Shoestring Renovation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has she worked it out right? My pay was between £600 and £700 per month when it went to statutory depending on how many weeks were in the month.

Reactions: 1
She would benefit from being a little more sociable and stop worrying about money. I remember at one point she wouldn’t go out for food or drinks as she couldn’t bare to spend and then there was the £30 budget at Aldi. Why struggle when you don’t need to?

Reactions: 4
I think she obsesses so much as shes an emotional shopper so probably concerned she splash it all immediately and get herself in debt again. I sympathise with her on that but she could be more self aware that many many people have lost their jobs, income streams etc over the last 2 years. She’s got a position she loves, sensible hours, money in the bank, a partner working, other income streams including getting her partner to make furniture etc etc etc. Hopefully she can see she’s actually in a very privileged position and that her £700 spare money is more than some people earn in a month.

Reactions: 12
She knows there will be ads and she may get paid for baby ads (or maybe she won't) so sharing her savings, and us knowing there will be top ups from Instagram adverts , isn't relatable to many people who follow her .

Reactions: 5
The hand wringing about money is unnecessary. She needs to take a step back and actually look at how fortunate they are. Me and H don’t have £100 spare each month to save or spend and we both work full time, let alone £700.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
When she was talking through her finances the other night. I just thought shut the F up, honestly I would love to be in that position and be fortunate enough to have £700 to spend on myself.

I work in London and majority of women where I work are back to work full time after 6 months as they can’t afford to be on statutory mat leave.

Shes a lot better off then majority of people in this country, should count herself very lucky.

Also I have been in debt and it took me 10 years to pay it off, I’ve only just managed to start saving. I found her to try and get tips to save, pay of debt. I imagine like many others. But once the ad started (I don’t blame her for doing them an income is an income) she sort of became un relatable as most people don’t get that opportunity.

Sorry just had to rant 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Stat mat pay is absolutely crippling. To have £700 to herself and baby each month is amazing! I said before when I went to stat my take home was approx £700 and I earn about the same as her, but I'm not in London) but that wasn't mine to spend on baby sensory classes (which are about £7 - youll be fine)

And she said they will have £700 each - not just her and lets not forget the 10k savings and £500 a month savings . I think it is greed plain and simple greed

I don’t think you can call it greed. They work at the end of the day, they earn their money and she trained for a long time to earn that money. It is a humble brag on her part and completely tone deaf given the position a lot of women find themselves in when trying to start a family.

Reactions: 16
She’s having a nervous breakdown over having £700 a month to play with.. She needs to be quiet and keep that to herself. Some of her followings will have £0 after their bills are paid.

And before it’s classed as jealously I’m able to save a good amount myself, I just think it’s ridiculous to panic about on Instagram in a time where people are struggling so badly after the effects of the pandemic.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
There is being open and transparent, then there is oversharing when it’s not necessary and being tone death… this falls into the latter.
I’ve never felt the need to ask any of my friends or colleagues their incomes or how they will manage on Mat leave and I don’t feel she needed to overshare to this degree! 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I don’t think you can call it greed. They work at the end of the day, they earn their money and she trained for a long time to earn that money. It is a humble brag on her part and completely tone deaf given the position a lot of women find themselves in when trying to start a family.
You are right . I think i meant it is greed in the way that she wants more ( if that makes sense ) by doing adverts

Reactions: 2
I'll tell her this for free.... Your shopping budget needs to increase once the baby is weaned. Toddlers eat you out of house and home. Whack another £70 onto that £30 hun

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I really, really hope she’s not going to share the baby all over social media and start using him/her for money like all these other influencers.

She just can’t stop moaning. She should just stop talking about money full stop because it’s boring and making her look bad. I don’t know how he sticks living with her listening to her moaning everyday about every single thing

They are saving £1000 a month between them + she has £700 to play with + his play about money. They can afford it.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.