Shampoo & Conditioner advice..

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all,
Thoughts on Redken and Kérstase? Which is better?
I have dry hair which can look dull. I also suffer with Seborrheic Dermatitis on my scalp so ideally need something sulphate/paraffin free.
Any other recommendations would be greatly received. (I live in the uk).
Thanks in advance

Reactions: 1
I suffer with the same condition and I found nizarolshapoo I get it prescribed but you can get a lower percentage from Tesco but use it a few times don’t expect results straight away and wash your hair twice when using it , also a light weight conditioner ( simple conditioner ) and I use Paul Mitchell super skinny serum it’s made my dull hair looks really shiny and healthy

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I prefer Kerastase to Redken as the products suit my hair better, Redken makes me itch.

I use the As I Am itchy scalp shampoo and find it amazing, really keeps my scalp clear. I don’t have issues with conditioner as I keep it away from my scalp, but as I have dry hair I need a very moisturising conditioner so use Matrix hydrasource.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I have similar hair concerns. I’d go for Kerastase over Redken from past experience.
As above, Nizoral is available on Amazon prime too and as a weekly treatment keeps my scalp calmer.
Also had success with Body Shop Ginger shampoo and Superdrug Trichology shampoo when my budget has changed.
I tend to use the shampoo to treat my scalp and then a different conditioner just through the lengths to add back softness/manageability followed by kerastase elixir ultime, Revlon Uniq one leave in spray or Palmers coconut leave in spray for visible shine/condition.

• Heart
My husband gets a lot of spots on his scalp so I started buying him the ginger shampoo from body shop and he says it's helped him. A more budget option that the brands you've mentioned but potentially worth trying.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hi all,
Thoughts on Redken and Kérstase? Which is better?
I have dry hair which can look dull. I also suffer with Seborrheic Dermatitis on my scalp so ideally need something sulphate/paraffin free.
Any other recommendations would be greatly received. (I live in the uk).
Thanks in advance
I would take a look at Ameliorate for scalp care & Kevin Murphy - Hydrate.Me
they are most definitely ‘luxury’ but in my opinion worth every penny, I use these brands daily in my clients.

• Heart
As with another poster I would recommend ginger shampoo from the body shop. I also have suffered with seborrheic dermatitis in the past, and it’s the only thing I’ve found I can use daily and keeps it at bay. I’ve been using it for about 20 years and it has never let me down.

• Heart
So unless a shampoo really affects you badly it can be up to 3 months to see the real results so just keep that in mind when you make a change. THis ofcourse it means it can be a long and somewhat expensive process to get it right.

Personally I love Kerstase and I use Specifique Dermo-Calm Bain Vital Shampoo. I have to be honest, and this might sound like an exaggeration, but I saw a massive improvement from the first time I used it.

• Heart
I find my hair gets used to things after a few months anyways so you could try both....

In kerastase I would recommend the fluid discipline (pink and rose gold bottle)

And all soft by redken!

• Heart
So unless a shampoo really affects you badly it can be up to 3 months to see the real results so just keep that in mind when you make a change. THis ofcourse it means it can be a long and somewhat expensive process to get it right.

Personally I love Kerstase and I use Specifique Dermo-Calm Bain Vital Shampoo. I have to be honest, and this might sound like an exaggeration, but I saw a massive improvement from the first time I used it.
Sorry to butt in haha- do you use a conditioner too? I want to buy this but unsure what else!

Sorry to butt in haha- do you use a conditioner too? I want to buy this but unsure what else!
No, my hair is very soft already plut I find if I use conditioner it makes my hair more oily so I only use shampoo. But I imagine the conditioner works well with the shampoo as they are formulated together

No, my hair is very soft already plut I find if I use conditioner it makes my hair more oily so I only use shampoo. But I imagine the conditioner works well with the shampoo as they are formulated together
Thank you! :) I currently only use shampoo too but I’ll see how I get on and get some conditioner if needs be X

Redken irritates my dry scalp (not sure why) so I would say Kerastase! Haven’t used it in years though, I used to use the one in the white and orange bottle, can’t remember the name. What Kerastase shampoo/conditioner would people recommend for dry/coloured hair without making it weighed down?