Sinead Hegarty #5 Jack be nimble, Jack be quick, Jack be careful where you dip your wick - Sinead’s onto you

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like Sinead, she seems like a good soul who tries her best . To a non medical person like Sinead, this Nutritionist might sound knowledgable, so Sinead can't be blamed.
To a medical person, this woman's physiology knowledge is woeful and her tunnel vision with regard to potential diagnosis of various symptoms is dangerous.
I agree with her holistic approach where suitable, and general improvement in lifestyle and diet etc., however how she delivers her message is littered with error and potential risk of missed diagnosis.

I’m sorry but I’d have to disagree saying Sinead can’t be blamed.. I don’t dislike Sinead and actually used to love her but there are so many holes in the things she says and does that I stopped taking her word as bible a long time ago. If Sinead wants to put out an educational and informative podcast then she should either do it due diligence and research the people and topics she’s talking about a lot better, maybe get proper advice on the subject OR what anyone else would do and stick to what you KNOW. There isn’t a hope in hell I’d start a podcast discussing women’s health because all I know is my body, I’d be opening myself up to far too much trouble. She shouldn’t be discussing half the topics she does full stop and she can absolutely be blamed for that?? Doesn’t matter how pure her intentions are, she’s given a platform to a random woman to spread misinformation to sineads audience which is predominantly young girls, how can you say that’s ok??

It’s also a really bad sign of sineads intelligence to say that to her this woman sounds medically trained and qualified, to me that might hint that Sinead is not qualified to be doing any of this 🤷🏻‍♀️

Just want to reiterate, I don’t dislike Sinead and think she’s probably a lovely person but she isn’t qualified to be talking about the subjects she does and it would be in her own benefit to either qualify, or stop talking about things as if she is qualified. Reading someone else’s books is not enough. I think she’s very good at influencing people and things like her meditation course etc are a good idea for her but she needs to leave serious topics alone before she gets herself into serious trouble.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I’m sorry but I’d have to disagree saying Sinead can’t be blamed.. I don’t dislike Sinead and actually used to love her but there are so many holes in the things she says and does that I stopped taking her word as bible a long time ago. If Sinead wants to put out an educational and informative podcast then she should either do it due diligence and research the people and topics she’s talking about a lot better, maybe get proper advice on the subject OR what anyone else would do and stick to what you KNOW. There isn’t a hope in hell I’d start a podcast discussing women’s health because all I know is my body, I’d be opening myself up to far too much trouble. She shouldn’t be discussing half the topics she does full stop and she can absolutely be blamed for that?? Doesn’t matter how pure her intentions are, she’s given a platform to a random woman to spread misinformation to sineads audience which is predominantly young girls, how can you say that’s ok??

It’s also a really bad sign of sineads intelligence to say that to her this woman sounds medically trained and qualified, to me that might hint that Sinead is not qualified to be doing any of this 🤷🏻‍♀️

Just want to reiterate, I don’t dislike Sinead and think she’s probably a lovely person but she isn’t qualified to be talking about the subjects she does and it would be in her own benefit to either qualify, or stop talking about things as if she is qualified. Reading someone else’s books is not enough. I think she’s very good at influencing people and things like her meditation course etc are a good idea for her but she needs to leave serious topics alone before she gets herself into serious trouble.
Sure of course Sinead isn't qualified to do any of this... she has her mediocre A levels and that's it.
She literally isn't qualified to give advice on *anything*.
It boils my blood how she continually spews out incorrect info and advice about women's health, mental health issues, relationships, alcohol, exercise etc .... honestly don't know how anyone can listen to her when she has no evidence to back up a word that comes out of her mouth

Reactions: 16

Good points, you are correct. Sinead also has responsibility.. I suppose I had a misplaced kindness toward her in my message.
the kindness in this case should be directed to poor young women listening to this rubbish, who may end up with a misdiagnosis.
Point taken.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I like Sinead, she seems like a good soul who tries her best . To a non medical person like Sinead, this Nutritionist might sound knowledgable, so Sinead can't be blamed.
To a medical person, this woman's physiology knowledge is woeful and her tunnel vision with regard to potential diagnosis of various symptoms is dangerous.
I agree with her holistic approach where suitable, and general improvement in lifestyle and diet etc., however how she delivers her message is littered with error and potential risk of missed diagnosis.
It's sineads podcast so she should be vetting her guests properly then, trying to take the blame of her is somewhat laughable as sinead constantly gives out bullshit advice in areas she is not qualified in, just a few months back she told one of her followers that she should stick with a jealous boyfriend who her family and friends hate coz apparently he has deep rooted issues that the girlfriend should explore!!! What sinead should have said is that rings alarm bells go talk to someone who is a professional and qualified to give out advice.

Reactions: 6
It's sineads podcast so she should be vetting her guests properly then, trying to take the blame of her is somewhat laughable as sinead constantly gives out bullshit advice in areas she is not qualified in, just a few months back she told one of her followers that she should stick with a jealous boyfriend who her family and friends hate coz apparently he has deep rooted issues that the girlfriend should explore!!! What sinead should have said is that rings alarm bells go talk to someone who is a professional and qualified to give out advice.
I suppose I didn't realise people take Sineads advice that seriously. She is obviously not qualified . I just assumed girls are smart enough to take her advice with a pinch of salt.
However the nutritionist is claiming to be an expert, so I thought there was more of a risk of people believing her nonsense.
Anyway I take your point.
Didn't realise people take sinead so seriously. I just view her page as light hearted. If I want proper advice I personally would seek suitably qualified person.

Reactions: 2
I suppose I didn't realise people take Sineads advice that seriously. She is obviously not qualified . I just assumed girls are smart enough to take her advice with a pinch of salt.
However the nutritionist is claiming to be an expert, so I thought there was more of a risk of people believing her nonsense.
Anyway I take your point.
Didn't realise people take sinead so seriously. I just view her page as light hearted. If I want proper advice I personally would seek suitably qualified person.
That's why we have threads like this, it's to call out the bullshit sinead spreads. Young girls are so impressionable esp in the 'influencer' age so when sinead starts saying she's a relationship expert coz she has a book (which was just a rip off of other authors) young girls tend to buy into that without checking the actual credentials of the influencer. Sinead on more than one occasion has spouted very dangerous advice in regards to quite a few things, I think the main one we talk about on here is she basically said folk with cancer manifest it and that's why they have cancer. She tells young women that when a person cheats on you to not hold it against them its just their way of telling you they are unhappy in the relationship and its up to the couple to work it out! She's a self centred narcissistic clown that needs called out at every turn

Reactions: 16
A nutritional therapist is as much of quackery as a naturopath. I’m just surprised at how popular she seems to be. People are so gullible especially when they have the likes of Sinead promoting these frauds

Reactions: 4
I decided to listen to the contraceptive podcast. Here’s my running commentary:

There was a very negative tone while they were talking about female contraception.
They both kept saying that it leads to anxiety, bloating, bad skin, gaining weight, poor sex drive. It was all just so negative as if they knew best.

AOK said that ‘you can only get pregnant for 6 days out of every cycle so you could have unprotected sex for the rest of your cycle and not get pregnant’. These are outrageous comments to be making when young impressionable girls are listening in

They also said that it’s not normal to have heavy sore periods…..🙄 according to these experts, heavy periods are a result of too much ‘bad oestrogen’ which can be found in tan and make up (don’t see them advocating for having warnings on tan or make up bottles)

AOK was really condescending to girls that don’t know how periods work. Most people don’t know how their brain work either Ais, what’s the difference

AOK had all Sineads heavy sore periods/extreme PMS (Sineads words) sorted out but Sinead didn’t keep up with the routine of taking random supplements so now needs to start again.

Sinead thinks AOK needs to do a seminar on hormones/periods because she is so passionate about it. It seems in Sineads head, one just needs to be passionate to qualify them in certain subjects.

According to AOK, the chances of getting pregnant on a one night stand is very unlikely.

In summary, they talked a lot of shite.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 32

There was a very negative tone while they were talking about female contraception.
They both kept saying that it leads to anxiety, bloating, bad skin, gaining weight, poor sex drive. It was all just so negative as if they knew best.

AOK said that ‘you can only get pregnant for 6 days out of every cycle so you could have unprotected sex for the rest of your cycle and not get pregnant’. These are outrageous comments to be making when young impressionable girls are listening in

They also said that it’s not normal to have heavy sore periods…..🙄 according to these experts, heavy periods are a result of too much ‘bad oestrogen’ which can be found in tan and make up (don’t see them advocating for having warnings on tan or make up bottles)

AOK was really condescending to girls that don’t know how periods work. Most people don’t know how their brain work either Ais, what’s the difference

AOK had all Sineads heavy sore periods/extreme PMS (Sineads words) sorted out but Sinead didn’t keep up with the routine of taking random supplements so now needs to start again.

Sinead thinks AOK needs to do a seminar on hormones/periods because she is so passionate about it. It seems in Sineads head, one just needs to be passionate to qualify them in certain subjects.

According to AOK, the chances of getting pregnant on a one night stand is very unlikely.

That is nothing short of terrifying and disgraceful?? Who can this be reported to or flagged somehow? At least on Instagram they flag stories and posts with Covid misinformation etc, surely there should be something for this kind of thing too?

Reactions: 13

Fair play to you for sitting through that.

Such dangerous dangerous advice/chat esp when we know ow young girls listen to her. Do I believe men should have a contraceptive so it's not always on the woman, yes I do but until then I'd always promote safe sex to my nieces.

As someone who suffers from a heavy flow and cramps it's just normal to me, I don't use tan and barely wear make up so what an absol load of utter bollocks. It really is time these podcasters are held accountable for giving false advice and claims.

Reactions: 13
That doesn't make sense. Are these 25 people she knows, surely there would be a conflict of interest if 25 people who knew each other saw the same therapist?

She's such a bleeping dose! She hasn't got a clue what she's talking about. Shut your bleeping mouth Sinead, you fake bleep.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.