Selling Tampa

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve finished episode 3 … I’m starting to like it a bit more! I think these woman act more like real estate agents than the others… I wonder what % Jason and Brett take from them?!

Reactions: 3
I was a big fan of Selling Sunset (first 2 series mainly) but I found the first episode of this very boring and I don’t think I’ll stick with it. Selling Sunset lured you in with the amazing homes. and you got to know the characters through the buying and selling of those homes. The series only started to go wrong when they prioritised the drama over the homes. Selling Tampa is making that mistake from the off - there are way too many long scenes of people you don’t care about hanging around in gardens or cafes talking. It’s too early to care about who’s single, who’s having a crisis or who’s pissed off because their picture wasn’t on the poster. They need to get back to centring more homes and the crazy rich people who buy them.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I just finished yesterday. Its not as good as SS but I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt because I have had a while now to get involved in the girls' lives for SS so maybe ST deserves that chance too!

Whats everyone's opinions on the realtors? I like Rena, she seems like she has a good head on her shoulders. Anne kind of rubs me the wrong way at times and I didn't mind Colony at first but I feel like she tit stirs a lot. I'm not sure how to do the spoiler thing so I won't give details just in case but I'm referring to what was discussed at the party in the final ep.

Reactions: 1
Nope I tried but won't be back for season 2. It went in to hard not getting to know the characters before all the dramas.

I’m enjoying the show, currently on ep 4. Love the sass all the girls have. Colony and Anne Sophie are so pretty. Alexis is so unprofessional! Get the impression she has no idea what hard work is.

Reactions: 4
I’m enjoying the show, currently on ep 4. Love the sass all the girls have. Colony and Anne Sophie are so pretty. Alexis is so unprofessional! Get the impression she has no idea what hard work is.
Agreed! If I was in her position and didn't have all the stats about the house already memorized I would have at least had some notes on hand to save myself the embarrassment of not being able to answer anything. I was cringing anytime she was showing a house.

Reactions: 2
I’m enjoying it - I think it’s different to SS but very similar to a lot of American reality TV shows so I’m still into the format - think larger ensemble casts like Basketball Wives

So I binge watched it all.. I preferred it to the last season of SS, but not overall.
I think Colony’s loyalty/tit stirring is childish if I’m honest, she’s absolutely stunning though.
I like Rena. I don’t think she will actually have the balls to go out by herself properly though
Juana Na is annoying. I think Tenille is quite nasty
Alexis was so unprofessional but there’s must be more to it for her to be let go surely? Like 1 bad viewing?

Reactions: 3
So I binge watched it all.. I preferred it to the last season of SS, but not overall.
I think Colony’s loyalty/tit stirring is childish if I’m honest, she’s absolutely stunning though.
I like Rena. I don’t think she will actually have the balls to go out by herself properly though
Juana Na is annoying. I think Tenille is quite nasty
Alexis was so unprofessional but there’s must be more to it for her to be let go surely? Like 1 bad viewing?
Agreed! Colony was getting on my nerves by the end. Also her saying loyalty is important (when it came to not leaving Sharelle) but then throwing her own friend Anne under the bus for exploring her career options is hypocrisy at its finest. And then the drama she stirred at her birthday

Also for the Alexis point, I think the issue was that she was there for almost 2 years and had very very low sale numbers. The terrible showing was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Reactions: 6
I stuck with it and I actually loved it 🙈 I’m all for trashy reality tv though 😂

Reactions: 6
It's very light on the real estate, only one listing has blown me away so far. My favourite listings were in Selling OC.

The bushes everywhere are scaring me, I'm always expecting an alligator to jump out of somewhere.

Sharelle is stunning.

I don't dislike any of them yet, but that girl talking over the buyer and Tennile, asking his name, and repeating everything drove me crazy.

It was a bit flat for me.

The only one I really liked was Rena; she was obviously a very intelligent woman (was previously a partner in a law firm, already had her broker's licence), and a lot more mature than the others. She struck me as someone who didn't sit around waiting for work to come to her - she got out there and made things happen.

The commission situation piqued my interest as we're going through something similar at my work (not real estate). The owner of this agency didn't properly justify the reason for the change, nor did she consult with the team. What "expansion" was she talking about it covering, and she said it also covered upgraded systems but then said they were staying the same? What a cheek. Rena was right to voice concerns; the fact that none of the others did just made them look silly.

I thought their dress sense was terrible. Their boss shouldn't have to tell them how to dress. Actually, I found the dress in Selling The OC terrible too - Alex turning up to work in ripped jeans looked dreadful.

I looked up Rena - thank goodness she is in the throes of setting up her own agency! Alexis is back working for the agency.

Tampa was the most boring to me along with Sunset. Although I loved the all-female all-Black aspect of Tampa it seems like that would be limiting as to where to take the storylines next.