Shingles Question

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My daughter has come out with what looks like shingles in the last 2 days. My son had it at the same age and my brother did too, very strange. She’s 15. She is due to return to school on Monday. I’m going to do an online GP consultation with photos and hopefully he will contact me later that day.

She has a sensitive tingly skin pain all over her left hip in a line and a blister type rash along it too. No fever but she’s had a headache and tummy ache for a few days. She’s eating fine.

My question is can she go to school? I remember my son had a week off as he was quite unwell and he was due his year 10 vaccinations the same month but my doctor advised waiting a while.

Is her immune system low if she has shingles? In the current climate I’m a bit concerned about sending her back if she is run down. She eats well and takes her vitamins but she has been quite stressed about returning to school recently, so I’m guessing that’s the trigger if it is shingles.

I had shingles recently spoke to my occupational health dept and as long as I felt well and the area of shingles was covered I was ok to work , maybe best speak to the gp though .

Reactions: 1
I had shingles recently spoke to my occupational health dept and as long as I felt well and the area of shingles was covered I was ok to work , maybe best speak to the gp though .
Ok thank you. I’ve done an econsult online with our GP so I’ll keep her home Monday just to be sure. Her best friend hasn’t had chicken pox so best to be safe.

I had shingles when I was in college and was told to stay off as a precaution

I think there is something about keeping people with shingles away from pregnant women...I think you are supposed to notify school so that they can advise any relevant staff... not 100% on that. GP will probably advise.

Reactions: 2
I think there is something about keeping people with shingles away from pregnant women...I think you are supposed to notify school so that they can advise any relevant staff... not 100% on that. GP will probably advise.
Yes, it’s dangerous if a pregnant woman catches chicken pox from someone with shingles. I’m going to call school Monday once she’s been diagnosed. Thank you.