Self-Isolation... How will you stay sane?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So much doom & gloom at the moment surrounding COVID-19 so thought I'd start this thread to share ideas on how you'll keep yourself sane and stop the kids from killing each other!!

I'm self isolating from today due to the kids coming down with coughs through the night.
Just placed a huge order with Hobby craft and relying on Pinterest to keep the ideas coming. 🤞🏼

OH AND GIN... LOTS OF GIN! ❤

Admin... Please remove if this is already somewhere else.. I know there's a few flying around. ☺

Reactions: 10
I honestly don't know how I'm going to do it. I live alone and don't need to speak to people to stay sane but I need to see people about for it to lift my mood. I think I'm just going to get drunk and eat loads and sleep... classy I know :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Iv got lots of books and two boys. And plenty of dvds/ netflix. I. Will be ok.

Reactions: 7
Eating chocolate and watching random vlogs in you tube I expect. I do have some books saved to read though and my garden needs some work so as long as it’s sunny I could do that to help try and distract me

Reactions: 4
I have access to duty free gin and rum so guessing when the time comes I'll turn in to a pirate 😂

Netflix, a pile of books I've been meaning to get through and some knitting. I've been knitting a scarf since 2017, I'd quite like to finish it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I'm in isolation for seven days. I have an assignment to do. I definitely won't do the assignment. I'm going to binge watch stuff and sleep I think.

Reactions: 16
This self isolation thing sounds right up my street.
Me too. I’m an introvert so 2 weeks confinement wouldn't phase me at all.
My main concern would be for my disabled dad. He’s only a 5 minute drive away but lives alone.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
I honestly don't know how I'm going to do it. I live alone and don't need to speak to people to stay sane but I need to see people about for it to lift my mood. I think I'm just going to get drunk and eat loads and sleep... classy I know :LOL:
This is me. I work from home quite often and get cabin fever without social interaction. My friends can tell when I'm getting to the point of needing contact and arrange a pub night

I am actually planning on redecorating my spare room at some point, might get some paint in and then can always do that if it comes to it

Reactions: 7
I think I'll drive myself mad I panic to much as it is.im trying to stay calm by cracking jokes but its wearing thin with my 15 year old 😂.
I have a 3 year old so I'm trying to think of ways to explain why we wont be able to go out if it comes to it.
I'm stocking up on crafts playdoh.
my 15 year old is supposed to be having a party next week and I've said everyone is getting there temperature took before stepping foot in the house 😂and they can all wash there hands dirty smelly teenagers 🤭🙄.

In seriousness I think I'll enjoy not rushing around and we can have movie days build forts and spend quality time together

Reactions: 4
Netflix, YouTube, baking, DIY, decorating, wanking, gardening, closing my eyes and dreaming of what I'll do when this is all over. That kind of thing 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I'm in self isolation starting today too. I was a bit worried cause I had a very bad bout of depression for 2 years and barely left the house so I thought I might trigger myself into hermit mode again but since everyone I know is self isolating too, it feels kind of different.
I have a garden and no neighbours so at least I can keep myself sane.
The new season of dirty money is up on netflix, I also treated myself to a massive bookdepositery order a few weeks back so I have a lot of books at hands ( and a scribd subscription).

The silver linings is that by the time we are allowed outside (hopefully) spring will be well on its way and we will have good weather to lift up the general mood.

Reactions: 8
Tattle will keep me sane and provide the laughs. Apart from that reading books, watching boxsets, baking, cleaning, playing Board games if you have kids.

Reactions: 9
I bought the new legend of zelda what feels like years ago, looking forward to playing it. Will also be baking lots of cakes and countless box sets to watch.

I've got kettle bells and a yoga matt, but will miss swimming and sauna. Might even buy a sauna as that would be amazing to have at home :D

Reactions: 6
Only me, husband and dog to worry about. I do feel sorry for people worrying about how to entertain/ feed larger families and children for a long time.

Wine and Harry Potter is my plan. I'm reading the books again and will dig out the films. There is something very comforting about them - reverting to a less troubling child like existence I suppose.
We live in the back of beyond so can still go for good walks. Oh and Tattle Life of course!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Cant lie... I am so jealous of those of you without children loving your best lives watching Netflix and actually chilling!!

If anyone wants to swap that for 2 hyperactive toddlers... Just shout 🙋🏻‍♀️😂

• Haha
Reactions: 30
This is me. I work from home quite often and get cabin fever without social interaction. My friends can tell when I'm getting to the point of needing contact and arrange a pub night

I am actually planning on redecorating my spare room at some point, might get some paint in and then can always do that if it comes to it
Yes, we’ve got various DIY projects so think we’ll stock up on bits and get cracking on jobs as my son is insolation for 7 days now!

Reactions: 6