Should I start a blog?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okay okay so hear me out!

I had a blog once before and I really enjoyed doing it, I got to about 1,500 followers before I started stressing that I needed to start a YouTube channel or that I was just embarrassing myself etc.

I have a longgg history of anxiety, depression, and PTSD after a domestic violence and sexual assault situation with my scumbag of an ex so used to write about what I’d learned, managing emotions and experiences to try and help others going through something similar.

I’m seriously thinking about starting it up again but I just can’t stand the thought of being an “influencer” as I actually enjoy the writing and trying to help others.

Soo I thought who better to ask than my fellow tattlers! Do you think blogs are dead? If not, do you think there’s actually an audience for this kind of thing still or do you think you need to have a very specific niche to reach anyone these days?

I guess it would be a “lifestyle” blog with recipes and things which helped me with my anxiety (low sugar and balanced, easy meals when I couldn’t look after myself properly for example!)

Thanks in advance 😊

I do think blogs are dead, I don't think many people read them any more, especially smaller, lesser known ones.

However, if you love to write and it's something you think you'll enjoy doing in your spare time then why the hell not? And if people find you and enjoy your blog then go for it :D

Reactions: 5
I’m seriously thinking about starting it up again but I just can’t stand the thought of being an “influencer” as I actually enjoy the writing and trying to help others.
millions and millions of people write blogs, especially MH blogs and get little or no interaction, no offence but I doubt you’re gonna be the next zoella overnight, you probably don’t need to worry about the stresses of being an influencer and influencer burn out just yet 😉
do it because you enjoy it, don’t start thinking you’re gonna be an overnight sensation though.

but one or two people might read it and enjoy it 🤷‍♀️
But even if it’s just you reading it.
That’s enough 🤗

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I love blogs and wish there were more out there that I enjoy reading, haven’t come across one in ages!

Reactions: 1
I think if you enjoy writing about it thats the main thing and any followers and success will be an added bonus - I read a couple of blogs but not regularly. Good luck with it

Reactions: 2
There's no harm in giving it a go.
I don't think being a blogger = being an influencer.
I had a blog I started a few years ago after I lost my son and it helped me just to be able to get my thoughts down. Nobody read it, but it was a more personal thing for me. But it helped a lot to have the outlet. I've actually been finding things hard again and I have considered writing a little again as I don't have anyone to talk to.

I've read a few blogs I relate to but I dont really keep up with any regularly, but there's definitely still the audience out there.

Reactions: 4
If you want to do it and have enjoyed the writing part when u did it previously do it , do it for your self . if people find it and read it and enjoy it bonus.

Good luck 🥰😁

If you want to do it and have enjoyed the writing part when u did it previously do it , do it for your self . if people find it and read it and enjoy it bonus.

Good luck 🥰😁
this is what I was going to say, you shouldn’t be starting or writing a blog for anyone else so don’t worry who reads or if it blows up or doesn’t. That’s when blogs become inauthentic when you write them solely for other people.

If you want to start one then atart

Perhaps a compromise is to create a medium.com account? Write on there. At least for a bit, see how you feel about writing.

Blogs aren't dead but they're not what they used to be. I see more people using insta as a blog nowadays too.

I think blogs alone are kind of dead but I follow a few accounts on Instagram that write about the type of things you used to and some of them have blogs too. They’ll post excerpts on insta (alongside other stuff) then link to the full blog posts. Could be an idea? The Instagram account could be anonymous, that would reduce your chances of becoming an influencer

There’s definitely an audience for this type of thing, worth trying, you have nothing to lose!

If you have a passion for writing and it’s what you enjoy then go for it! You have nothing to loose 🙌🏻

I used WordPress for a while then got my own domain and website but I no longer blog as people simply weren’t reading it. But that’s not to stop you! It could be I just wasn’t posting enough or content people wanted to read.

Good luck ☘

I'm thinking of writing a blog for my own benefit, I have a lot of memories across some very niche subjects and a couple of friends have said to go for it. The only trouble is that I don't know where to start (which sites to use, costs etc). Does anyone have any pointers?

I'm thinking of writing a blog for my own benefit, I have a lot of memories across some very niche subjects and a couple of friends have said to go for it. The only trouble is that I don't know where to start (which sites to use, costs etc). Does anyone have any pointers?
If you're just doing it for you then you could use a free platform like Medium or Substack!

Blogger? It's probably the easiest platform I've ever used. As long as you don't envisage wanting to turn it into an all singing, all dancing super whizzy thing, Blogger is great and free (or you could buy a domain cheaply and link it up).