Sims YouTubers #5 James and Deli are eternally grateful, Lilsimsie's suburbans are getting painful

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So she posts her "honest" review, making a point of saying she's not getting paid for her opinion then waits a day and posts her creator code which gets her money when people buy the pack.

A few people are questioning it but sadly others are not.

This makes me appreciate even more that Plumbella turned down a creator code.

Came on here to see what people would be saying about this. I think it’s a step too far and utterly bizarre on EA’s side. A creator code needs to come with a discount or incentive. I.e. use the creator code to get a game early. The tragic thing is people are going to use the code

Reactions: 11
I would probably use a code to support a smaller creator… but not someone like Kayla who is already rich basically.
i respect Plumbella for turning hers down because she wanted her review to speak for itself.
Kayla is shady af for saying she isn’t getting paid for early access content but she technically is because the more she gushes in her review the more subs will buy the pack and use her code.

Reactions: 15
Syd Mac did a video playing babies to teens and shaded herself for pronouncing San Sequoia wrong, that was pretty funny

Reactions: 3
Kayla is shady af for saying she isn’t getting paid for early access content but she technically is because the more she gushes in her review the more subs will buy the pack and use her code.
I would respect it more if she just said hey if you are going to buy the pack anyway and want to use this code it helps me out financially. Ok. I still wouldn't use it because I think it is dumb but at least that's honest. I can't stand it when people can't just be real and direct. And also acknowledge that her review is NOT untarnished.

The codes must have helped EA or they wouldn't have done this again but imo it is total bs.

Reactions: 9
EA code is like what Fortnite/Epic games had in their store years ago and every single content creator had their own code. That one didn't give discounts either but everyone pushed those.

Reactions: 3
I wonder if they use the creator codes to see which “simfluencers” generate the most downloads of the packs so they can decide who they work with going forward

Reactions: 14
I wonder if they use the creator codes to see which “simfluencers” generate the most downloads of the packs so they can decide who they work with going forward
That was my interpretation of this whole debacle to be fair. Views don’t really count for much if the people aren’t giving EA money for packs so this is a perfect way for them to monitor which of their simtumbers brings in the most moolah for them

Reactions: 6
I've only ever seen Kayla say she has a code do other simstubers especially the smaller channels even have them.
---
Is there any point in being a game changer did anyone who got the pack early gain that many views compared to say satchonsims who did his review slightly later. I've seen people comment that they trust non game changers more because its guaranteed honesty.

Reactions: 7
Jesus Christ I cant stand kayla, genuinely. I’m just watching her live stream replay on YouTube for the new pack. So far she’s got upset for people entering the giveaway repeating ‘I have just told you out loud that there is no giveaway’ really quite rudely honestly, she’s moaning and whining about how overwhelmed she is playing the new pack, having a go at people for suggesting she kills off one of the sims (even though her entire personality is her ‘quirky’ habit of killing sims)

so beyond dull yet irritating!

Reactions: 13
I watched kaylas nsb stream with the new pack. She didn't like playing in the apartment cause the dog she chose to adopt cannot go outside easily and she misses her grave collection. She deleted all the ghost sims that were actually in the apartment. So she chose to leave the needs tlc apartment after 3 days. Stating that she wrote the rules so doesn't have to stick to them because her dogs needs are more important. Translation she wrote the rules but hasn't actually ever got this far and the needs tlc apartment is annoying to play in.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
98C63B81-88CA-4633-A261-EC7C9BD86651.jpeg

Is this the height of creativity? How many of these 7 infants videos does the Internet need?

Sims YouTubers #6 Infant challenges galore, good LPs are a thing of yore.

It's a quick easy video to make when they had early access for a couple of days. Lps take time effort and the ability to focus on something for longer than ten minutes. I expect kayla to intergate infants into her short legacy and by intergate I mean she will attempt to help her current gens infants reach a few milestones and then completely ignore the infant life state for every other generation. If she even continues it after ten gens. She will use the excuse that they age up too fast. Deli will start an lp it will last slightly longer than her last orgasm. James will actually play with infants in his big wallet series. There will be 972 episodes where nothing happens he will pretend he cares that his kids riding a bike. Drgluon will be chaotic I predict lots of mess and him ignoring everyone's needs as per usual.

• Haha
I watched two mins of the most recent English simmer review and she bought her own growing together pack as she said codes were delayed.

I agree creator codes that give nothing to the consumer but give a kick back to a EA shrill who earns plenty does seem ridiculous. And EA game changers wonder why people think they are biased?

Reactions: 6
View attachment 2037899
Is this the height of creativity? How many of these 7 infants videos does the Internet need
Even Syd Mac did a version of this, and she’s mostly known for building. The video was good in theory because she was going to play from infant to teen to get a sense of what you can do with each stage, but she only ended up playing them for a couple of in-game days before aging them up. Soooo…what was the point of having 7 of them?

Reactions: 5
View attachment 2037899
Is this the height of creativity? How many of these 7 infants videos does the Internet need?

Sims YouTubers #6 Infant challenges galore, good LPs are a thing of yore.
This is why I scream from the rooftops about small channels. They're hard AF to find bc YT buries them, but they aren't doing the same sad, tired bullshit that these "game changers" are doing. (idk how they're changing the game when they repeat the same 4 challenges and thumbnails every day 😂)

It's like how irritating it was when Oshin or UrbanSims (can't remember which) made some comment about how we need to "bring back long LPs" bc all these big channels recycle the same short challenges over and over. Like, girl, all the small channels have long ass legacy games going 🙄

Reactions: 7
Does anyone watch someone who is a normal human being? I'm not really here for the fake OMG screaming simmers or the ones who have made their voices so low and monotone that I want to fall asleep. Anyone who just talks like a human being?
Sorry for the late reply but I just started watching Not Malcolm doing a legacy challenge in The Sims 3. There's a fair bit to watch and 100% refreshing from over reacting and EA ass kissing of big Simtubers

Reactions: 1
deli struggling to take some rest?? hahahahaha
Somehow Deli can't find it in her to go see a doctor about her periods hurting/making her extra tired but she can book an appointment when her knee has been hurting a bit when exercising for 2 days...
Screenshot 2023-03-19 at 13-16-25 Stories • Instagram.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
The reason the bigger simmers don't do lps other than the effort involved is that they don't like that views drop off. They'll get the usual oh it's a new video views initially but then some people just naturally stop watching because it's not their thing. So rather than making videos for their audience they want to make videos to grow their audience. Smaller simmers tend to actually play the sims for their own entertainment and views are a bonus.

Since the subject of Cindy came up, I just wanna say something again (no one reacted last time I talked about it :cry:) :
A while back, she had started these "hate" videos about TS4 and she was getting way more views than her TS2 LPs were.
Then, she made a long ass video saying she was DONE with the hate videos, that it wasn't who she was, that she didn't like doing this and that she was only continuing doing them to get views, and that what she really wanted to do was TS2 LPs, even if it was gonna give her less views/less money. It was like a full on statement.
She did what she said she would, she was only making TS2 LPs videos and her views were dropping.
Then, one day, I came back to her channel a little while later and the "hate" videos were back on the table and that video about her stopping the hate videos was gone ! 💀

• Wow
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.