Sex And The City And Just Like That...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nothing beats the oldies:

Charlotte: I mean, my hat blew right into her headstone. She was clearly sending a message.
Samantha: Yeah, "don't duck my husband, you hat-loving witch."

• Haha
Reactions: 23
They can still be living their best lives with all the challenges and prejudices that sadly seem to come with being an ageing woman in today’s society, - particularly in Carries case as she has the temerity to be childless too.

Yeah, SJP seems like a massive cock but then so does Kim, ‘cleopatra of Liverpool’ Cattrall. Neither of them have covered themselves in glory the past few years, pair of ego maniac twats.
Does anyone remember the tea bag advert Cattrall did years ago? One of the lines was "Aunt teeeea" or was it suposed to be a liverpool accent saying "aunt-y"??

When Samantha goes for her aids test and the Dr starts asking her some standard questions and all her answers are yes, yes, yes, yes,
Do you swallow? Only when surprised 🤣 she made that show.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
“”duck me badly once, shame on you. duck me badly twice, shame on me”
I love Samantha. She became a caricature in the last film, like Miranda, when she had always been so streetwise before.
Carrie is a prick and Aidan is huuunky.
Loving that “Carrie Bradshaw is the worst” blog. I’ve started listening to the podcast too but finding Juno Dawson a bit irritating, talks about herself too much!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Samantha was the reason that people watched. I think SJP couldn’t stand that so started having her character become more and more ridiculous.

I rewatch it most years if I can. The last time it really hit me that Carrie is just so interested in being wealthy in the end. The whole Alexander P business is just because she’s impressed by his wealthy life, he’s a total twit otherwise. Big wouldn’t put up with her tit, he would have married another Natasha.

I hate the films where Carrie makes such a deal about not wanting to watch TV because she’s such a bleeping intellectual. Does she know any smart people.

Ive also started rewatching Girls each year.

Reactions: 14
I enjoyed some bits of Girls [the last series was guff all the same] - but I think they're an altogether more unlikeable set of characters than SATC [bar the one who goes to Japan].
I feel like I get something new from Girls when I rewatch it. I think they are all written to be fairly flawed people, which I find interesting. They’re not meant to be aspirational at all, which I think SATC women are meant to be (but maybe they shouldn’t).

Reactions: 3
I enjoyed some bits of Girls [the last series was guff all the same] - but I think they're an altogether more unlikeable set of characters than SATC [bar the one who goes to Japan].
See, I felt they were all pretty likeable in the beginning (bar Marnie) and Lena, much more so than SJP and Samantha, ensured they were all more and more unlikeable as time went on.

Reactions: 2
I love Girls, they’re all supposed to be unlikable, that’s the joke. Carrie was a piece of tit by accident.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
What if they make Samantha transgender? I mean we didn’t know/see any signs before Caitlyn Jenner made the transition. That way they have a trans character ✔ keep Samantha ✔ Can get a new actor to play the character and don’t have to deal with Kim Catrall ✔

• Haha
Reactions: 6
What if they make Samantha transgender? I mean we didn’t know/see any signs before Caitlyn Jenner made the transition. That way they have a trans character ✔ keep Samantha ✔ Can get a new actor to play the character and don’t have to deal with Kim Catrall ✔
Could be a plan but I feel the ego maniac that is SJP won't want a new character to overshine, it would be the talk of the series and would get a lot of support, she would hate that!

Reactions: 3
What's the worst outfits Carrie wore?

That stupid one with the belt halfway up her stomach has to be up there

Reactions: 6
probably not the outfit but the headpiece she wore to stanford and anthonys wedding!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.