as if they don't work hard enough and it's their own fault really triggers me.
I think I really meant by that, she's a bit simple, ex love islander. Not the sharpest tool in the box, and therefore I lower my expectations of her opinion on pretty much anything.
That was really the point.
It wasn't justifying what she said.
Sorry if you thought I was justifying what she said.

Reactions: 1
I think I really meant by that, she's a bit simple, ex love islander. Not the sharpest tool in the box, and therefore I lower my expectations of her opinion on pretty much anything.
That was really the point.
It wasn't justifying what she said.
Sorry if you thought I was justifying what she said.
No no wasn't getting at you at all was the screenshot you put up and in it it's trying to say she's a child and leave her be that was my issue not you, sorry if it came across I was having a go at you.
Molly is from middle class back round and is well educated so I don't buy into the whole she's ditzy. Classic case of white middle class privilege

No no wasn't getting at you at all was the screenshot you put up and in it it's trying to say she's a child and leave her be that was my issue not you, sorry if it came across I was having a go at you.
Molly is from middle class back round and is well educated so I don't buy into the whole she's ditzy. Classic case of white middle class privilege
Oh I know. . I didn't take offence. . I focused more on the point. Mollie is no karl Marx🤣!
But to any mildly insightful person. It's clear we all get very different luck in life. Syrian refugees for a start. Kids drowning in ocean. Mollie is a silly.
No offence taken at all🙂

Oh I know. . I didn't take offence. . I focused more on the point. Mollie is no karl Marx🤣!
But to any mildly insightful person. It's clear we all get very different luck in life. Syrian refugees for a start. Kids drowning in ocean. Mollie is a silly.
No offence taken at all🙂
Think that's the part of the interview that annoyed me, her saying we all have the same 24 hours.....sorry but kids from war torn countries, 3rd world countries, abusive families, families with addictions do not have the same 24 hours as other kids. If a 22 year old doesn't know this by now then they need to start paying attention to the world around them and if they don't it's up to us to educate them by calling them out on their ignorance.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Is it just me or does anyone else look at jack and think wtf are you doing with her....I thought he was intelligent. She is the most boring uneducated duck wit I've ever watched ....I can't even watch her stories anymore...she is so boring and she does not live in the real world !

Reactions: 14
I really don’t think he’s that bright either because if he was surely he would pull her up about the nonsense she spouts. At least Siobhan OH, as bad as she is, didn’t agree with her uneducated ramblings

Reactions: 12
I think Jack knows exactly what he's at.....seen an opportunity and took it. Being sineads witch for a while has opened doors for him in regards to sponsored posts etc....once he's more established il say he will bin her

Reactions: 12
Sorry but why the duck does she need to pull his jersey off?? Confused as it looks like he would be more than capable of doing himself 😂
Also can someone pls inform her of her pole dancing technique it is all wrong, her feet give me the fear watching her like I am cringing watching her climb that pole it is all wrong!!
And today on that hoop Jesus Christ she has about as much rhythm as a stick

Reactions: 3
Sorry but why the duck does she need to pull his jersey off?? Confused as it looks like he would be more than capable of doing himself 😂
Also can someone pls inform her of her pole dancing technique it is all wrong, her feet give me the fear watching her like I am cringing watching her climb that pole it is all wrong!!
And today on that hoop Jesus Christ she has about as much rhythm as a stick
Humidity is a real witch when it comes to synthetic fabrics I live in a humid place and in the summer I avoid jerseys like the plague

Humidity is a real witch when it comes to synthetic fabrics I live in a humid place and in the summer I avoid jerseys like the plague
She treats him like a bleeping 5 year old....I'd say she is one of these kind game players that she tries and brings his ego down for him to feel bad about himself so he will stay with her...how the duck can he keep sitting there listening to that tit she spouts !

Reactions: 3
She stated that she already got backlash about this particular point and decided to stick the shoe in further and she even mentions poverty, and states that if you want something enough you can achieve it if you’re willing to go to any lengths. Yes if you have white privilege. Would you stand over that statement and say it to people living in Syria?
So the bar is Syria and unless you grew up in Syria you need to acknowledge your privilege and can never mention your success? Rigggghhhttt.

Show me one example of a rich successful man being cancelled cos "Syria" and I'll accept this isn't misogyny.

Until then this looks to me to be young (dim) rich woman being held to a standard no other man is.

So the bar is Syria and unless you grew up in Syria you need to acknowledge your privilege and can never mention your success? Rigggghhhttt.

Show me one example of a rich successful man being cancelled cos "Syria" and I'll accept this isn't misogyny.

Until then this looks to me to be young (dim) rich woman being held to a standard no other man is.
it’s hard to separate this concept from Molly Mae when her success involves capitalizing on the use of slave labour and don’t bother saying she doesn’t know. As “creative director” it’s her job to know.
I don’t think this is a gender issue it’s the mean with which she’s rich and successful make her comments so much more distasteful

Reactions: 5
it’s hard to separate this concept from Molly Mae when her success involves capitalizing on the use of slave labour and don’t bother saying she doesn’t know. As “creative director” it’s her job to know.
I don’t think this is a gender issue it’s the mean with which she’s rich and successful make her comments so much more distasteful
The slave labour thing was going on before she got there. Not that it makes it ok. It definitley isn't. PLT is a problematic brand whether its their practices or their contribution to huge environmental issues with their single use fast fashion pieces. That just seems to be thrown into the criticisms being levelled at MM, instead of calling out the CEO who is directly responsible or boycotting their brands.
Her comments were poor. But the backlash is disproportionate.

I suppose she made the comments before and has references that she got slated so there’s no learning.

also she’s apparently a multi millionaire so she could choose to work with brands that don’t use slave labor. At the end of the day I think influencers need to be held accountable. All the rest of us are in our jobs. They get away with a lot,I don’t agree with cancel culture but i do with there was more accountability

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.