Sending a text message to the wrong person

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone done this? I remember a few years ago I was picking my son up from a house where he had been invited to after school after the mum was chatting on and on. I had thought I had discreetly sent a text to my husband saying oh god I can’t escape and it wasn’t till I got home later that I saw I had sent it to her 🤦‍♀️ She text me back saying she thought it was funny but then ignored me at the school gate the next day. I felt mortified...she still doesn’t speak to me to this day

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I sent a text to my friend relaying a message that my then bf had sent me but I added to it *well he can go f off bla.bla.bla as I don't believe a word of it * But of course I'd sent back to him in my anger 😂😂😂😂 Needless to say we broke up after that 🤭

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
My ex sent his Mum a message meant for me telling her to bring the sunscreen upstairs and ‘lube him up’.

she didn’t find it as funny as we did, lol.

I regularly text my boss by accident instead of my friend (they have the same name). Thankfully it’s never anything bad as I only ever really text that friend if it’s about babysitting or grabbing a coffee but I’ve had a few close calls. 😖

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I once set a text to my bf slagging off my friend sat opposite me, but yep you guessed it... I sent it to her ! she didnt speak to me again ever. My dad also sent me a sex text meant for at the time gf!! yuck.

• Wow
  • Sick
I've had a few text message mishaps.

One text i received was from my mum she asked me what I was up to i said i was busy panting in the bedroom she then replied "she didn't really need to know that". I looked back at what i had written - i forgot to add the i in panting - i was actually painting in the bedroom.

Another mishap, i was in process of a 4 way house swap, the person who was moving into my house was being really awkward and not co operating so i sent a text message to the person whose house we was moving into bitching about that person- or thats what i thought!!! I had actually sent it to the person i was moaning about.
Luckily our paths haven't crossed since

• Haha
I’ve done the schoolboy error of screen shotting a group chat to show my friend how hard it was to organise stuff with a different friend group... and yes sending the screenshot back to the group chat with the caption ‘why the duck is **** such hard work no wonder I have being phasing her out’
I went back and deleted it ASAP as I felt actually sick but she was showing as online so must have seen it 🙈🙈

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Sent a dirty picture to my boss instead of my boyfriend. Why the fuxk did I save them both in my phoneboom as Mark 🤷🏼‍♀️ I left not long after that incident

• Wow
  • Haha
Sent a dirty picture to my boss instead of my boyfriend. Why the fuxk did I save them both in my phoneboom as Mark 🤷🏼‍♀️ I left not long after that incident
Wow that’s rough, a picture takes it to a whole new level.
I’ve never done it in a really disastrous way I can think of. When sending a screenshot and talking about someone I always double check where it’s going ... i just did tonight in fact (I was sending a screen shot to my mate of a very weak and obvious attempt to make me jealous by my soon to be ex boyfriend, not that anyone cares.)
I guess if we are worried about people reading our messages it’s a sign we shouldn’t be sending them. I say the same with people overhearing you talking about them... but we all still do it so whatever.

I have been on the other end. Yeeeearrs ago my friend had the hots for me in quite a big way but it wasn’t reciprocated. He once accidentally sent me a text meant for my best friend (important to note he wasn’t even friends with her) all about me , quite angry and including things I’d said like ten minutes before also over text. It was quite funny really, I don’t recall being upset.I wish I could remember the exact words. I am still friends with him , we never got together and he is long over me ,it it was all good (I’m also still close with the friend who was supposed to receive it tho I feel like it’d be a better end to the story to say I wasn’t).

When I was In college many years ago a friend used to give me a lift to and from. But I remember she kept making excuses why she couldn’t take me and was being a proper let down yet still taking my petrol money!! One morning I got a text saying her nan had just died!! And I text my bf proper slagging her off saying how low could she stoop to lie about this ...... her nan did actually die and I text the message to her!! Safe to say I was riding the bus every day after 😩😩😩😩

When I was In college many years ago a friend used to give me a lift to and from. But I remember she kept making excuses why she couldn’t take me and was being a proper let down yet still taking my petrol money!! One morning I got a text saying her nan had just died!! And I text my bf proper slagging her off saying how low could she stoop to lie about this ...... her nan did actually die and sent I text the message to her!! Safe to say I was riding the bus every day after 😩😩😩😩

Reactions: 6
When I was In college many years ago a friend used to give me a lift to and from. But I remember she kept making excuses why she couldn’t take me and was being a proper let down yet still taking my petrol money!! One morning I got a text saying her nan had just died!! And I text my bf proper slagging her off saying how low could she stoop to lie about this ...... her nan did actually die and I text the message to her!! Safe to say I was riding the bus every day after 😩😩😩😩
Oh no!!!!!

My aunties husband is a bit of a big headed, self entitled twit and he had done something that annoyed me. I meant to message my mum saying as much... sent it to my auntie instead 😬

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
My colleague did this with an email earlier this week, meant to send it to me saying how this colleague doesn’t know how to do her job and is completely inept (not a lie) but sent it to her by mistake. My colleague has managed to delete it from her inbox but forgot to delete it from her deleted items and is now bricking it!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
It was a uni society thing, but I was chatting to this guy about some stuff while simultaneously feeding back to a friend... screenshot the convo with him and accidentally sent it back to him, he replied straight away “I don’t think you meant to send me this, tell *friend* I said hi” 🙈 it wasn’t anything particularly interesting it was just a reallyyyyy awkward moment

• Haha
It was a uni society thing, but I was chatting to this guy about some stuff while simultaneously feeding back to a friend... screenshot the convo with him and accidentally sent it back to him, he replied straight away “I don’t think you meant to send me this, tell *friend* I said hi” 🙈 it wasn’t anything particularly interesting it was just a reallyyyyy awkward moment
it’s just the worst! My friend was on a date and wasn’t feeling it, the date had gone to the toilet and she text me saying it was boring, call her and get her out of it... yeah she sent it to him, his phone was on the table but she couldn’t bring herself to stoop even lower and delete it from his phone 😂😂😂

yeah had a small student job i tested out for one shift and hated so i thought I texted my boyfriend can I quit instead sent it to my boss

Had a witch customer on the phone having a go at me for something someone else had done in the business ( she felt ripped off) and I said I’d get my manager to call her... emailed manager and said ‘so and so’ is really angry about this can you call her as she’s just had a go at me (or something like that)

sent it to her. And she replied with something like ‘yes I am angry get him to call me’ 😂

boss found it funny so all good

• Haha
I sent a text criticising a friend's new house to my boyfriend but actually sent it to my friend - she then had an affair with my boyfriend!

• Wow
Reactions: 12