Shaping swimsuit

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello!

I’ve just bought my first ever shaping swimsuit. I love it! It’s royal blue, low cut V top, however it’s obviously tighter around the stomach and waist to give the shaping effect. I’m a size 14.

My mother in law (fat phobic, size 6) has told me I’ll be uncomfortable in it on holiday because it’s tight on the stomach and I’ll find it suffocating. What I find suffocating is the body weight comments from her which was the reason for covering myself in a swimsuit in the first place 😂

I just wanted to ask those other women that have them, should they be tight? Do you find them uncomfortable when it’s very hot? I would like to keep the swimsuit, it makes me feel good but I’m now worried I’ll find it too uncomfortable!

Thank you 🩱 xxx

Reactions: 1
I have several of these and once you have got into them they are fine, they are a faff to get into and pulled up, but once on and everything is in place they are not uncomfortable or restricting at all. Because of the shaping element they do take longer to dry so if you've been for a swim in the sea or pool they will take longer to dry when you resume sunbathing, if you then need the loo they are even more of a faff to pull back up if they are still damp from your dip! This year I treated myself to a tankini version of shaping swim wear and you would never know it was a 2 piece but just having to pull down the bottoms in a toilet cubicle was a game changer.

Reactions: 3
That’s such a good idea! I actually thought about this, I can see myself getting in to a tizz when my costume is damp and difficult to get on and off! Bad enough without it being damp 😂 I might look at the tankini now, thank you xx

Reactions: 2
That’s such a good idea! I actually thought about this, I can see myself getting in to a tizz when my costume is damp and difficult to get on and off! Bad enough without it being damp 😂 I might look at the tankini now, thank you xx
glad to be of help especially as it's taken me about 10 years to work out myself.

Reactions: 1