Sidehustles? Pocket money? Extra cash?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just wondering if any of you lot do something to bring in some extra money on top of your day jobs?

I see a lot of ambitious people embarking on schemes that can't really work (MLMs etc), pouring time and investing money in things which don't seem to pay for themselves, and other unrealistic things I can't imagine doing or working well.

What works for you? Do you have a talent you put to work? Have you found a gap in the market for your thing?

I'm especially interested in what people do that fits around a job, kids, life, etc but do share the interesting ways you bring money in or things you've tried that definitely DON'T work! 🤣

Reactions: 1
Ive tried Bodyshop at home and the FM perfumes.
I took both of them up in November time (one last year and one the year before) - made a little bit of cash for xmas (the bodyshop was great for incentives - and i gave a few away as xmas pressies) but come January it all dries up, you don't make enough sales so they give you the chop!!

So, I work in tech full-time but get flexi-time/compressed hours.

I have done "freelance" work before. I developed websites for a flat-fee (no subscription support unless the fix is for something I done wrong. Ie I am not maintaining it), I have tested applications, I have done mini-competitions.

Freelance work... was okay but hard to get something worthwhile. I tried Fiver but it is so dull and you get little bitty work that isn't worth the effort of putting on your self-assessment so I sacked off Fiver.
Everyone is freelance these days and I can't really compete anymore especially as I want to do something other than just "designing a website".

I am also a passionate writer. I sell ebooks I write (under a pen name, not real name) on Amazon. I sell exclusively with Amazon so I get 70% in royalties.

That being said... I earn around £200 per month post tax on a good month. I don't have the time to be marketing 24/7 and the golden ratio for the algorithm is publishing books every 60 days :oops: so it is just something I do on the side to top up my ISA. Sometimes I get £0 a month so please don't look at 70% royalties and think I am a millionaire :ROFLMAO:

I don't have children but can see how these would fit around them since I can do them whenever I want, how much I want.

With ebooks I write stories, but you can do self-help, poems, anything really. If you hit the right niche at the right time you can make BIG money. It's few and far between though.

Reactions: 6
@urghwhy thanks so much for such a thoughtful and detailed response!

Such a good point about marketing- so important but so time-consuming!

No problemo :)

Yes, it is the hardest bit.. You have to be consistent as well and sometimes I just come home from work and go to bed with the TV on :ROFLMAO:

If you are good & fast at typing you can sign up to do audio typing online through various companies. You get sent an audio file and have to type it out word for word and sent it back within an allocated time. It’s easy money if you have the time and have a good typing speed & accuracy.

Reactions: 6
If you are good & fast at typing you can sign up to do audio typing online through various companies. You get sent an audio file and have to type it out word for word and sent it back within an allocated time. It’s easy money if you have the time and have a good typing speed & accuracy.
Any specific sites for finding jobs like these? Seem few and far between but maybe I’m not looking in the right place 😘

Reactions: 2
I own a spray tan business, I do sprays tans in people’s homes. Expensive for the kit & training but afterwards you’re your own boss & nobody takes a cut.

Reactions: 3
I sell womens clothing on Ebay, mainly bought in job lots and from summer boot sales, and do really well from it.

A friend does this- scours charity shops for high end/ designer clothing and sells them on for a profit on eBay. She makes quite a bit but it’s very time consuming
I've been doing it for years now and am very quick at sourcing stock and knowing what sells. Overall I don't spend very much time at all doing this each month but have a good monthly income from it.

I've been doing it for years now and am very quick at sourcing stock and knowing what sells. Overall I don't spend very much time at all doing this each month but have a good monthly income from it.
Have you tired Vinted? No sellers fees!

Reactions: 2
I do webcamming if anyone has any questions 😬😬 also done matched betting in the past which I highly recommend

Reactions: 3
I sell on Ebay and do well from it. I'm going back to 'work' next September and hoping to carry it on alongside.