Anti depressants

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm currently on Day 3 of taking S. I'm currently experiencing some of the side effects, which I am hoping will wear of as per my doctors advice. I feel dizzy, drowsy, no motivation, headaches, loss of appetite, clenched jaw, keep zoning out and I cannot sleep for the life of me - did anyone else experience the same?

I think I'm going to go back to the doctors to get signed off from work for the week until these start to settle down as i'm sat at my desk on the verge of falling as sleep and I don't want to talk to anyone at all :(
I'm the exactly the same, day 3 and all of the things you listed above. Do you take it in the morning or evening?

I'm on 25mg every day for a week then up to 50mg. Currently take them first thing g in the morning but I'm wondering if taking them at night will mean I sleep through what I'm feeling during the day. My appetite seems to come back around 10pm (by then I'm far to shattered to actually eat anyway) but seem more alert than I do in the day.

I'm the exactly the same, day 3 and all of the things you listed above. Do you take it in the morning or evening?

I'm on 25mg every day for a week then up to 50mg. Currently take them first thing g in the morning but I'm wondering if taking them at night will mean I sleep through what I'm feeling during the day. My appetite seems to come back around 10pm (by then I'm far to shattered to actually eat anyway) but seem more alert than I do in the day.

For the first 3 days I took them in the morning as the doctor instructed me to. On Sunday I ended up having to call 111 because I just felt so bad, they ended up sending an ambulance to my house to check me over. The paramedics really reassured me that it is common to feel like that during the first week-10 days.

I was feeling really drowsy in the day after taking them at 9am so I changed to taking them at night at around 6pm and I’m ready to sleep by about 10pm and then during the next day I’m starting to feel better and less drowsy and more with it. The paramedic advised me of this as well.

I’m going back to the doctors next week for a medication review, Im currently on 50mg (which I think is bit high considering this is the first time ive taken anti depressants and I was really reluctant to taking them) I hope they don’t up my dosage to 100mg as I’ve heard you get the side affects again 😓

For the first 3 days I took them in the morning as the doctor instructed me to. On Sunday I ended up having to call 111 because I just felt so bad, they ended up sending an ambulance to my house to check me over. The paramedics really reassured me that it is common to feel like that during the first week-10 days.

I was feeling really drowsy in the day after taking them at 9am so I changed to taking them at night at around 6pm and I’m ready to sleep by about 10pm and then during the next day I’m starting to feel better and less drowsy and more with it. The paramedic advised me of this as well.

I’m going back to the doctors next week for a medication review, Im currently on 50mg (which I think is bit high considering this is the first time ive taken anti depressants and I was really reluctant to taking them) I hope they don’t up my dosage to 100mg as I’ve heard you get the side affects again 😓
I don’t remember having any side affects when increasing my dose, but I do take them at night because I feel a lot better than I did when I took them in the morning

I definitely had side effects when increasing dosages, but less than when I first started taking them.
If you still feel awful then there are other medications you can try as well :) I'm on my 3rd different medication since December, the latest one seems to be the most effective for me

Reactions: 1
They are all really normal symptoms. Hopefully should get better after a couple or weeks. I took mine at night and that seemed to help a bit. I’ve taken it twice before for about a year each time. It really helped me when I was feeling very low so definitely felt like the side effects were worth riding it out for.

Thank you, its really helpful to hear everyone's experiences.

It's now day 5 and I'm definitely noticing a pattern from taking in the morning. Feel ridiculously tired and unproductive at work a few hours after taking them and then at around 4pm I get a surge of energy and it's all systems go and I am wide awake when trying to sleepnarpund 10pm.

I'm going to switch to taking in the evening. Did anyone have a reaction to changing the time of day?

Side effects can last up to six weeks. I personally take an anti-depressant that is advised to be taken in the morning and most patients of mine do but having it in the evening means I sleep through the side effects so give that a go. Good luck!

You can continue to take it while you try and it is safe to take during pregnancy in most cases.

Thank you, its really helpful to hear everyone's experiences.

It's now day 5 and I'm definitely noticing a pattern from taking in the morning. Feel ridiculously tired and unproductive at work a few hours after taking them and then at around 4pm I get a surge of energy and it's all systems go and I am wide awake when trying to sleepnarpund 10pm.

I'm going to switch to taking in the evening. Did anyone have a reaction to changing the time of day?
I switched yesterday; took my 25mg at 6pm, had a lovely sleep around 9pm, drifted off nicely and felt quite refreshed today when usually I'd be feeling really out of it until early afternoon.

Felt very agitated and nervous though still, cant wait for that feeling to pass. I have one more 25mg to take tomorrow and then up to 50mg weds

I switched yesterday; took my 25mg at 6pm, had a lovely sleep around 9pm, drifted off nicely and felt quite refreshed today when usually I'd be feeling really out of it until early afternoon.

Felt very agitated and nervous though still, cant wait for that feeling to pass. I have one more 25mg to take tomorrow and then up to 50mg weds
I’ve been on sertraline for a few years now and recently have fallen into a deeper depression so they’ve upped my dose from 100 to 150 it’s upset my stomach a bit but it’s getting a bit better , it can take maybe a month for it to get properly into your system well it did for me , but hopefully it will settle down for you soon . I’m waiting for appointments for Cognitive therapy which I haven’t had before , have you been offered extra help ? I take mine in the morning but it depends as night time it used to keep me up . The side effects can make you feel worse than you did before taking them but never stop them on your own as it makes you worse . It’s so refreshing to see a feed for this as sometimes I feel like I’m the only one going through it . I hope this thread goes on for a bit longer as I would be keen to know how you’re all getting on x

I’ve tried various tablets, this one personally didn’t suit me and I ended up taking citalopram (spelling?)

I think sometimes it’s a trial and error situation. Hope you find something that works. Good luck. Xxx

Just an update..

Last week I did not feel good at all, felt like I had something lodged in my throat and had a burning pain in my back that woke me up in the night. I was like this for three days and finally when i was up at 1am trying to make myself sick to free up the stuck feeling in my throat and the pain so bad in between my shoulder blades I thought i was going to explode , I called 111 who sent an ambulance out.

I didnt at all think they'd send an ambulance - I've called up before about my little boy and spoke to an on call doctor over the phone but as i was describing chest pain apparently they don't take any chances. Anyway, the paramedic was lovely and said that she had been prescribed sertraline but decided not to take it (she didnt say why).

After speaking to her i looked up my symptoms online and discovered that if you take sertraline at night and without water (as I had) before bed and then lie down, it can cause agonising heartburn!! I literally felt like my esophagus was on fire.

So now I've been taking them with loads of water about an hour before I go to sleep. Original side effects have virtually gone and everyone has noticed a change in me. I even feel so differently about things. I really feel like the old me again. First time taking antidepressants, and I'm so glad I started.

I’ve been on sertraline for a few years now and recently have fallen into a deeper depression so they’ve upped my dose from 100 to 150 it’s upset my stomach a bit but it’s getting a bit better , it can take maybe a month for it to get properly into your system well it did for me , but hopefully it will settle down for you soon . I’m waiting for appointments for Cognitive therapy which I haven’t had before , have you been offered extra help ? I take mine in the morning but it depends as night time it used to keep me up . The side effects can make you feel worse than you did before taking them but never stop them on your own as it makes you worse . It’s so refreshing to see a feed for this as sometimes I feel like I’m the only one going through it . I hope this thread goes on for a bit longer as I would be keen to know how you’re all getting on x
Yes I have a number to call for telephone sessions and can go on the waiting list for CBT.

How are you going? I agree, it's so helpful seeing this thread. Anxiety makes me feel so alone and although I wouldn't wish it on anyone, it's comforting to know you are not alone x

• Heart
Oh god! I totally forgot about that. I swallowed one with a tiny bit of water and had horrible heartburn/throatburn for the rest of the day.

I was on sertraline last year, heads up that I got horrifically sunburnt on it (allegedly it makes you more prone- be careful.)

I've recently started taking citalopram and am having very bad nightmares. Hoping that stops soon. Has anyone else noticed a rapid decline in their libido since starting anti depressants?

I've recently started taking citalopram and am having very bad nightmares. Hoping that stops soon. Has anyone else noticed a rapid decline in their libido since starting anti depressants?
Do you take it in the morning or night. I take mine in the morning and have never had nightmares but someone i knows takes it at night and suffered crazy vivid dreams

I take them in the morning, was found if I was taking them at night I couldn’t sleep.
Thank you

It's really common, difficulty climaxing is also a very reported side effect across both men and women

I've always had nightmares so I can't tell if citalopram has increased mine. However, I have a low sex drive. it's been that way for years but it's definitely declined since I started taking them.