sick pay

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m coming on here to ask for advice really for a family member.
Basically a family member of mine had took a turn in 2018 with her mental health and was assigned to sign on to sick pay. She had her last meeting with her coach at the job centre last March, now all of sudden they want her to send a sick note and etc what does this mean? Does this mean her payments will be stopped or is this just a review?
Any advice would be really helpful please!

As far as I’m aware from a family member with a similar situation they need to prove they aren’t fit for work with a sick note from the go. Likely the old one had a time period or perhaps they think they are ready for work now. They need proof from a medical professional that They are unable to do any type of work. My family member was not given a new note as the gp believed they were fit to work, maybe not their original occupation but a job none the less. They were knocked of the sick and had to sign up for UC and look for a job. It’s essential a review of their claim to see if they’re eligible and if they aren’t payments will be stopped ASAP

Reactions: 1