Sarah's Day #21 Red Bull gifted, app ratings drifted, challenge is free except for the fee

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agree with so much already said upthread, about this thread often crossing the line, reaching, being niypicky in an unnecesarily cruel way.
However, did Sarah really think she could get upto 1 million+ followers and keep running her entire operation this way, with zero accountability and never having to course correct or "pivot" her image?
If she really thought that's possible, and is seeing this surge in criticism as a surprise, that's incredibly naiive of her. Shows how "sheltered" she is to think the world will always revolve around her and everyone will be okay with whatever she puts out. Shows just how much growing up she needs to do to weild the responsibility that comes with the platform and image she has created.

Reactions: 38
The hypocritical part of the safety issue is that they literally advertised their child and said come meet us and him to make people want to come to that retreat. And she posts him (even nude) all over the internet. Uses him to sell things.

But all that being said, It is absolutely not right if people send threats or are saying they will come to her wedding.

Reactions: 69
Well, your vibe attracts your tribe 🤷‍♀️ While I do not condone threats, I think its hard to have empathy for her when she has created this for herself through her own actions. She's fed her stans and enjoys how full on they are but then blocks and deletes them. That's the base id predict to send actual threats, heck we have seen them do it. She sends her stans after people now its back firing (if indeed the threats are real, which again I do not condone). She spreads negative and toxic "vibes" and now its coming back.

But also, we have seen her take a similar approach to every single 'saga' she's ever had. Its the same formula everytime. She's making herself the victim to drown out any valid criticism, to make her stans ask if she's ok and to go attack anyone who dares provide criticism. I know this because I was blocked for making a comment about how its impossible to skip breakfast (due to the name it was partly humorous) and then commented from another account about being blocked and then received DMs about how im horrible for commenting on her stuff and im just a troll etc from a couple of stans probably fuelled by Tahlia's stories. People on the fence will feel empathetic about the threats and not provide any feedback or will get worse with the tip toeing when providing feedback. Don't let her plan work.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
The fact that the "random boutique" had to promote themselves is next level disgusting...

• Heart
Reactions: 83
I think what frustrates me a bit is that if things are so bad for Sarah that Tahlia is making Insta stories about it then why hasn’t Sarah said anything? She always lets her fans or family fight her battles. If she feels like she’s being bullied come out and say something? All she’s posted about is her hair appointment..doesn’t seem to be very upset to me..

Reactions: 28
I think what frustrates me a bit is that if things are so bad for Sarah that Tahlia is making Insta stories about it then why hasn’t Sarah said anything? She always lets her fans or family fight her battles. If she feels like she’s being bullied come out and say something? All she’s posted about is her hair appointment..doesn’t seem to be very upset to me..
Just playing devil's advocate here (and by no means condoning the behaviour) but I think Sarah is staying silent because (as she has said numerous times before) she hates conflict and basically shuts down as soon as there is any conflict. I don't think it's a tactic per se, but if she really is feeling threatened/shellshocked, she would be wanting to completely recluse and I think in all honesty, disappear for a bit. I think she is keeping up on stories to distract herself and also not draw TOO much attention to herself (ie, how she always says that when she's not on stories everyone asks if she's ok).

I only say this because I reckon it's how I would react if I was feeling emotionally abused. But I'm not insta famous. If I had I decided that I wanted people to know me, and I wanted to share my life and be vulnerable, then I'd have to overcome that for myself so that I could front up and face controversy publicly. I know that some influencers, when they are surrounded by controversy, stay silent until they are actually ready to talk about it (ie Olivia Jade). But the important thing is that they take the time to address it, speak to their audience, apologise (if necessary), or in Sarah's case (and as others have mentioned), share how they are feeling, show the weakness so that the public can see the humanity in them, actually be real and raw.

I genuinely believe Sarah thinks she has done all she can in terms of apologising for her past controversies. Everything she has done is tokenistic, but she at least has it to fall back on if someone brings up the braids or BLM, ie. "did you not see my YouTube video apologising/my instagram highlight showcasing what I have learnt about BLM?". I think this is where there is a gap between her reality and our reality. And she refuses to bridge that gap, she calls that gap the "haters" and she "rises above"/ignores/blocks that.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I bet she’s getting a lot of these messages and she probably won’t read it...
6968247F-E7C8-4722-BE17-841A0DA20904.png

• Heart
Reactions: 71
The fact that the "random boutique" had to promote themselves is next level disgusting...
I agree, it’s really not that hard to tag a brand if people are asking where they’re from. It’s actually embarrassing that she refuses to acknowledge a company unless she’s getting paid for it. If she can go to the effort of replying to comments saying it was from a random boutique, then she can go to the effort of literally just tagging the brand. She knew exactly where they were from. What a sad life lying about tit like that

Are you in the mood for some sloppy brown vomit with authentic little chunks mixed through it? Here you go then.
Umm “butter”? Why’s it runny? Tf

Reactions: 33
Just playing devil's advocate here (and by no means condoning the behaviour) but I think Sarah is staying silent because (as she has said numerous times before) she hates conflict and basically shuts down as soon as there is any conflict. I don't think it's a tactic per se, but if she really is feeling threatened/shellshocked, she would be wanting to completely recluse and I think in all honesty, disappear for a bit. I think she is keeping up on stories to distract herself and also not draw TOO much attention to herself (ie, how she always says that when she's not on stories everyone asks if she's ok).

I only say this because I reckon it's how I would react if I was feeling emotionally abused. But I'm not insta famous. If I had I decided that I wanted people to know me, and I wanted to share my life and be vulnerable, then I'd have to overcome that for myself so that I could front up and face controversy publicly. I know that some influencers, when they are surrounded by controversy, stay silent until they are actually ready to talk about it (ie Olivia Jade). But the important thing is that they take the time to address it, speak to their audience, apologise (if necessary), or in Sarah's case (and as others have mentioned), share how they are feeling, show the weakness so that the public can see the humanity in them, actually be real and raw.

I genuinely believe Sarah thinks she has done all she can in terms of apologising for her past controversies. Everything she has done is tokenistic, but she at least has it to fall back on if someone brings up the braids or BLM, ie. "did you not see my YouTube video apologising/my instagram highlight showcasing what I have learnt about BLM?". I think this is where there is a gap between her reality and our reality. And she refuses to bridge that gap, she calls that gap the "haters" and she "rises above"/ignores/blocks that.
I honestly think she doesn’t say anything on her own Instagram for the same reason she deletes and block anyone that doesn’t lick her ass. If she specifies about the hate she is getting, people will question it. She can’t talk about the “hate” (criticism) she receives because she would have to admit that her business is a failure and people are giving her tit for it. She would have to admit that she is problematic.
She is only silent today cause she wants people to think “aw poor Sarah, poor thing is so affected that she hasn’t even posted today”. But no doubt she’ll be back tomorrow pretending to be a ray of sunshine because act confident and no one will question you right?
I am convinced she hasn’t received threats, otherwise we would have found or seen something as we always do.
I doubt that someone who receives threats (not hate, but threats) would be comfortable sharing their location at every hour of the day, so no, I don’t buy it. And if she does receive threats then she mustn’t be very worried..

• Heart
Reactions: 37
no they’re not being sexists. Kurts name starts with a K which comes before S. so yes, Kurts name should come first. not his fault his parents named him that.
but the OP referenced tradition implying his name should be first because he is a man. Not because his name starts with a K lol.

Reactions: 15

I understand what you're saying but I honestly think she gets off over that concern. Her being silent now is fueling her fans concerns after Tahlias rant and I feel like she loves it.

I also think she doesn't feel the need to do more because she feels above it. If she hadn't made that rise above video I'd be more inclined to agree with you but that video said it all to me. Also, like I said before she's done this everytime and it keeps working for her. Either way she isn't improving you'd think if she really hated it she'd do better to actually avoid it.

Obviously this is just my perception and I don't know exactly what goes on in her head. Ita interesting to see how different people perceive the same actions.

Reactions: 21
None of us can know the truth of these ‘threats’ without any evidence.... but knowing the mindset of these clowns, negativity is spun into a narrative that makes them into victims. It’s quite likely that Scuzzy is getting a lot of disgruntled feedback due to all the glitches related to Sunee, and their ‘any criticism is haterzz’ attitude means they represent it in this overly dramatic fashion. I mean why else would they be getting “threats”??? Their product is a steaming pile of tit, people are desperate to get a response and they just get blocked instead so they are saying they’re going to report them to wherever. That’s the only context that makes logical sense, and they can’t handle being called out on it.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I understand what you're saying but I honestly think she gets off over that concern. Her being silent now is fueling her fans concerns after Tahlias rant and I feel like she loves it.

I also think she doesn't feel the need to do more because she feels above it. If she hadn't made that rise above video I'd be more inclined to agree with you but that video said it all to me. Also, like I said before she's done this everytime and it keeps working for her. Either way she isn't improving you'd think if she really hated it she'd do better to actually avoid it.

Obviously this is just my perception and I don't know exactly what goes on in her head. Ita interesting to see how different people perceive the same actions.
Agree with you on her not thinking she needs to do more, and yes the rise above campaign was proof that she missed the point completely, that’s kinda what I meant by her reality vs our reality.
And you could be totally right about her getting off on people’s concern over her. Maybe I’m just too trusting 😂

Reactions: 9
I’m so torn about the Tahlia thing. On the one hand, I think that I feel sorry for Sarah. I have noticed her looking gaunt lately and I can imagine behind the scenes that she’s probably crying a lot about Sunee. I mean yeah she has stans but her 1 star reviews far outweigh the 5 star ones and I’m sure she never anticipated that. I didn’t tbh. I thought there’d be some bad comments but definitely not the majority. I think too that she doesn’t seem to take joy in her influencing anymore. Even her Labang product ad the other day and now the WhiteFox stan ad seem to have less and less of her. I can’t actually remember the last time she looked happy in her stories. She just seems deflated and for someone that did used to come across naturally happy in her old, old vlogs, that’s sad to me.
BUT. Then I think about the huge million dollar house she lives in, the fact that she drives a Range Rover and the fact that she shills unethical, unqualified products to fund her lifestyle and then complain when she’s held accountable, that’s when I struggle to keep feeling sorry for her.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 68
Agree with you on her not thinking she needs to do more, and yes the rise above campaign was proof that she missed the point completely, that’s kinda what I meant by her reality vs our reality.
And you could be totally right about her getting off on people’s concern over her. Maybe I’m just too trusting 😂
Yeah I think when I read your comment I just felt you meant she thought she was being nice whereas I think she thinks she's above it all and can do whatever she wants. Which I guess is still her reality vs ours 🤣o

I’m so torn about the Tahlia thing. On the one hand, I think that I feel sorry for Sarah. I have noticed her looking gaunt lately and I can imagine behind the scenes that she’s probably crying a lot about Sunee. I mean yeah she has stans but her 1 star reviews far outweigh the 5 star ones and I’m sure she never anticipated that. I didn’t tbh. I thought there’d be some bad comments but definitely not the majority. I think too that she doesn’t seem to take joy in her influencing anymore. Even her Labang product ad the other day and now the WhiteFox stan ad seem to have less and less of her. I can’t actually remember the last time she looked happy in her stories. She just seems deflated and for someone that did used to come across naturally happy in her old, old vlogs, that’s sad to me.
BUT. Then I think about the huge million dollar house she lives in, the fact that she drives a Range Rover and the fact that she shills unethical, unqualified products to fund her lifestyle and then complain when she’s held accountable, that’s when I struggle to keep feeling sorry for her.
Honestly though, those reviews and her unhappiness are all no fault but her own, maybe im heartless but I don't have the energy to be empathetic to someone causing their own misery when they have all the resources at their fingertips.

Completely agree that she's unhappy. I think its because she started to care only about the money many years ago. I really wish she would have put more effort into sunee and just give up youtube etc but on the other hand I personally feel even just her app is full of dangerous messages not just terrible recipes. As much as I don't empathise I don't wish her unhappiness I think her leaving her platform benefits everyone.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.