Sims YouTubers #5 James and Deli are eternally grateful, Lilsimsie's suburbans are getting painful

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched delis lp. It was bland and boring I didn't care about anyone. Note to Deli telling the viewer there's family drama is pointless unless you actually show family drama. Deli trying to pretend that the world is interesting with lots of stuff to do is hilarious. Going on family walks is not gameplay. I bet it lasts 6 episodes she probably filmed for about 3 hours which breaks down to 6 thirty minute episodes in total.

Reactions: 6
I'm trying to watch her LP but it's so boring. She also jumps from pillar to post (found this expression online, hope it's correct lol) a LOT. It's like she wants to talk all the time to make the video interesting... but it just falls flat.
She keeps getting overexcited and screaming "woooooooooow" etc.
She is not faking conversations between sims so that's good but she's still imagining things like saying "oh she knew my sim was pregnant" etc, it's awkward.

And I still cannot handle her words suddently getting high pitched. Like what is this ?!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
The reason the bigger simmers don't do lps other than the effort involved is that they don't like that views drop off. They'll get the usual oh it's a new video views initially but then some people just naturally stop watching because it's not their thing. So rather than making videos for their audience they want to make videos to grow their audience. Smaller simmers tend to actually play the sims for their own entertainment and views are a bonus.
Everyone is after short term gains not long term stability. They treat content creation like a production line, creating whatever is easiest/fastest for them and wonder why no one watches beyond the first couple episodes. Then they say that "let's plays are dead" or "the sims is dead" when there are many examples of that being untrue. Everyone wants to treat Youtube like a hobby but still get paid full time money and it's catching up to them.

Then, one day, I came back to her channel a little while later and the "hate" videos were back on the table and that video about her stopping the hate videos was gone ! 💀
Wasn't she the one complaining about let's plays being dead but omitted the fact that it had been like 6-12 months since she had uploaded a let's play part? Like duh, if you don't upload what people want, people leave. I find it wild that everything is to blame but the root of the problem, them.

Reactions: 5
I'm done watching the video. 30 minutes and all that's happened is her sim got pregnant and threw a baby shower... 30 minutes.....

Reactions: 4
I'm done watching the video. 30 minutes and all that's happened is her sim got pregnant and threw a baby shower... 30 minutes.....
That's why I asked if people liked 30 minute videos. All the ones I've come across are like this, 30 minutes of nothing and padding. 🤷‍♀️

Since the subject of Cindy came up, I just wanna say something again (no one reacted last time I talked about it :cry:) :
A while back, she had started these "hate" videos about TS4 and she was getting way more views than her TS2 LPs were.
Then, she made a long ass video saying she was DONE with the hate videos, that it wasn't who she was, that she didn't like doing this and that she was only continuing doing them to get views, and that what she really wanted to do was TS2 LPs, even if it was gonna give her less views/less money. It was like a full on statement.
She did what she said she would, she was only making TS2 LPs videos and her views were dropping.
Then, one day, I came back to her channel a little while later and the "hate" videos were back on the table and that video about her stopping the hate videos was gone ! 💀
Cindy has always been a hypocrite when it comes to that kind of stuff. She will occasionally give the sims 4 credit but uses bashing to help giver her views. A few other creators also act like they hate The Sims 4 but don't stop playing or talking about it. Cindy also tends to make a really big deal over small details that could easily be patched out ( but to be fair EA is usually bad about fixing the little things that could make stuff better, see wants and fears). But she kept doing those videos because she knew that it would bring her views and stopped putting effort into lps.

Closing in on page 50, anyone have ideas for a new title? Try to put at least 1 big simmer in the title so we can piggyback off SEO. ;)

• Haha
LilSimsie begs for money, we say no thank you honey

Vixella’s basic builds are annoying, Kelsey Impicchiche‘s challenges are soul destroying

Deligracy has period pain, LilSimsie makes the same video again

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I
LilSimsie begs for money, we say no thank you honey

Vixella’s basic builds are annoying, Kelsey Impicchiche‘s challenges are soul destroying

Deligracy has period pain, LilSimsie makes the same video again
Love all of these 😂😂

Also, deli's work ethics summed up:
Screenshot_20230319-155920_YouTube.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Found another channel that was clickbaiting Growing Together before it came out. Anyone watch Simsboo? 7k subscribers and 700-900 views on anything that isn't the first clickbait episode of Growing Together. When will people learn? Subscribers literally mean nothing. The important thing is engaged viewers and clickbaiting people into thinking you got pre-release content does not make people want to stick around. 🤦‍♀️

I like this one. Excellent suggestions!

Vixella would actually really suit her brown hair more than the fuchsia pink hair she has now but I’d bet it wouldn’t look this good and her hair (and creativity) is probably fried from all that dye she’s put on for the last several years. Personally her purple hair was my favorite but she can do what she wants.
30D87040-8F60-4FD6-9CB7-8418A2C0B8DD.png

Reactions: 2
kayla renovates her growing together build and this is the kitchen she chooses… just the exact same kitchen she has in every single build
3D406A68-DB4B-4AC5-A44E-02743F4D05A2.png

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Vixella would actually really suit her brown hair more than the fuchsia pink hair she has now but I’d bet it wouldn’t look this good and her hair (and creativity) is probably fried from all that dye she’s put on for the last several years. Personally her purple hair was my favorite but she can do what she wants.
View attachment 2041766
i dislike her pink hair. it doesn’t compliment her at all
---
kayla renovates her growing together build and this is the kitchen she chooses… just the exact same kitchen she has in every single buildView attachment 2041806

aaaand the exact same living space and bedroom?? literally look at any of her build videos and you’ll see rooms that look exactly like this
915E1A24-1D15-47D5-9FFA-055918F08620.png
619CEC95-0FA9-4402-AE5B-B58B84560711.png

i wasn’t kidding about the kitchen being the exact same as her other builds. every screenshot is from a different video

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
Where is James? Did he pop up on Deli’s video at all? I feel like he’s just disappeared from the internet 😂

• Haha
Thanks for the screenshot @jadepaula
I just can't deal with how she prioritised these columns in her entry way over more practical stuff. She said she reeeally wanted to use them but they're literally used outside on the porch? They look terrible inside imo, like they're meant to be outside, they take up so much room and they cost her money when she had a budget and couldn't even afford a dresser in the main bedroom. I don't watch a tonne of her stuff but personally I find her quite bad at layouts/space management in general, definitely prioritises the outside look/shape rather than practicality. To make a four bedroom house that barely fits a 2 seater couch and has a 'dining space' with the smallest table and 2 chairs is ridiculous.

1679271889298.png

Renovating her own build? This has to be the bottom of the barrel, right? This has to be peak laziness, RIGHT?
also, that's exactly what James did with his warewolves builds.

Reactions: 10
lol we’re hitting rock bottom in terms of content.

Thanks for the screenshot @jadepaula
I just can't deal with how she prioritised these columns in her entry way over more practical stuff. She said she reeeally wanted to use them but they're literally used outside on the porch? They look terrible inside imo, like they're meant to be outside, they take up so much room and they cost her money when she had a budget and couldn't even afford a dresser in the main bedroom. I don't watch a tonne of her stuff but personally I find her quite bad at layouts/space management in general, definitely prioritises the outside look/shape rather than practicality. To make a four bedroom house that barely fits a 2 seater couch and has a 'dining space' with the smallest table and 2 chairs is ridiculous.

View attachment 2041916

also, that's exactly what James did with his warewolves builds.
---
I totally agree. I feel like we’re all used to the sponsored ads for Hello fresh, those pre made smoothies, and those iPhone cases so those are pre-disclosed on video.

The way EA does it is confusing like they have the game changers pre release content and allegedly the YouTubers are not being compensated for that type of content.

But then you have the top Sims YouTubers who build for EA and also receive these codes. I feel like that “popular” group of sims YouTubers like Deligravy, Lilsimsie, James Turner, Plumbella, Vixella, DrGluon, EnglishSimmer, and Steph0Sims are all very cliquey and exclusive.

I forget which pack it was for (maybe High Schol years?) but smaller Sims YouTubers made the lots and these bigger Sims YouTubers didn’t even bother to learn their names/ who built the lots. This made it seem very ignorant and arrogant on the big Sims YouTubers especially they’re such an advantage with a larger platform.

Came on here to see what people would be saying about this. I think it’s a step too far and utterly bizarre on EA’s side. A creator code needs to come with a discount or incentive. I.e. use the creator code to get a game early. The tragic thing is people are going to use the code

Last edited:
That's why I asked if people liked 30 minute videos. All the ones I've come across are like this, 30 minutes of nothing and padding. 🤷‍♀️
I personally love longer videos. I kinda hate the short 15 minute ones. But that's bc when I watch, I want to binge and spend a few hours and super short videos just feel lacking for LPs. It does depend though, some people can make a short video really entertaining and others make long ones boring AF *COUGH DELI COUGH 😂

But I prefer longer ones, and I like the less edited ones. I don't care if your Sim is skilling up, if your commentary is good, it's fine. I've found some people don't know how to edit and it makes it really confusing and chaotic in a bad way. One of my old fave small channels started trying to edit like the big channels- like record for hours and condense it, and it was SO confusing bc they'd cut out something and two episodes later talk about it and you're sitting there like "wtf?" - so, I mean, I may hate most of the large channels, but props to them for editing cohesivley 😂

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.