Scariest TV shows or films you’ve ever seen

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure if its been mentioned yet but I'm a massive fan of League of Gentlemen and Inside Number 9. Absolutely love them. It can get quite dark but there's always a bit of humour to take the edge off. Just brilliant, clever writers. Eta just remembered they did Psycoville as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Not sure if its been mentioned yet but I'm a massive fan of League of Gentlemen and Inside Number 9. Absolutely love them. It can get quite dark but there's always a bit of humour to take the edge off. Just brilliant, clever writers. Eta just remembered they did Psycoville as well.
I was literally just coming on to post about the guys!! Inside No 9 is my all time favourite show (with League and Psychoville close behind) and some of the episodes are genuinely creepy.

Reactions: 1
Most unnerving I’ve seen recently - books of blood, level 16, midsummer, Eli, antebellum, flesh, The visit

Mine would be..
Megan is missing
Wolf creek
Eden lake
Black bear episode of black mirror

R.e Ghostwatch.. I was only 2 when it aired so havent seen it before but just watching online now and the acting is awful!!

I’ve seen lots of people mention Meghan is Missing. On here and on TikTok. I thought it was just some obscure, low budget horror that not many had seen.
It bothered me too! Especially the snapshots that are ran through once she’s where she is. One particular scene when she’s there made me hit fast forward. I couldn’t stomach it.

The end too. 😔 It states, if I’m remembering correctly, that it’s meant to be a true story, but I can remember googling it and not finding much about it.

Has anyone watched Men? It’s just been released. I’m tempted to go and see it.

The Haunting of Hill House. It's on Netflix. The jump scares, wow. It's such a creepy show but loved it and wish there were more episodes.

Reactions: 3
Mum & Dad, Wolf Creek and Eden Lake are the ones that stand out for me.

Anyone have any creepy/scary tv shows they can recommend? I’ve seen AHS and haunting of hill house. I wish there were more shows similar to those

Anyone have any creepy/scary tv shows they can recommend? I’ve seen AHS and haunting of hill house. I wish there were more shows similar to those
Haunting of Bly Manor is a sort of follow on to Haunting of Hill House.

There is also American Horror Stories which is different to American Horror Story. They are a series of stand alone stories instead of a one story series. I enjoyed them more them the last series of the normal AHS tbh.

Reactions: 2
Archive 81 is pretty good on Netflix. It's the only one recently that sticks in my mind. Love a found footage film/series.

HOST on Shudder. I watched it during lockdown. Only an hour long. Oh boy did it make me and my son squeal and jump. I'm a huge horror movie fan and don't scare easily but HOST got me good.

Reactions: 3
I’m really intrigued by the Netflix series Wednesday (as in Wednesday adams) and also the new guillermo del toro horror series! I think they are due out later on in the year

Any upcoming shows you guys are looking forward to?

Archive 81 is pretty good on Netflix. It's the only one recently that sticks in my mind. Love a found footage film/series.
I was going to start this then I saw it’s been cancelled already 😭 I hate when they do this and only give a show one season

Last edited:
  • Sad
Alone (2020)
A recently widowed traveller is kidnapped by a cold blooded killer, only to escape into the wilderness where she is forced to battle against the elements as her pursuer closes in on her.

Found this on Sky Cinema last night. I thought it had a great story and it got the heart going a few times. I wouldn't call it an all out horror film but it certainly has its moments.

I’m really intrigued by the Netflix series Wednesday (as in Wednesday adams) and also the new guillermo del toro horror series! I think they are due out later on in the year

Any upcoming shows you guys are looking forward to?

I was going to start this then I saw it’s been cancelled already 😭 I hate when they do this and only give a show one season
Oh damn. I have it on my watch list. I assumed it was a limited series.

For those who have watched it - does it work as a standalone series at all?

Watched the film “the visit” on amazon last night was pretty decent. Made by blumhouse. I’ve seen majority of horror films and series and I found it quite scary!

HOST on Shudder. I watched it during lockdown. Only an hour long. Oh boy did it make me and my son squeal and jump. I'm a huge horror movie fan and don't scare easily but HOST got me good.
Yes it was so good, wasn't expecting it to be so scary but I had sweaty palms and everything! Just got Shudder and it seems pretty decent so far 👍