Savanna Brockhill & Frankie Smith #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Previous thread:

TW: themes of domestic violence & violence towards and eventual murder of a child.

We’re all following the live updates for the trial for the murder of infant Star Hobson provided by the Telegraph & Argus, they set it as the main banner image daily for anyone who would like to follow.

Side note - This is an emotive subject. Please be respectful of other posters - there will be a variety of opinions posted, if you feel you can’t be civil please use the ignore feature or press report on anything that goes against Tattle rules.

Reactions: 11
There’s a video of SB falling in some trees and the person filming is laughing and saying “it’s on its arse”. I don’t think it’s as dehumanising as it may come across.

• Sad
I mean, I’d never use it personally and out of context it does sound awful, but I can’t speak for other people and their ways.

Reactions: 2
I have learned, over many years, to not tell my ex when our child does something he may disapprove of, to save my child the psychological abuse that will follow. This is happening over a small number of months, with F being fed lies about where the bruises have come from (which she accepted at the time) and being gaslighted about her abilities as a mother.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
There’s a video of SB falling in some trees and the person filming is laughing and saying “it’s on its arse”. I don’t think it’s as dehumanising as it may come across.
This. And I know someone in the previous thread said that they didn’t know any travellers that referred to their child as “it”, I’ve known a few and they also refer to them as boy, baby etc - not always by their names. Also I’m Irish and a lot of my family refer to people as “it” when they’re making light of something they’ve done like, “it’s only gone and smashed the plate”. It’s not the inherently evil term that people are making it out to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
I told my husband that my toddler was being an absolute bleeping wanker the other day - doesn’t mean I don’t love him with every bit of me and would never harm a hair on his head.

I don’t think we should get hung up on the fact FS called Star ‘it’ - there’s worse things that she’s done.

Reactions: 20
If she knew SB was going to say put her in the corner why tell her about star getting in her makeup? Makes no sense

Reactions: 9
If she knew SB was going to say put her in the corner why tell her about star getting in her makeup? Makes no sense
Dissociation! I’m sure a few of us have responded to these sorts of comments by now. She was not thinking clearly, did not have the benefit of hindsight. There are far more likely explanations, that we know from how we know abused people/parents act, than her purposely putting Star in a dangerous position.

Dissociation! I’m sure a few of us have responded to these sorts of comments by now. She was not thinking clearly, did not have the benefit of hindsight. There are far more likely explanations, that we know from how we know abused people/parents act, than her purposely putting Star in a dangerous position.
Why is everyone so abrupt with their replies on this thread recently?

Reactions: 9
Looking for approval. Trying to look like the strict parent SB wanted. Pulling her up on things to show SB what she wanted to hear.

Reactions: 12
Why is everyone so abrupt with their replies on this thread recently?
Probably frustrated because they’ve tried to explain it time and time again and are met with the same questions.

I think many people can’t comprehend it because they’ve never been in that situation before. It’s more of a rhetorical “why?”

Reactions: 12
Sorry for being abrupt, I didn’t mean to be. I did feel a bit exasperated, I should have taken a breath before posting.

• Heart
I’ve followed this thread from early on and It’s frustrating reading the same comments every few posts. To the people who keep asking the same questions, have you read all the transcripts? Because all the details are in there.

I’m sure the guy who’s writing these does a summary every day, perhaps it’s worth catching up on those? I know the transcripts are quite long, it takes me a while to catch up.

I firmly believed FS to be as bad as SB at the beginning I was quite vocal about it on here. Now that I’ve continued reading the transcripts/evidence we’ve been shown I’ve changed my mind. There is nothing wrong with changing your opinion when new facts come into play.

I’m not defending FS but it’s very clear she was in a very absuive relationship. If you speak to any DV survivor who’s got out they all say the same thing, they were controlled and not themselves, infact a shell of themselves. I’ve been through it too.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Sorry, I have read the transcripts, I promise but my memory is shocking - the Drs appointment that was made, did they take Star to it do we know?

Reactions: 2
“ZA: By that point had you ever seen Brockhill assault Star, or suspected the marks on Star were because of her assaulting her?

FS: No, she always had an explanation for them”

Sorry, I have read the transcripts, I promise but my memory is shocking - the Drs appointment that was made, did they take Star to it do we know?
I don’t think she did.

Reactions: 3
Why did SB hate this baby so much? Even when she wasn't there she wanted to make sure she was miserable.. So much for loving her so much because she was born on her mums birthday 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Sorry I didn’t mean my post as to say not ask anymore questions it’s just the same ones around DV and referring to Star as it which are springing to mind.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.