Sex And The City And Just Like That...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah it’s true, ultimately it’s up to her and what she feels comfortable with. I really appreciate the strength it must take for the likes of SJP, Cynthia and others to not mess with their faces (Drew Barrymore and Laura Dern both come to mind).

There’s enough pressure on average women… imagine the insane pressure if you were on TV?!
Now that I'm that age with a normal lifestyle it is a struggle. I'm lucky never smoked so my skin is very good but wrinkles happen. Weight gain in middle age is tough. I am having an easier time of menopause then others but joint pain is off the scale so exercise is more difficult and needs to adapt. I'd never leave the house if it was dissected by the media. It is a major taboo and a real barrier to equality of sexes. I probably admire SJP more then I do J Lo at the moment. She can't seem to be on her own and hops from one relationship to another. Lives a very strict life in terms of diet just to confirm to what her career seems to expect of her.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Now that I'm that age with a normal lifestyle it is a struggle. I'm lucky never smoked so my skin is very good but wrinkles happen. Weight gain in middle age is tough. I am having an easier time of menopause then others but joint pain is off the scale so exercise is more difficult and needs to adapt. I'd never leave the house if it was dissected by the media. It is a major taboo and a real barrier to equality of sexes. I probably admire SJP more then I do J Lo at the moment. She can't seem to be on her own and hops from one relationship to another. Lives a very strict life in terms of diet just to confirm to what her career seems to expect of her.
Oh I definitely do! J Lo is a bloody liar, telling people she only uses olive oil and her own products on her skin when it’s clear she’s had extensive work done. Good work, but definitely extensive!

This is what annoys me the most I think: the women who lie and therefore set unnatural, impossible standards for everyone else. I think if a woman wants to have full on surgery, injectibles, every laser possible… well, it’s their body and face, so it’s their choice really. It’s the lying, obfuscating and denying about that causes the biggest issue.

It’s why I loved that video of Jane Fonda answering a question of how she looks so good - she said something like “a lot of money and a good surgeon”.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I personally think SJP looks far older than her 56 years and my comments about her hair were simply that in my opinion her hair is making her look older than she is and isn’t flattering her face or figure. her face is showing the signs of a lifetime spent smoking, she’s got small sunken eyes and is generally a petite woman - the too long one length hair doesn’t do anything for her. That’s all I was saying. I wasnt suggesting that ALL women over the age of 40 must cut their hair short, or that she should be down the plastic Surgery office in her lunch hour 🙄

Reactions: 13
I personally think SJP looks far older than her 56 years and my comments about her hair were simply that in my opinion her hair is making her look older than she is and isn’t flattering her face or figure. her face is showing the signs of a lifetime spent smoking, she’s got small sunken eyes and is generally a petite woman - the too long one length hair doesn’t do anything for her. That’s all I was saying. I wasnt suggesting that ALL women over the age of 40 must cut their hair short, or that she should be down the plastic Surgery office in her lunch hour 🙄
I certainly didn't pick up from that but I do think its her choice to wear her hair however she wants. I doubt her hugely successful self is too worried about what us mere mortals think though so I won't get my knickers in a twist about it. Just being a woman of similar age I can empathise with how hard it is to get older.

Reactions: 3
That’s why I’m saying I’d never cut it if it was mine…nothing to do with it ageing her or not.

I have a relative who has EXACTLY the same hair and figure as SJP, same kind of smoking history too. She’s about 10 years older than SJP and her massive hair is kind of odd, but it’s also just her.

Reactions: 1
See I think she looks good here. She has beautiful skin, very clear and no major pigmentation, which is one of the most ageing things. She also still has her jawline, which is always a struggle. I like natural, I guess!

I will say I don’t think SJP looks so good in the makeup they’ve been putting her in for the show. The eyeliner REALLY ages her and makes her eyes look tiny. Also this ponytail doesn’t do her any favours.

Definitely agree she needs to chop off some hair! Was watching an episode from season 2 last night randomly on TV - her curls then were so perfect for her face, the right volume and length to balance out her features. I think grey curls at shoulder length would be so good for her now.

View attachment 675622
Totally agree with what you have said, her skin is amazing, no pigmentation and like you said her jaw and neck, even around her eyes have aged well. It's the hair, it's definitely the hair and the eyeliner that ages her.

Reactions: 7
Just watching the episode with the lady (with the angry husband) where Carrie asks if she can return the $900 cashmere scarf gift for the cash. She beggars belief at times.

Yeah it’s true, ultimately it’s up to her and what she feels comfortable with. I really appreciate the strength it must take for the likes of SJP, Cynthia and others to not mess with their faces (Drew Barrymore and Laura Dern both come to mind).

There’s enough pressure on average women… imagine the insane pressure if you were on TV?!
I know. I’m 48 and the only one in my work friendship group who’s not had Botox or fillers. I’m lucky to have greasy skin which seems to stave off lines, but I can see myself getting older. But i can live with it. I’m still dyeing my hair to stave off the greys but on the verge of giving in, as I’m almost white underneath now.

Reactions: 2
I know. I’m 48 and the only one in my work friendship group who’s not had Botox or fillers. I’m lucky to have greasy skin which seems to stave off lines, but I can see myself getting older. But i can live with it. I’m still dyeing my hair to stave off the greys but on the verge of giving in, as I’m almost white underneath now.
everyomne I know who had acne as a teenager is now SO tahnkful as it means your skin looks so much younger !( i didn't unfortunately!)

I love Charlotte's daughter's dress!
I think that they both look great! I love their complimenting dresses- is that Anthony too?

I’m looking forward to it so I dunno, I am probably bias. However, the sneery comments regarding the actresses ageing, looks, and procedures that are everywhere online since the new show announcement are really depressing reading.

It’s just a bit tit and more than a bit ironic that this seems like the main focus, considering that it is one of the very few shows that at least tries to celebrate women whilst showing their dilemmas, options, and life choices as they age.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think that they both look great! I love their complimenting dresses- is that Anthony too?

I’m looking forward to it so I dunno, I am probably bias. However, the sneery comments regarding the actresses ageing, looks, and procedures that are everywhere online since the new show announcement are really depressing reading.

It’s just a bit tit and more than a bit ironic that this seems like the main focus, considering that it is one of the very few shows that at least tries to celebrate women whilst showing their dilemmas, options, and life choices as they age.
Yes Anthony and Stanford too.

Says here it was a wig https://www.instyle.com/fashion/car...6c2fceaa#42b6f823-51dc-4505-b869-e01f6c2fceaa

Apparently her short hair do in season 5? was a wig too. I hated the super short curly hair!
I’ve seen a lot of hate for s5 hair but I liked it. It suited her smaller frame. I think SJP is ageing well for a woman who has spent her entire adult life underweight/with a very low body fat % and who smoked for years. She was always prone to looking a bit hollow with the long face and as we age and lose facial fat pads and collagen, that ‘hollowing out’ effect increases and looks worse on women who don’t really have the fat to lose in the first place. It’s less obvious these days with fillers and whatnot, but from a natural ageing perspective it’s very unusual indeed to see very thin/slim older women with naturally smooth plump faces. But if the fillers are good and not OTT, it can be subtle. That does seem to be rare though given the numbers of wealthy women with access to the best practitioners and botched balloon cat faces.

Reactions: 3
I made a new thread here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.