Secret Celeb Gossip #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone have tea on Pharrell Williams? Remember the blurred lines debacle - robin thicke got it tight re it’s misogyny, songwriting Credit, ripping off Marvin Gaye etc etc. But pharrell didn’t seem to cop any Flack and next minute he’s doing Happy and is regarded as a good egg - just a case of better lawyers and PR??

• Wow
Reactions: 30
Some Britpop / rock ones for you. I've met a few of the 90s greats. 😀

Dolores O'Riordan from The Cranberries (RIP), gently spoken, almost shy. Very pretty and had time for fans.

Jarvis Cocker from Pulp, we waited outside the stage doors with some other fans for over an hour after the show. He swept out yelling, "No autographs, I want to go home." Leaving us teenagers heartbroken in the cold. 😭

Shutty from Terrorvision - Sound as a pound. I interviewed him for a fanzine when I was 17/18 and he kept in touch and would send me postcards from his US tour and even called me once to say he was in Abbey Road studios and just had to boast! Likewise, my friend was pen pals with the drummer from Dodgy, I think he was called Andy.

Andy Cairns from Therapy? An absolute legend. Again, I interviewed him over the phone when I was 17, he had so much time and patience. I then met him in my 20s at a Manics after show party and he was soooo lovely and posed for a picture. I then interviewed him again a few years back for radio and he is still adorable and funny.

Jake Shillingford from My Life Story. Met him earlier this year. Oozes sex appeal, very tall, great dress sense and smells really nice. I actually went a bit fan girl talking to him.

Damon Albarn from Blur and Justine Frischmann from Elastica, polite and patient, rather than out and out super friendly. They were dating at the time.

Super Furry Animals hilarious, fun, generous and friendly every time and loved having Howard Marks around to provide the hash. 😁

Gorky's Zygotic Monkey, friendly, but quiet / shy.

Feeder were / are just the nicest blokes ever.

Dreadzone, laid back, stoned and super friendly. Still amazing to see live too.

Isabel Monteiro from Drugstore, very sweet lady, she got me up on stage to play tambourine for El President.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Dolores O'Riordan from The Cranberries (RIP), gently spoken, almost shy. Very pretty and had time for fans.
One of my friends is Irish (living here a long time though) and originally from Limerick, the same place as Dolores.
When my friend was at uni she was working part time in a supermarket and Dolores used come in with her Mum shopping.

My friend said she was absolutely lovely, would chat to anyone who approached her and was always happy to sign an autograph.

This was in the late 90s when The Cranberries were at the height of their fame.

A staff member who worked with my friend, her Gran lived up the road from Dolores when she was growing up and when Dolores was in her teens she used to play cards with her, and even when she became a worldwide name, anytime she was home she'd always make sure to visit that lady and play a game of cards.

Fame never went to her head

• Heart
Reactions: 67
One of my friends is Irish (living here a long time though) and originally from Limerick, the same place as Dolores.
When my friend was at uni she was working part time in a supermarket and Dolores used come in with her Mum shopping.

My friend said she was absolutely lovely, would chat to anyone who approached her and was always happy to sign an autograph.

A staff member who worked with my friend, her Gran lived up the road from Dolores when she was growing up and when Dolores was in her teens she used to play cards with her, and even when she became a worldwide name, anytime she was home she'd always make sure to visit that lady and play a game of cards.

That's lovely to hear. I met her when Linger was in the charts. She was very unassuming, humble and just really beautiful. Such a shame she passed away.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Jarvis Cocker from Pulp,
Met him a few times - usually quite squiffy and dishevelled (him, not me obv), funny very dry, always seems slight bemused by the effect he has on women but (in the past) certainly never put up much a fight. More of a sloppy snogger than a mad shagger tho'. Now dating uber-cool fashion stylist Kim Sion. Does a disco from his living room every Friday night on Instagram - tune in its a laugh. 9pm.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
My mil met Dolores O’Riordan at a local restaurant, where they had a lovely chat and upon hearing that my MIL had never been in a helicopter wanted to ring her pilot and bring it straight over for my MiL to have a go (at 2/3 in the morning) My MIL managed to put her off 😂😂 but said she was absolutely lovely. (My MIL would have been in her 70’s at the time (at a family party).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Anything on Chrissy Teigen?

I get so mad at the videos she shares of her daughter handling their hamster. The kid is so rough and doesn’t treat the animal safely.

Other than that I quite like her so it would be interesting to know more.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
My mil met Dolores O’Riordan at a local restaurant, where they had a lovely chat and upon hearing that my MIL had never been in a helicopter wanted to ring her pilot and bring it straight over for my MiL to have a go (at 2/3 in the morning) My MIL managed to put her off 😂😂 but said she was absolutely lovely. (My MIL would have been in her 70’s at the time (at a family party).
See if I was piss drunk I’d be all for it tbh

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Some Britpop / rock ones for you. I've met a few of the 90s greats. 😀

Jarvis Cocker from Pulp, we waited outside the stage doors with some other fans for over an hour after the show. He swept out yelling, "No autographs, I want to go home." Leaving us teenagers heartbroken in the cold. 😭

Shutty from Terrorvision - Sound as a pound. I interviewed him for a fanzine when I was 17/18 and he kept in touch and would send me postcards from his US tour and even called me once to say he was in Abbey Road studios and just had to boast! Likewise, my friend was pen pals with the drummer from Dodgy, I think he was called Andy.

Andy Cairns from Therapy? An absolute legend. Again, I interviewed him over the phone when I was 17, he had so much time and patience. I then met him in my 20s at a Manics after show party and he was soooo lovely and posed for a picture. I then interviewed him again a few years back for radio and he is still adorable and funny.

Jake Shillingford from My Life Story. Met him earlier this year. Oozes sex appeal, very tall, great dress sense and smells really nice. I actually went a bit fan girl talking to him.

Damon Albarn from Blur and Justine Frischmann from Elastica, polite and patient, rather than out and out super friendly. They were dating at the time.

Super Furry Animals hilarious, fun, generous and friendly every time and loved having Howard Marks around to provide the hash. 😁

Gorky's Zygotic Monkey, friendly, but quiet / shy.

Feeder were / are just the nicest blokes ever.

Dreadzone, laid back, stoned and super friendly. Still amazing to see live too.

Isabel Monteiro from Drugstore, very sweet lady, she got me up on stage to play tambourine for El President.
My era, love all this.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

One of my friends is a soldier who was stationed in Limerick and he says before Dolores was famous, allegedly she was often seen hanging around the barracks , she had a crush on one of the soldiers who knocked her back, bet he was sorry when she hit the big time. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Going back to the Blue stuff from the prev thread.

I thought Duncan came out as bi and in a relationship with a man around the time he was in hollyoaks.

I've heard Pharell Williams is a massive sex pest. He did a video with Mariah Carey and she made a complaint about him touching her up and coming onto her. If you go back to the NERD days the video for lapdance is x rated.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Does anyone have tea on Pharrell Williams? Remember the blurred lines debacle - robin thicke got it tight re it’s misogyny, songwriting Credit, ripping off Marvin Gaye etc etc. But pharrell didn’t seem to cop any Flack and next minute he’s doing Happy and is regarded as a good egg - just a case of better lawyers and PR??
Kelis has very little good to say about him. Something to do with him signing her young and screwing her over for money and royalties. He wanted to work with her again and she told him no in no uncertain terms.

• Wow
Reactions: 21

Love hearing stuff like this!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.