Sending private message.

Helen

Administrator
Staff member
That's strange you should be, was it a new user you were trying to send a message to?

A change was made last week so that only members with a decent amount of likes could start conversations but anyone should be able to receive them

Meg1912

VIP Member
Using Tapatalk I can't even send a message to a user I was already having a conversation with.
The only way I can do it is through the actual website! But only continuing a conversation, not starting a new one.

GiggleBee

VIP Member
That's strange you should be, was it a new user you were trying to send a message to?

A change was made last week so that only members with a decent amount of likes could start conversations but anyone should be able to receive them
It was @Nutty_Nora I was trying to message.

Helen

Administrator
Staff member
It was @Nutty_Nora I was trying to message.
Sorry about that, it should have worked.

Some changes were made last week so you need to be a regular before you can start PMs (but anyone can reply) as some were signing up then sending hateful messages to members.

I've reverted that, so it should all work?

I can't either, I couldn't even pm a mod I can only pm someone I'm in conversation with already
For your account as it's new you shouldn't have been able to start, but should be able to reply. All changes reverted so should be able to send and receive to anyone now.

Using Tapatalk I can't even send a message to a user I was already having a conversation with.
The only way I can do it is through the actual website! But only continuing a conversation, not starting a new one.
That is very odd, hopefully it should all be working on TT and the site now?

Helen

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry about that, just found a setting I had changed to a silly value. Check again now, should be fixed.

Helen

Administrator
Staff member
Still not working on Tapatalk.
Sorry about that, tapatalk is a nightmare but seems like it's not a permissions error like before.

I'll plan to update the tapatalk plugin next time I can't sleep or wake up early, although that often causes as many problems as it fixes 😟

Meg1912

VIP Member
Sorry about that, tapatalk is a nightmare but seems like it's not a permissions error like before.

I'll plan to update the tapatalk plugin next time I can't sleep or wake up early, although that often causes as many problems as it fixes
It's working!!