Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bellaboo83

VIP Member
The whole thing irritates the feck out of me, I have to turn him off if he comes on the TV now. When it happened I was obviously heartbroken for him and his little boy, but now its just about him, him, him plus him over sharing his sons most private grief related moments. I didn't know who his son was before this but now he's instantly recognisable to most of the country, I personally don't feel that's going to be helpful for him.

If he wants a role model in this arena he should look to Jeff Brazier. He shielded his kids away from the public spotlight as soon as it happened and allowed them to grieve and grow up in private. He gave brief updates on important days (mostly without photos to maintain their privacy) , and eventually when he found someone suitable to share their lives he did it so slowly and privately so that they were able to grow into a strong family unit without media spotlight and all that brings

Reactions: 137
Regular tattler here but wanted to create a new account just in case someone works out who I am...

I was at a wedding with him on Saturday (the one he posted about) - I'm friends with the bride. just a couple of points...

1 - he vaped INSIDE the church when we were waiting for the bride and he put on his aviator sunglasses on outside which was completely unneccessary (LOL!) - knob.
2 - he drinks and vapes like crazy - throughout the speeches he kept walking out?!
3 - he's hugely condescending to Derrina when she was having a fun time- who is absolutely very lovely, down-to-earth and a good fun gal
4 - his actual speaking voice is very different to how he talks on socials
5 - he was rude and stand offish
6 - and finally, he introduced himself as Simon Thomas and not Simon. who does that!?

All in all - tattlers you are absolutely spot on with him - not a pleasant guy. Derrina is lovely and very normal - he's the baddie in this.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 59

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
Oh thank God I’m not the only one who found his family tragedy was more about him selling himself as a grief expert.

Not a fan.

Reactions: 41
What an odious little narcissist of a man. You don’t get to dine out on your grief and write books and podcasts about being widowed, schooling the general public on how to handle death and loss. Only to erase your dead wife from the narrative and claim you’re no longer a widow because you found a new bride.

Gemma existed Simon. Have a bit of respect, if not for her then for your poor son who you’ve never protected from the media spotlight and who’s mother is still dead and is still his mother.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40

Sparklysocks

anyone else find his endless media campaign and rounds of interviews irritating?

Speaking about grief and raising awareness of blood cancer = great

Making it all about you and using 30 words where one will do = not so much

• Angry
Reactions: 39

bosstwat

With his new womans shoes strewn across the floor where he lives with his 8 year old son. Annoys the shit out of me!!!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 38

bubbletea123

VIP Member
I agree with all of this, my heart breaks for the poor boy and it really is such a sad sad situation. I remember getting emotionally involved and feeling so sad each time he posted photos and stories and then a new partner appeared out of nowhere. Everyone is different I know but I couldn't even think about a new partner whilst being that heartbroken and bringing up a child on my own who'd lost a parent. It was so sudden I felt like I'd been mislead...
You think that is bad? Read about Freckled Fox blogger. Her husband died of cancer, left her with 5 kids, within EIGHT weeks of his death she had MARRIED someone else.

She and her new husband now won't allow her dead husband's parents to see the children, even though they gave her money, and if it wasn't for her dead husband she wouldn't have had all the luxuries/house she had. Her dead husband's family have begged her publically on social media for them to see the kids. The new husband is a freak that has exploited the situation.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 36

Miffy29

VIP Member
He was on Pointless Celebrities tonight. When asked what charity he was playing for he said "Grief encounter because my son lost his mum". Why not say I lost my wife?! I found that a bit disrespectful tbh 😐

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 35

Dogleggedhat

VIP Member
‘So much of the boy he is now is due to D’s unconditional love’ just seems like another kick in the teeth to Gemma and her family. Disgusting man.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

TapToBoreMeRigid

VIP Member
At 19 my partner died...he was also 19. My life stopped for 6 years after that. I found my now husband by accident and I struggled for the first few years with guilt about moving on. I made it clear from the outset that my late partner would always be spoken about and his ashes would always come with me to wherever we live. My husband obviously has moments of wondering "would she choose me if ____ miraculously came back to life?". It's human. Ultimately he knows he isn't a replacement. He is my second chance and he knows that the woman he loves today exists partly because of the man she loved before him.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Dogleggedhat

VIP Member
This makes me really uncomfortable.. why would you need to photograph a moment like this when your son is upset
View attachment 557525
what sort of sick fucker thinks that this is an appropriate time to whip out the camera and take photos for Instagram? Support Your child ffs. My heart breaks for that little boy because Simon just uses him as a trophy. I hope he has a good relationship with Derrina and Gemmas family as his dad is an absolute dick.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

Lifeis4living

You think that is bad? Read about Freckled Fox blogger. Her husband died of cancer, left her with 5 kids, within EIGHT weeks of his death she had MARRIED someone else.

She and her new husband now won't allow her dead husband's parents to see the children, even though they gave her money, and if it wasn't for her dead husband she wouldn't have had all the luxuries/house she had. Her dead husband's family have begged her publically on social media for them to see the kids. The new husband is a freak that has exploited the situation.
I followed him when it first happened. What they went through was awful and respected him for giving up work to spend more time with his son but my opinion changed when within (what a year or so?) had announced a girlfriend and wrote a book (or started one). If he had time to do those things he was not focusing on his son who lost his mum. I'm not saying people shouldn't find happiness again but don't try and make out you're dad of the year when you are not

My sister passed away in December 4th 2015, left my 19 year old niece who didn't live at home and had just had a baby and 15 year old nephew who did live at home (this was her 2nd marriage so her husband wasn't the father of the kids) and by mid January he had moved some slapper (we knew the woman) into my sisters house with him. He even went to the pub with my dad shook his hand and told him that nothing was going on with this other woman and within 10 days of this she had moved in and was decorating.
We got none of my sisters things as they both threw then out.

• Sad
  • Wow

Meringue22

VIP Member
He was seeing someone new before it had been even a year since losing his wife. I know there's no time limit for when you start dating again but he was still playing the grieving widower. Also as a strict Christian, he never slept with his wife until they married. Wonder if it's the same with his new bird?
I’d haunt my husband if he moved on too quickly

• Haha

TeaLover49

I was married for almost 19 years to my late husband. He died suddenly in front of me and my daughter, who was 14 at the time. It was a massive shock. My daughter was so close to her dad; he would call her his shadow as she was always with him. I couldn't grieve because I was so worried for her and her wellbeing.
My husband was a widower himself and would say to me he would hate for me to be alone for the rest of my life as I have a lot of love to give. He found love with me so said if I met someone, he wouldn't have a problem.
I never, ever thought I would ever find love again, until 16 months later when I started a new job and me and my boss got on really well (it's a long, long story).
We've now been together almost 7 years next month.
But.............
I have terminal cancer. Was diagnosed with stage 4 bowel cancer which spread to my lungs and now has spread to my pelvis. I've been told I have months to live. I'm 49 and in a care home because I need care and support.
It breaks my heart because I won't be an elderly mum to my daughter. I fear missing her settling down, having children, living a good life.
It breaks my heart that me and boyfriend won't grow old together.
Daughter and me have spoken about my death. I just want her prepared for the worst. Unlike her dad, at least I know I will die at some point, so won't be such a shock to get the way her dad died.
Boyfriend has taken it hard as we both worked in security and saw how fit and active I was. Now I need a zimmer frame and wheelchair to get around.
But I try to remain positive, especially as care home is on lock down so I haven't seen them since March. I want to be alive when things get back to 'normal'.
But I feel this Simon fella exploits his poor son.

Sorry for long post.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31

Clapster1

Chatty Member
Why does he always come across so defensive and just horrible?!

View attachment 802148
Let's be honest here; if he hadn't lost his first wife in such terrible circumstances and made himself the voice of all grieving widows everywhere The Times wouldn't have any interest in interviewing him. You can't take the job and accept the paycheck and then complain that actually that's not you.

Reactions: 31

QuirkyFlamingo

VIP Member
Firstly, I genuinely hope that Derrina and baby are Ok, although this doesn’t look good.
But who on earth takes a selfie like this? This is next level, even for Slime-on. Derrina looks terrified and he’s posing for the camera? And then to post it publicly for attention? It’s sick.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 30

Ladyloulou35

I think men move on far quickly than women. I lost my husband three years ago and cannot imagine dating, in fact apart from work I am a hermit lol. I lost my mum around the same time so bought my dad to live with me so he had some company, mainly from the dog as I am at work, especially now as I am in pharmacy working all the hours god sends and a few more on top of that. Saying that my hubby and I used to joke about what happened if one or the other died, he would have moved someone else in by teatime 😂😂😂 he could not entertain himself at all, I was his entertainment! Where as I make my own jewellery, beadweaving do it can take 2 or three weeks for a piece, I read, waste far too much time on the internet, tv, walk the dog and loads more I am never bored. my son would like me to meet someone but I can still not bear the thought of it, he was my soulmate and I just cannot imagine ever replacing him. So when you see these tv men quickly moving on , yes Rio I am thinking about you too I always think that basically they want someone to look after their kids and to entertain them. Also payment from mag spreads will come in handy, I doubt anyone would pay me for a photo shot if I went on a date with Wayne from Iceland 😂😂😂

• Heart
  • Sad

Hbirdette

VIP Member
This makes me really uncomfortable.. why would you need to photograph a moment like this when your son is upset
C489DBEE-ACE9-4AA6-9808-7354C8D62DFD.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad

SingSong

VIP Member
I have read the whole thread, it doesn’t make for very appealing reading especially those people who wished infertility on the couple. Whatever your thoughts are on living and loving after death, I knew Gemma since she was 12 & I know she would be appalled reading such vile comments. She also never, ever would of wanted her husband & son to suffer or would never of said that about another woman. I won’t speak on behalf of the family but Simon has consistently put Ethan above many, many things including his career 5 years ago, losing job opportunities to ensure he was looking after him & the only way that can be judged is by how well balanced a little boy Ethan is & how well he’s doing at school, at church & with their family & friends (in real life, not on social media).
Is that you Simon?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29

QuirkyFlamingo

VIP Member
The new awareness campaign for Bloodwise - great. But using your child, and recording him talking about the death of his mum (clearly scripted and rehearsed), is shocking. And having him do it in the car, just before he has to walk into school? I haven’t even got the words for that.
He’s a grieving child, not a performing seal. 😡

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29