School problems

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi guys,
My 7 yo daughters been having problems with another girl since around this time last year but now it seems to be getting g worse. Every single day there’s something and every evening she’s saying she doesn’t want to go to school and in the morning it’s worse. I have of course spoken to her teacher numerous times honestly lost count and I’ve also spoke with the head numerous times. The only solution that they have come up with is a diary type book🙄. I understand that they are only 7 but it’s just going to get worse like it already as she’s done such cruel things to her. I have a 13 yo never had anything like this with her. I really Feel like moving her schools but I feel like that’s maybe not the best solution but I just don’t know what to do anymore the teachers clearly dont care and my daughter is unhappy and anxious daily. Any advice would be great. I also wanted to add the child’s mum is unapproachable there’s a little gang of mums who stay together and I’ve never spoken to any of them. The school is a good school we live in a nice area This is what I just don’t understand ☹.

I was your daughter when I was at school, I had an issue with a few girls they'd pick on me for no reason and it made me truly miserable. I was a little bit older than she is though, 7 is young and it needs to be sorted.

I will say that had my parents moved me to a different school it probably would've done wonders for my mental health. Bullying is, unfortunately, something that sticks with you and I actually think in this case, since the mother of the child is unapproachable and the school hasn't done anything it may be best to move her to a different school. If the school was a good school then they'd do something about it. It should be zero tolerance for bullying.

If you're determined to keep her in that school then keeping a diary is a good idea. Maybe go above the head in this case? You've approached them numerous times and nothing has been done so going above could kickstart some sort of action.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’m sorry you had to go through that ☹😔 kids can be so cruel. I was speaking to the TA this morning she said had witnessed the child hurting the self’s on purpose yday and said to another member of staff that my daughter had done it to her 😳 honestly I have just had enough.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I’m sorry you had to go through that ☹😔 kids can be so cruel. I was speaking to the TA this morning she said had witnessed the child hurting the self’s on purpose yday and said to another member of staff that my daughter had done it to her 😳 honestly I have just had enough.
Kids can be very cruel! That's so sad, I remember once getting the blame for lashing out... I was just reacting to the months of bullying I put up with.

Honestly the school sounds absolutely useless and if I were you I'd be making a complaint. I'm not sure who you'd write to but it can't carry on. it's down to the parents most of the time they don't give a duck what their kids are up too or who they're upsetting.

Reactions: 2
I was like your kid when I was at school, got horrendous bullying for no reason, got moved school an ended up with another bully, then at high school they teamed up an got me, I honestly hate that I was moved school, it solved nothing an I lost all my friends so sometimes it's not always the best way to go

I'd recommend trying to speak with the school board an putting in complaints with the school, bullying has gotten far worse than what it ever was when I was a kid an they should be doing a lot more, but I wouldn't rest till it's sorted because why should you have to move your kid because of another, I'd also see if it's possible to move them class, not sure if that's a possibility, at my old schools there had around 2/3 other classes of the same year, but if it's a small school then maybe that's not a possibility

My daughter went through this and the school did sort it out but the damage was already done and she still has to see her on the playground. If possible (and your daughter is happy to) it would be a good idea to move schools for a fresh start.

• Heart
My daughter went through this and the school did sort it out but the damage was already done and she still has to see her on the playground. If possible (and your daughter is happy to) it would be a good idea to move schools for a fresh start.
she really did not want to move schools at all up until Monday when she said ‘mummy I want to change schools’. I think obviously she’s just had enough😔. The head mentioned about changing to the other class but that would not solve the problem because she would still see her at break,etc. the other school closest to us is just one class per year group I just hope I’ll be able to get her in.
---
I was like your kid when I was at school, got horrendous bullying for no reason, got moved school an ended up with another bully, then at high school they teamed up an got me, I honestly hate that I was moved school, it solved nothing an I lost all my friends so sometimes it's not always the best way to go

I'd recommend trying to speak with the school board an putting in complaints with the school, bullying has gotten far worse than what it ever was when I was a kid an they should be doing a lot more, but I wouldn't rest till it's sorted because why should you have to move your kid because of another, I'd also see if it's possible to move them class, not sure if that's a possibility, at my old schools there had around 2/3 other classes of the same year, but if it's a small school then maybe that's not a possibility
Bullying is definitely 1000x worse now even at such a young age they say the cruellest things. Sadly in my daughters case I do think a lot is coming from the parents who clearly do not like me. Some people just never leave school bullying do they?!