Sarah's Day #3 Racist comments greeted, BIPOC deleted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her campaigns always take "months of work"... What are they doing? They filmed these videos last week in her apartment with one other camera guy. Apart from coming up with the idea and the "script" how are her product reveals always so much work? It's not like they are actually filming a movie or various TV/ Internet spots with lots of people and scenes. It's always just Sarah, Kurt and maybe two others for light and stuff... The last campaign was filmed in her garage and at the beach (actions shots of just her in the collection running around).

Edit: And yes I think the "price" is pretty tit compared to how expensive her collections are. She could easily have done a give away or discounts.

Reactions: 17
lol yeah that’s the point it’s supposed to be all edgy and retro video game kinda vibes with her as a NPC guide thing
so its all edgy to mispronounce the time of your launch with effects? hahaha i can't with this dimwit

Reactions: 3
They can’t even light a candle without it being sponsored.

I can’t believe they worked so long in that campaign, boring, cringe and I’m pretty certain the clothes will crap.
I thought her house was filled with indigo flame candles?Did they stop sponsoring her?

Does anyone know of any instagrammers I can follow....that promote what Sarah thinks she is promoting? Health/holistic/fitness - preferably not up their own ass, doesn’t constantly moan, down to earth and relatable.

I need to take a step back from Miss Day. I think I’m only following her because i’m waiting for her to f up again. I just can’t stand how messed up she is but very loved and loaded for spouting bs all day long.
I enjoy Hannah Bower (hannahbower2). She has a son, Jaden who just turned 2 and is adorable. She is also expecting again. She doesn’t show holistic side, but she shows family and working out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I wonder if the collection was meant to launch all in one go the first time around, but with all the backlash due to the cultural appropriation they held back on half and came up with this other campaign to distract from the first one?

All that unlocking BS just to view clothes on a website... lol I agree with whoever said to offer a discount or free items to the first 30, what a lousy prize for her stans.

Lastly being “fit” and/or “busy” is not a personality trait! That’s all we ever hear from her, what a snooze. 😴

Reactions: 16
I haven't watched the campaign, so I'm a bit confused. Is the code a word? Still a chance this is a campaign doubling as a pregnancy announcement?

Reactions: 1
What are the new rules in Australia like? Are they in effect already? Would she have to disclose this? I mean obviously this is sponsored.
as far as i'm aware the new lock down restrictions are only for areas in Victoria - she lives in NSW so I don't think they are affected as of now. People in ceratin parts of Victoria are in full lock down for 6 weeks

Reactions: 1
Kurt, RUN before it's too late! Don't let yourself be handcuffed to this crazy.
If he marries her, that'll be the end to his life, autonomy, wishes, dreams. You can say goodbye to all that, Kurt.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
as far as i'm aware the new lock down restrictions are only for areas in Victoria - she lives in NSW so I don't think they are affected as of now. People in ceratin parts of Victoria are in full lock down for 6 weeks
I meant the advertising rules and such. I think there was a new law or something passed in Australia recently? I haven’t looked too much into it but if I understood correctly, everything needs to be disclosed (similar to the UK). Even if an item was just gifted and they’re not receiving a paycheck for it. Someone correct me if i’m wrong!
I was just thinking that she obviously is in a long term partnership with labang and probably receives paychecks from them etc. So I was wondering if she would have had to disclose those stories where she is talking about the candles.

EDIT: i’m just trying to find something about it online but i can’t find anything! Did i imagine this?? 😅 wasn’t sezza even tagged in a post relating to this? I’m confused now!

Reactions: 6
She's also offering a discount code on La Bang products, as if people can just randomly give those out lol Just be transparent for once in your life Sarah.

Edit: NVM, La Bang is offering the discount code. Sarah still needs to be transparent though 😆

Reactions: 4
I meant the advertising rules and such. I think there was a new law or something passed in Australia recently? I haven’t looked too much into it but if I understood correctly, everything needs to be disclosed (similar to the UK). Even if an item was just gifted and they’re not receiving a paycheck for it. Someone correct me if i’m wrong!
I was just thinking that she obviously is in a long term partnership with labang and probably receives paychecks from them etc. So I was wondering if she would have had to disclose those stories where she is talking about the candles.

EDIT: i’m just trying to find something about it online but i can’t find anything! Did i imagine this?? 😅 wasn’t sezza even tagged in a post relating to this? I’m confused now!
I seen someone post earlier regarding this I think they said it would take affect in August.

• Wow
Reactions: 5

Nope, in effect as of the 1st of July. I did post the link last week.

Someone also called her out on @soybabies post. I hope the she gets the same treatment as Simone Anderson. https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/news/n...mone-anderson-for-misleading-instagram-posts/
Reading it, it seems like it's just a Code of Practice and has no legal weight or framework - it mentions s18 of the ACL (misleading and deceptive conduct) as being the legal inspiration for it but I'm pretty sure Sarah's current practice of non-disclosure probably wouldn't be a breach of it. That said I would love to be corrected and be able to report her!

Reactions: 8

Nope, in effect as of the 1st of July. I did post the link last week.

Someone also called her out on @soybabies post. I hope the she gets the same treatment as Simone Anderson. https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/news/n...mone-anderson-for-misleading-instagram-posts/
I think those are just guidelines for best practice, not law. The only Consumer Law says it mustn’t be deceitful. We know Sarah makes a load of outlandish claims so potentially that could be classified as deceitful, but the lack of hashtags or indication of #gifted isn’t in law (hopefully just yet).

Reactions: 5
I wonder if the collection was meant to launch all in one go the first time around, but with all the backlash due to the cultural appropriation they held back on half and came up with this other campaign to distract from the first one?

All that unlocking BS just to view clothes on a website... lol I agree with whoever said to offer a discount or free items to the first 30, what a lousy prize for her stans.

Lastly being “fit” and/or “busy” is not a personality trait! That’s all we ever hear from her, what a snooze. 😴
I 10000% think it was supposed to be launched at the same time. Absolutely disgusting if Sarah, but are we surprised?

I think those are just guidelines for best practice, not law. The only Consumer Law says it mustn’t be deceitful. We know Sarah makes a load of outlandish claims so potentially that could be classified as deceitful, but the lack of hashtags or indication of #gifted isn’t in law (hopefully just yet).
The thing is I unfortunately don't think what Sarah does is deceitful within the scope of the law. As she's technically not telling anyone to buy the shadily sponsored products she's just telling her followers about some random skincare that she loves and uses everyday 🙄 The law is very clear that the deceit has to be in trade and commerce, I think the causal chain for Sarah is too far removed for the way the law currently operates.

What Australia needs is either new, clear laws drafted and/or a test case run under s18 of the ACL to determine whether that will cover it.

I think it was also. I'm sure in some of the behind the scenes stuff she was standing on like a turn table thing - which would match in with like a character in a game in new clothes.

• Heart
I thought her house was filled with indigo flame candles?Did they stop sponsoring her?
I’m 95% sure La Bang and Indigo Flame Or whatever it was called are/were the same company and they merged into the one name recently. I may be wrong though.

Did anyone else watch and cringe from embarrassment? I was surprised that she is in her late 20s!!! the way she carries on with her arms flapping everywhere and baby voice I though she was 21

additionally, fox needs social interaction with kids his own age. Imagine if they had a child with special needs who actually needed to be looked after.....actually I’d rather not think that because they would somehow make money off it.

Kurt used to be so attractive, healthy and glowing. Sarah has sucked the life out of him
I agree with you - i used to think Kurt was absolutely gorgeous..... but not anymore, she has aged him about 50 years :( xx

Last edited:
I watched a few of Elsas Wholesome Life you tube videos and gosh she is so likeable and responsible in the way she communicates her recipes and why she includes ingredients. It’s so mind boggling that Sarah can’t see that labelling foods and ingredients as “unhealthy” and making things that look so awful that the only explanation I can offer is an ingrained personal issue with food and eating. There are so many good example out there for her to emulate (copy, let’s be honest) that she has no excuse other than needing proper help.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.