Sex And The City And Just Like That...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Following on from a different thread, thought this topic needed its own thread....

I loved it, I was 17/18 when it first came out, watched all episodes and loved the first movie, second movie wasn’t that great.

started rewatching them at the start of lockdown....

why did I want to be like them all??
Why would I want to spend thousands on shoes, beg an ex for money, argue with a friend because she wouldn’t lend me money, be extremely selfish....

why would I want to work all hours god sends that the take away knows my order, I never see my child awake, I treat the father of my child like tit....and again selfish

why would I want meaningless relationships/sex and judge all men by their cock size??? Finally find someone that loves me and then cheat on them ???

why would I want to be a stay at home wife, dependant on my husbands money to pay for my amazing apartment??
There’s loads more as I’m sure you will all add to.....

I loved it but now I’m embarrassed by it, it’s still funny but not real life, doesn’t represent real women in the late 1990s early 2000s unless you were an it girl like TPT or the primrose hill gang or even the ladettes

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Me and my friend rewatched it all recently and both said that Carrie was THE worst friend ever. Even when Miranda is struggling she waffles on about herself for one example. Nah thanks (I still love it though haha)

Reactions: 44
SJP and her son sat in front of me at a performance of Annie on Broadway. She came in just before it started, although an unconventional beauty, she was striking and her hair was amazing.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Mentioned this in the other thread, but thought it was very silly that Anthony and Stanford wound up together in the second film considering they couldn't stand each other in the series. That scene where Liza Minnelli pretends she's about to have a heart attack whilst performing Single Ladies at the reception was soo cringey too. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I had the biggest crush on richard 🤣 i think it was the bad boy thing about him i dunno lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I loved it but I always thought Carrie was a knob, she’s just an awful person.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I found all of the male love interests throughout the series minging. Is there something wrong with me? Probably

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I found all of the male love interests throughout the series minging. Is there something wrong with me? Probably
Completely agree. Smith was hot but too little too late. Me and my mate always used to laugh about the long line of very “ average brunette guys” In the show.

Reactions: 13
I will never understand the obsession with Big, Aidan was an absolute hottie 😍 loved him.

SATC got me through a bad break up, I always look on it fondly and when I hear Candi Staton’s You Got The Love in the last episode it gives me chills.

That said, I agree parts of it hasn’t aged well and Carrie can be totally self obsessed. Miranda was my favourite.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Some of the clothes Carrie wore when you see them now you think 'as if you'd go out wearing that'. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Great thread! Yes, loved it aged 20/21 used to watch with my flat mates (I’m still friends with them now) and we thought we could relate but looking back I’m not quite sure how 😂 Though even then we thought Carrie was a bit of a knob!
Agree the series hasn’t aged well at all, but at the time it seemed groundbreaking.
Ah memories... making me feel my age 😂😂

Reactions: 6
Love SATC. Watched it after every bad break up 😂 thinking I was Carrie.
Watching it as an adult now, wow Carrie is a horrible selfish person, in friendships and relationships.
Always found Miranda cold but now that i’m in my 30’s, I totally get her and feel like I am her now 😂

Reactions: 33
I came into SATC pretty late, like 4 or 5 years ago? And I saw the movies before I saw the show for some reason. I must admit I do love it, I can see aspects of myself in each character (both good and bad) and that has made me reflect and improve myself so I think it’s been good for that.
Part of me wonders if it will ever have a reboot/continuation with a new group. It would be interesting to see what it would be like in the modern age (because as people said, it hasn’t aged well and also could be quite close minded at times)

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.