Sex And The City And Just Like That...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Miranda and Samantha are my favourites. Kim plays the part so well she really, really made the show. I also sympathise with her in the fall out, sounds like she was treated badly and it would piss me off the amount SJP wants to play up the nice girl image when I can definitely imagine her being a bit catty and a bully.

Carries character is so annoying but I kinda like that she isn't perfect. My mum watched it when it first aired and she said it was so fresh at the time as women were not typically given those kind of roles - single, independent and enjoying careers and sex etc. Though I do agree a lot of the storylines now in hindsight are a bit ugh.

Charlotte is the worst for me. The episode when finding a husband is her new full time job and she's like "if you don't see me it's because I'll be spending time with my married friends" lol

Reactions: 8
Is there actually an official tour you can go on!? I tried to Google it and ended up on all sorts of dodgy scammy looking websites.

I'm planning to go to New York for my 30th (2.5 years away but its manifesting away in my head) and would love to do one!
There definitely was an official tour when I was there but that was nearly10 years ago now!! It went to Aiden’s bar, the New York public library, The Magnolia bakery - lots of other places I can’t even think of right now. They played scenes from the show on little mini tv screens on the coach in between each stop. It was so much fun! I can’t remember the name of the tour company though. Hopefully when you go it will still be there.
Edit to add: I’ve just remembered the name of the tour company - On location tours.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Just thought of some of the other guys Miranda dated. Like Will Arnett's character who liked to have sex in public places, then tried to carry on when his mum walked into the room. Also, the Weight Watchers guy who puts her off glazed Krispy Kreme doughnuts after eating her out too much.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
SATC is my go to comfort watch and I always watch it when I am having man problems.

Carrie is a crap friend and crap GF. The way she acted around Big at the beginning reminds me of a teenage girl not being able to control her emotions, and not that of a grown woman. Remember when she turned up at the church to spy on Big and his mum? Crazy!!

I love Big. So manly, sure of himself and hot! I don't think he treated her badly at all. He was upfront and honest when they got together.

I do love Aiden too but don't think he should have got back with Carrie the second time round.

As others say, I can definitely relate to Miranda now I'm older. Is it with Steve that they have sex and then she sets the alarm and says she has an early morning? I totally get that hahahaha.

The characters all have their own charm. I would have been interested to know more about their backgrounds and families but I read somewhere the producers did not want to take the focus off the friendships and dating.

I also thought it unrealistic how none of the girls ever get jealous of eachother's success.

Reactions: 13
I suppose Charlotte got jealous of Miranda when she got pregnant. And the Sheila moment in the first season!

Reactions: 5
Charlotte reminds me of one of my friends who had her life plan of at this age I will be married, I’ll have a kid then and then another one this year. As we get older we realise life doesn’t work like that although there is one that always clings to that (Charlotte). I think with Trey she wanted the marriage and baby and tried to force it but with Harry she actually stop looking and found it

I haven't watch SATC for years but I always lived samanth and Miranda. Carrie was a head. I lived Aiden but that's possibly more down to the fact I loved John Corbett from Northern Exposure

Reactions: 3
The storyline where Miranda got pregnant when Charlotte couldn't - I thought that was sad, and they handled it well. I remember feeling so much for Charlotte, watching half my Facebook have babies after losing my own.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I too was late to the SATC party, my mate liked it and I started watching S6 and then rented all of the other series on Lovefilm (I'm showing my age here!) Totally agree that Carrie was a selfish woman throughout. I kind of liked her and Berger though as they shared a sense of humour (the Hollywood kiss/the coconut in the fellow juror's briefcase.) Why did she keep screaming at Aidan's pet wild squirrel which lived in his country cabin?

Reactions: 9
I too was late to the SATC party, my mate liked it and I started watching S6 and then rented all of the other series on Lovefilm (I'm showing my age here!) Totally agree that Carrie was a selfish woman throughout. I kind of liked her and Berger though as they shared a sense of humour (the Hollywood kiss/the coconut in the fellow juror's briefcase.) Why did she keep screaming at Aidan's pet wild squirrel which lived in his country cabin?
You are not showing your age, I, on the other hand..... didn’t watch it until maternity leave 2009 on VHS 📼 😝😝😝😝

• Heart
  • Haha
I can remember passing my on my videos when I upgraded to the dvd collection, still have that little pink and black box 🥰. For all their faults and the films I still enjoy watching, got me through many early 20’s breakups!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I loved it and liked the first film however TikTok recently showed me the awful biphobia in the episode where Carrie dates a bi guy. They way they discuss it is disgusting and sadly reinforces what people think about bisexual people.

Reactions: 7
SATC is my go to comfort watch and I always watch it when I am having man problems.

Carrie is a crap friend and crap GF. The way she acted around Big at the beginning reminds me of a teenage girl not being able to control her emotions, and not that of a grown woman. Remember when she turned up at the church to spy on Big and his mum? Crazy!!

I love Big. So manly, sure of himself and hot! I don't think he treated her badly at all. He was upfront and honest when they got together.

I do love Aiden too but don't think he should have got back with Carrie the second time round.

As others say, I can definitely relate to Miranda now I'm older. Is it with Steve that they have sex and then she sets the alarm and says she has an early morning? I totally get that hahahaha.

The characters all have their own charm. I would have been interested to know more about their backgrounds and families but I read somewhere the producers did not want to take the focus off the friendships and dating.

I also thought it unrealistic how none of the girls ever get jealous of eachother's success.

Carrie has a spin off show and it tells the story of her arriving in New York.

Reactions: 2
I loved it and liked the first film however TikTok recently showed me the awful biphobia in the episode where Carrie dates a bi guy. They way they discuss it is disgusting and sadly reinforces what people think about bisexual people.
So true, but Im always intrigued by benchmarks like those cos they’re the things that led us to question beliefs/Society norms & assumptions and why we’re (Hopefully!! Most of us anyway I should hope) further along today. It’s the same with some episode where Samantha moves in to the meat packing district and refers to “trannies” totally outdated and offensive now but indicative of the norms at the time

Sorry to be that annoying person but one thing that bothered me about this show is when they would use the same actors but in different episodes playing different characters?? Not a big deal but kinda weird lol

I think there was also a woman who briefly appeared in the baby shower episode (series 1) and then was in a different series playing a different character
E3ADD01D-3C1A-4140-87C5-9D50D2B4D55C.jpeg

Sorry to be that annoying person but one thing that bothered me about this show is when they would use the same actors but in different episodes playing different characters?? Not a big deal but kinda weird lol

I think there was also a woman who briefly appeared in the baby shower episode (series 1) and then was in a different series playing a different character
View attachment 200527
This really annoyed me in season 1 and 2 it always seemed to be the same brunette girl having different roles (I'm pretty sure she was then Natasha but I could be wrong as they looked identical)

Reactions: 4
I watched SATC as a young teenager and found it shocking! Rewatched it in the twenties and loved it, particually the fashion from season 1-3. It jumped ship after that. Watching it back now in my thirties, I think Carries lifestyle is unrealistic. How does she afford to shop at Versace and pay her her rent/bills just from a weekly newspaper column? Versace is coin! I'm going to assume since she didn't have childcare to worry about or ever seem to go on holiday that she somehow made enough. That and maxing out credit cards.

I do like how hard you see Miranda working, and she still can't afford a family home in the city, and has to move to Brooklyn. Of all the men Harry was and still is my favourite. He was just a stand up dude. My favourite episode is the one where they go to a party and he has a rash because Charlotte made him wax his back, and upon seeing the women there shouts 'hello from silicon valley!'

That and Steve are the most realistic portrayls of relationships in the city. I pretend the films don't exist because I think they really did Steve's character a diservice. I'm sorry but I don't know anyone in real life that would have the energy to put it about like Samantha every weekend and also work long hours running a company?

I still giggle when anyone mentions the word 'scooner'. 😅

I like the politician guy (minus the weird pee fetish haha) he was very sexy imo
He played Roger in Mad men and is imo sexy af.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.