Secret Celeb Gossip #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone have any tea on John Lennon?
He has been dead longer, than many folk who contribute to tattle - but I am strangely fascinated by his post Beatles life.

I read an article a couple of years back, that mentioned his anorexia in 1970s. Apparently, his weight loss initially kicked off around 1967 (he was a little chubby prior to this - but only a little).
It interests me, as men and weight issues must have been barely discussed back then - if at all.

I read that at the time of his death, he was very very thin. It seems that a strict macrobiotic diet, combined with heavy smoking helped!

Can I just add that Clarkson gives me the horrors - but I do fancy Bob Mortimer. I worded that badly, it read like I have a crush on both of them!
Didn't Lennon's mum hate him or something ,I remember they had a bad relationship I think his aunts raised him at some point.

Reactions: 2
Didn't Lennon's mum hate him or something ,I remember they had a bad relationship I think his aunts raised him at some point.

I think she had a few issues. He was raised by her sister, but she still had contact with him.
It’s documented that he actually witnessed her death (she was hit by a car). I think he was around 13 years or so?

• Sad
Reactions: 3

I think she had a few issues. He was raised by her sister, but she still had contact with him.
It’s documented that he actually witnessed her death (she was hit by a car). I think he was around 13 years or so?
Yes I think it was a police man killed her.Mother the song was about her .

Reactions: 2
Ha, funnily enough, Channel 4 is showing old re-runs of Ali-G In Da House and he's interviewing...Donald Trump! 20-something years ago and he STILL has the same hairdo.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
😄😄
Yes I'm also greedy, Ok a whole week 😋 I'm gonna start with..
Mon - Martin Kemp
Tues - Cillian Murphy
Weds - Tom Hardy (as he was in Taboo 😍)
Thurs - Richard Madden (he’s not gay on Thursdays)
Fri - Jason Momoa
Sat - Sean Bean
Sun - Cillian again and again and again...

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Sorry, just read that he was actually 17 years old when his mother was killed. I was a bit far off with 13!
I always felt sorry for Julian tbh I though he kinda left him behind once Yoko and Sean came on the scene.

Reactions: 13
I always felt sorry for Julian tbh I though he kinda left him behind once Yoko and Sean came on the scene.
I got that impression also.
I read also that Lennon treated his first wife very badly, and not just in the early days of their relationship. He invited Yoko to stay with them at their family home whilst she was away with Julian. I don’t think they even bothered trying to hide the fact, she may have even still been there when Cynthia arrived back home.
Something strange went on with Yokos daughter. I must read up on this as can’t quite remember. I think her father may have taken her overseas or something - I will have to google!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I got that impression also.
I read also that Lennon treated his first wife very badly, and not just in the early days of their relationship. He invited Yoko to stay with them at their family home whilst she was away with Julian. I don’t think they even bothered trying to hide the fact, she may have even still been there when Cynthia arrived back home.
Something strange went on with Yokos daughter. I must read up on this as can’t quite remember. I think her father may have taken her overseas or something - I will have to google!
Yeah he treated Cynthia like tit ,I like his music but not the man ,he went kinda weird after he met Yoko but I'd say drugs played a big part in that..I wonder whatever became of her daughter..

Yeah he treated Cynthia like tit ,I like his music but not the man ,he went kinda weird after he met Yoko but I'd say drugs played a big part in that..I wonder whatever became of her daughter..
It looks like drugs certainly did play a big part. I’ve pinched this from Wikipedia:

Ono and Cox divorced on February 2, 1969, and she married John Lennon later that same year. In the midst of a 1971 custody battle, Cox disappeared with their eight-year-old daughter. He won custody after successfully claiming that Ono was an unfit mother due to her drug use.[13] Ono's ex-husband changed Kyoko's name to "Ruth Holman" and subsequently raised the girl in an organization known as the Church of the Living Word (or "the Walk").[14] Ono and Lennon searched for Kyoko for years, but to no avail. She finally saw Kyoko again many years later in 1998.

Daughter has kept out of the public eye..

I love The Beatles but have never been a fan of Lennon. I am not a fan of “Avant Garde” I must admit, the whole idea of Yoko Ono being a highly acclaimed artist is lost on me. Her idea of art - knocking nails in to walls, and cutting up clothes is a bit of a con I think..
She is getting on a bit now - I think she is around 86? She was reported to have had a refrigerated room full fur coats back in the 70s, and was buying and selling cows for huge profits! At the same time, she was supposed to be a bohemian, artistic hippy..

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Her second husband, the film producer and promoter Tony Cox, same thing. Only he took their daughter, Kyoko, and hid with her, joining a religious cult.

At first Ono allowed her third husband, John Lennon, to do what came naturally to him: to hunt for the lost daughter through private detectives and the courts. Only after John’s death, when Ono wrote an open letter to her grown daughter, saying how deeply she loved her but that “you should not feel guilty if you choose not to reach me” and that she would no longer try to locate Kyoko, did her daughter slowly come back into her life.

It looks like drugs certainly did play a big part. I’ve pinched this from Wikipedia:

Ono and Cox divorced on February 2, 1969, and she married John Lennon later that same year. In the midst of a 1971 custody battle, Cox disappeared with their eight-year-old daughter. He won custody after successfully claiming that Ono was an unfit mother due to her drug use.[13] Ono's ex-husband changed Kyoko's name to "Ruth Holman" and subsequently raised the girl in an organization known as the Church of the Living Word (or "the Walk").[14] Ono and Lennon searched for Kyoko for years, but to no avail. She finally saw Kyoko again many years later in 1998.

Daughter has kept out of the public eye..

I love The Beatles but have never been a fan of Lennon. I am not a fan of “Avant Garde” I must admit, the whole idea of Yoko Ono being a highly acclaimed artist is lost on me. Her idea of art - knocking nails in to walls, and cutting up clothes is a bit of a con I think..
She is getting on a bit now - I think she is around 86? She was reported to have had a refrigerated room full fur coats back in the 70s, and was buying and selling cows for huge profits! At the same time, she was supposed to be a bohemian, artistic hippy..
She's 87 now so the daughter must be in her 50's ,they were a strange pair alright but I suppose they all were back then .Don't think the rest of the Beatles ever got on with her, think that's why there was never a reunion but I could be wrong .

Her second husband, the film producer and promoter Tony Cox, same thing. Only he took their daughter, Kyoko, and hid with her, joining a religious cult.

At first Ono allowed her third husband, John Lennon, to do what came naturally to him: to hunt for the lost daughter through private detectives and the courts. Only after John’s death, when Ono wrote an open letter to her grown daughter, saying how deeply she loved her but that “you should not feel guilty if you choose not to reach me” and that she would no longer try to locate Kyoko, did her daughter slowly come back into her life.
They were caught up in their own bubble herself and John ,don't think they let many in .So I think the daughter would have featured as much as Julian ,she probably got a guilt trip in her latter yrs after he was gone ,when she started to fade into the backround.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Dead or alive? And I’ve gone for a week cos I’m greedy.
Michael Hutchence
Nuno Lopes (Boxer white lines)
Steve McQueen
Tom Ellis (Lucifer)
Lee Marvin
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Richard Gere
Thank you for the Tom Ellis reminder. I had a bit of a crush on him in Eastenders. As Lucifer, I'd sell my soul and thump a few grannies for some action with him.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 8
My dream week goes by films my partner has been watching
Monday. Thor
Tuesday. Loki
Wednesday. Loki
Thursday. Razor ruddock (watched Harry's hero's)
Friday. Steven (the world's end film) n also Simon pegg
Saturday. James Martin
Sunday. Simon rimmer(hate Tim always have)

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Am not a fan of the Beatles but only found out recently that John Lennon dated May Peng during a short separation from Yoko Ono. She helped Julian have some sort of a relationship with his Dad.

Reactions: 3
Has anyone ever seen the weird song with an even weirder video (starring Noel fielding!) about Michael Jackson that Julian wrote? 😟

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I think Michael Fassbender is attractive but there were reports that he was violent to an ex girlfriend, which is awful.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.