Sharing Personal YouTube account on Tattle ... Prohibited?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Gemma_NYC

VIP Member
Apparently, I can't have a YouTube channel with snippets of influenza vids and share it here. A mod just posted a warning to the following effect. However, you literally cannot add videos via this platform (given mp4 file size).

Unless I'm missing something. Where should we host mp4s? What 3rd party site do you recommend?

Does a mod care to confirm? ;)

Gemma_NYC, 3 minutes ago, you were given the following warning: Please upload your videos here, the keep it on tattle rule is to keep us out of any grey areas in harassment

Complaning about moderation on a main thread is strictly against the rules as it disrupts, please read all of our rules. You can post in form biz or email admin if you wish to complain. This warning has been given to you for violating the rules of Tattle Life.

Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 3.17.15 PM.png

Last edited:

Promoting your own channel that targets someone is not allowed, we have so much trouble with accounts that quickly get into bad territory and gained all their attention from tattle so reflects badly.

You can upload videos here just fine, especially short ones. Otherwise use an app to compress to less than 16mb.

YouTube accounts that have done this before get zapped just like that leave holes in threads so it's way to better to upload here.

Apparently, I can't have a YouTube channel with Lydiot vids and share it here. A mod just posted a warning to the following effect. However, you literally cannot add videos via this platform. Unless I'm missing something.
Edit I think you've just edited your post so think you've managed to upload videos here? If they're 1080p you can only have 15 seconds or so, but reducing the quality you can have several minutes of video.

Gemma_NYC

VIP Member
Can you share a wiki on mp4 uploads? Where precisely? What menu item?

Given I have tried to upload 20-sec videos and am unable to do so (and I'm incredibly tech-savvy).

I simply need a 3rd party platform to host the videos at this point. I don't care to promote a channel –– as that was not my intent.

Note: This is the only option on your platform to upload videos and it says YouTube is approved. Very misleading, especially if a Tattle user is merely using YouTube as a hosting platform.

FireShot Capture 2624 - Lydia Millen #92 Cor blimey, it doesn_ - https___tattle.life_threads_l...png

Edit I think you've just edited your post so think you've managed to upload videos here? If they're 1080p you can only have 15 seconds or so, but reducing the quality you can have several minutes of video.
Yes, you can Edit a post, but I cannot upload an mp4, per my initial message above. No. I have not managed to upload videos here (directly), hence hosting them on a third-party platform (i.e. YouTube), in which I received a warning. I generally compress due to file size as well and video clips are often shorter than 20 sec.

One simple question:

What menu item button should I use?

It looks as though another Mod did in fact reupload the video(s). I am still unable to do so at this point.

You can close this thread out, as I'll use Amazon S3 in the future. ;)

Last edited:

Yel

VIP Member
I wouldn't take it personally if someone's reported a post as self promotion. Warning was just a FYI as no one gets banned over minor things like this. It does get awfully messy when a handful of people are promoting their own accounts on a thread.

I think the point is just because you can embed from YouTube it doesn't mean it overwrites the no self promotion and keep it on tattle rules.

I set to medium quality and files are usually small enough to upload. Far better to upload to the wiki as they won't be taken down - the wiki was created to collate media. Use the attach button. Here's a minute of Avril Lavigne's hello kitty!
View attachment YouCut_20210610_203143189.mp4

Gemma_NYC

VIP Member
Thanks @Yel. Much appreciated re: the detailed explanation and direct answer.

As you can see, I merely needed a 3rd party hosting platform given I was unable to upload videos. Thanks for adjusting the settings.

Also, can we reassess/remove the warning, given the video was uploaded to YT for hosting reasons –– it clearly wasn't to "promote a YouTube channel." :LOL:

And P.s. I was not (and did not) create a post promoting a YouTube channel. Lol The issue apparently was the fact that I hosted videos there to view here. I have no idea where this (see below) came from. ;)

Promoting your own channel that targets someone is not allowed, we have so much trouble with accounts that quickly get into bad territory and gained all their attention from tattle so reflects badly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yel

The Big One

Well the only thing I could understand on that track was "kitty" !!!! Music isn't as good as it used to be ...... not sure I understand this embedding thing (!). Can I link to a YT track here ?

Yel

VIP Member
@The Big One maybe you need the whole video? 😝

It's what happens when a once popular pop star can only sell in Japan, thus ends up being called racist by the few remaining western fans by the somewhat poorly judged pandering 😂

Yep post any YouTube and it should embed

The Big One

@The Big One maybe you need the whole video? 😝

It's what happens when a once popular pop star can only sell in Japan, thus ends up being called racist by the few remaining western fans by the somewhat poorly judged pandering 😂
A minute was as much as I could take .. and had to force myself to sit here !! (n)

Which pop star can only sell in Japan? I don't know about record sales, but know Sir Cliff's concerts are always a sell-out in the UK !

AdBlock Detected

Please disable your adblocker to use tattle

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks