Shoestring Renovation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This isn’t Elles thread.
Yes, I am aware of that but she was mentioned in a post that you responded to and I was confused by Coffee-Addict's response. Simple mistake and all clarified now.

Not sure why you're making an issue about it to be honest 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Sorry, I didn't mean to derail, I was just curious as to why Jodie said (in her insta stories) that she tried to make an account to "defend" herself and was blocked.
I am confused too about why Jodi said she had been on here , and then laughed about it being a place to voice opinions , but she said she couldnt air hers . If she was blocked ( which i doubt ) then she was abusive to someone because the MODS dont block someone for the hell of it .

I am confused too about why Jodi said she had been on here , and then laughed about it being a place to voice opinions , but she said she couldnt air hers . If she was blocked ( which i doubt ) then she was abusive to someone because the MODS dont block someone for the hell of it .
I took her to mean that she’d been blocked from making an account, although also still I don’t know why that would be the case

I took her to mean that she’d been blocked from making an account, although also still I don’t know why that would be the case
But if she meant why she had been blocked from making the account why would she smirk and say “ so not all opinions are welcome them “ ? She is so confusing sometimes

They’ve both been saving £500 a month each.. She could live on that during her maternity if she needed or am I being dumb?

8D0C9E8C-FF15-4670-ABF2-21BEBC47633F.png

What the hell is she worried about? 🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Her mat pay she says is £1.2k a month - and he will have a full time wage . What the hell is she moaning about

Reactions: 11
£700 per month as personal spent whilst on Mat leave 😳😳😳😳 and she’s worried?!

Most people don’t have that with no kids working full time. In a bid to try and remain ‘shoestring’ she’s made herself look silly.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Her mat pay she says is £1.2k a month - and he will have a full time wage . What the hell is she moaning about
I’m currently on maternity leave and that’s not far off my pre-mat pay wage!! £700 personal spending is a lot of money per month!! She really is quite out of touch with most people’s reality!

Reactions: 9
Is it a London thing or is she deluded?!
Honestly I'm baffled now as too why she's money concerned? £700 for personal spends each month?!
Most families are lucky to have £70 pcm left over in the current climate & it wouldn't be personal cash it would be for the family and would I expect get spent on any children's treats.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I do like Jodie most of the time but JEZ! I'm newly expecting and newly self-employed and just hoping I can get maternity allowance (been saving like mad in case I don't). They have £9k of savings, she will have NHS maternity pay, and his full salary (I think she said he makes more than her). Sounds like she just has anxiety about money/spending rather than being 'shoestring'... not relatable at all

Reactions: 12
£700 a month to spend as you wish is a luxury for so many people.. add in Terry’s ‘personal spend’ and they’re very comfortable, not to mentioned the savings. She’s lost the plot.

Reactions: 12
I genuinely do like Jodie but I truly am baffled by her stressing so much over her finances when she is more comfortable than a lot of soon to be first time Mums!

Reactions: 8
£700 a month to spend as you wish is a luxury for so many people.. add in Terry’s ‘personal spend’ and they’re very comfortable, not to mentioned the savings. She’s lost the plot.
£700 a month is an income for so many people right now - who have lost their jobs since pandemic , people who are on benefits live on a damn site less .

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I genuinely do like Jodie but I truly am baffled by her stressing so much over her finances when she is more comfortable than a lot of soon to be first time Mums!
Yes I'm the same. I can only dream about having that amount of savings in the bank. I would love a second child but we would really struggle to cope financially if I was on maternity and there after if I had to drop hours. I know she likes to be transparent but I don't see the value in sharing this when she has £9k savings in the bank!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.