Simon Thomas

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
anyone else find his endless media campaign and rounds of interviews irritating?

Speaking about grief and raising awareness of blood cancer = great

Making it all about you and using 30 words where one will do = not so much

• Angry
Reactions: 39
With his new womans shoes strewn across the floor where he lives with his 8 year old son. Annoys the tit out of me!!!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
Oh thank God I’m not the only one who found his family tragedy was more about him selling himself as a grief expert.

Not a fan.

Reactions: 41
I notice he wants a break from IG now he has finished promoting his new book :unsure:

Reactions: 16
The whole thing irritates the feck out of me, I have to turn him off if he comes on the TV now. When it happened I was obviously heartbroken for him and his little boy, but now its just about him, him, him plus him over sharing his sons most private grief related moments. I didn't know who his son was before this but now he's instantly recognisable to most of the country, I personally don't feel that's going to be helpful for him.

If he wants a role model in this arena he should look to Jeff Brazier. He shielded his kids away from the public spotlight as soon as it happened and allowed them to grieve and grow up in private. He gave brief updates on important days (mostly without photos to maintain their privacy) , and eventually when he found someone suitable to share their lives he did it so slowly and privately so that they were able to grow into a strong family unit without media spotlight and all that brings

Reactions: 137
Oh my, thank goodness for this thread.
I totally agree with you all, but felt I should actually voice it as it felt wrong.
I lost my own father when I was 6 and the thing that was most important was that we were given routine and “normal”. His poor son gets none of this, constantly pushed into the public eye to talk about something private and that he is trying to understand!

Reactions: 12
So glad it’s not just me!

He is clearly someone who knows how to use the media machine to his advantage, it’s just ironic that he is always cites his son as the reason for doing so much press but I can’t see how putting a camera in the face of a nine year old is good for a child personally.

Reactions: 8
Oh my! I was thinking the exact same thing the other day. I am so very sorry for what he and his son have gone through, and I would not wish it on my worse enemy, but now it feels like he is using it.

Unfortunately men and women are going through very similar situations every day and do not have the privilege to be able to dictate when they work etc.

I’m so glad it’s not just me who thinks this.

Reactions: 7
Does he have a new woman then? I didn't know that. I just felt that it was a bit odd that he left his presenting career to focus on his son, and has written a book instead. I thought he said it wasn't about money.

Reactions: 5
anyone else find his endless media campaign and rounds of interviews irritating?

Speaking about grief and raising awareness of blood cancer = great

Making it all about you and using 30 words where one will do = not so much
I know his plight has been sad but he’s becoming obsessive!

Reactions: 7
Hmm I need to look into this. I remember his blog posts when she first died and thought they were good. I think talking about grief is fine. Is he doing it a lot? I am not in the UK so pretty unaware. He has moved on quite fast and I hope his little boy is ok with that.

Reactions: 4
I agree with all of this, my heart breaks for the poor boy and it really is such a sad sad situation. I remember getting emotionally involved and feeling so sad each time he posted photos and stories and then a new partner appeared out of nowhere. Everyone is different I know but I couldn't even think about a new partner whilst being that heartbroken and bringing up a child on my own who'd lost a parent. It was so sudden I felt like I'd been mislead...

Reactions: 14
I agree with all of this, my heart breaks for the poor boy and it really is such a sad sad situation. I remember getting emotionally involved and feeling so sad each time he posted photos and stories and then a new partner appeared out of nowhere. Everyone is different I know but I couldn't even think about a new partner whilst being that heartbroken and bringing up a child on my own who'd lost a parent. It was so sudden I felt like I'd been mislead...
You think that is bad? Read about Freckled Fox blogger. Her husband died of cancer, left her with 5 kids, within EIGHT weeks of his death she had MARRIED someone else.

She and her new husband now won't allow her dead husband's parents to see the children, even though they gave her money, and if it wasn't for her dead husband she wouldn't have had all the luxuries/house she had. Her dead husband's family have begged her publically on social media for them to see the kids. The new husband is a freak that has exploited the situation.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 36