Sarah - This Mama Life #4 Stands like a man, whilst grinning for the ‘gram’

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wondered if her mum is already coming down as she keeps referencing granny when talking about Mother’s Day as if she is going to be seeing her.

Reactions: 1
And now cafes ect have closed, things could get intresting here if she has the kids home! She doesnt know how to be with them and once Robs gone shes gonna be up tit creek without a paddle!

Reactions: 5
She probably doesn’t mind keep I at home, it’s L she’s terrified of looking after.

She will fully loose her tit if she has to have both the kids at home on her own for any length of time.

To be fair I actually feel bad for her. I mean no matter what anyone says, nobody would want to work from home with a 3 year old and 6 year old who are also stuck inside for the full week, whilst your husband is deployed for 6 months at the same time.

To be fair I actually feel bad for her. I mean no matter what anyone says, nobody would want to work from home with a 3 year old and 6 year old who are also stuck inside for the full week, whilst your husband is deployed for 6 months at the same time.
lots of other people are in the same situation or worse. It’s never going to happen anyway, she will have her mother down as soon as she possibly can.

Reactions: 6
At least she has a job! Rob too. She won’t have any money worries like the rest of the world has. She should be thanking her lucky stars that she has a safe home for her kids & will get paid to enjoy so much more time with them. I’m sure many frontline NHS workers, retailers etc would love to be at home with their kids & families but can’t. She’s an unnatural, freak of a woman. 😡

Reactions: 12
At least she has a job! Rob too. She won’t have any money worries like the rest of the world has. She should be thanking her lucky stars that she has a safe home for her kids & will get paid to enjoy so much more time with them. I’m sure many frontline NHS workers, retailers etc would love to be at home with their kids & families but can’t. She’s an unnatural, freak of a woman. 😡
👏👏👏👏

Reactions: 2
I am fortunate that I can work from home, I know many others cannot and have lost their jobs. I have an 8 and 3 year old, it's going to be very very testing but I will take it day by day. The guidance I have been given from school and nursery is frontline staff who re directly involved in the fight against the virus. We have been told very clearly that settings will only care for children where it is absolutely necessary, as some childrens parents are directly involved with the virus meaning the settings will.be high risk for all. Our school is checking each application carefully and treating them case by case, they are also looking at times required and whether they could be shortened. In my eyes these places are for frontline workers who have absolutely no other option because they are putting themselves out there to fight this disease. Sarah can and should work from home and leave places available.

Reactions: 7
A friend who is a nurse has been turned down because her husband is a self employed plumber, still has jobs in but who knows for how long. He is the main breadwinner and they will be in financial ruin if they have to live off her nursing wage. I will be furious if a MOD pen pusher is given school / nursery places when she can do her job from home, she does it on insert days.

Her role is not frontline. If she didn't work for a month, even two it would make sod all different. Yes, it will be very hard for her working from home but cut out the amount of time she fanny abouts with stories and youtube. Work temporarily part time or work early in the morning in the evenings. It is not ideal but these are not ideal times.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Isla’s school is being fairly strict about places. They have asked for exact hours and days and some parents have withdrawn their requests. Even if Sarah did get a place for Isla she would still have to have her on Thursdays and Fridays. They’ve also said that actual teaching will be very limited and it’s more just supervising the kids.

How long until Sarah uses this as an opportunity to sell that #gifted air purifier?!

Isla’s school is being fairly strict about places. They have asked for exact hours and days and some parents have withdrawn their requests. Even if Sarah did get a place for Isla she would still have to have her on Thursdays and Fridays. They’ve also said that actual teaching will be very limited and it’s more just supervising the kids.

How long until Sarah uses this as an opportunity to sell that #gifted air purifier?!
I doubt L's nursery is being as strict. Seem theyre all about the money!

Both parents need to be front line staff so unless she goes and gets a job in Tesco stacking shelves instead of trying to flog tit for Mother’s Day she will just have to look after her own kids for once without daily trips to costa.
This isn’t correct. I work in a customer services call centre and I’m classed as a key worker because of the goods we sell being classed as vital to the public (white goods). I’m by no means front line staff but as per government guidelines, my job is deemed necessary 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 3
This isn’t correct. I work in a customer services call centre and I’m classed as a key worker because of the goods we sell being classed as vital to the public (white goods). I’m by no means front line staff but as per government guidelines, my job is deemed necessary 🤷🏼‍♀️
Are you trying to flog Mother’s Day flowers from a major supermarket in the wake of a global pandemic when many people especially the elderly cannot find food to buy!! Any one with any sense would have contacted Tesco and told them they did not want to run the advert on their page in light of what is currently happening in the world. Not tone deaf Sarah. Most parents are worried about keeping their kids safe and a roof over their heads over the next year NOT if they get a bunch of flowers for Mother’s Day this year.

My comment was nothing to do with your specific circumstances! Where I am only category 1 key workers are eligible for childcare provisions in a council with a population of over 200k there is 340 places.

SHE works part time and can do that from home - there is no reason for her to require childcare reserved for key workers regardless of what job she does!

Reactions: 6
If a parent is at a home, the child MUST remain at home. Anyone who can work from home will working from home.

Reactions: 3
Are you trying to flog Mother’s Day flowers from a major supermarket in the wake of a global pandemic when many people especially the elderly cannot find food to buy!! Any one with any sense would have contacted Tesco and told them they did not want to run the advert on their page in light of what is currently happening in the world. Not tone deaf Sarah. Most parents are worried about keeping their kids safe and a roof over their heads over the next year NOT if they get a bunch of flowers for Mother’s Day this year.

My comment was nothing to do with your specific circumstances! Where I am only category 1 key workers are eligible for childcare provisions in a council with a population of over 200k there is 340 places.

SHE works part time and can do that from home - there is no reason for her to require childcare reserved for key workers regardless of what job she does!
I completely agree. I was just saying it wasn’t correct that both parents have to be key workers.

Reactions: 2
I completely agree. I was just saying it wasn’t correct that both parents have to be key workers.
Some places require both! Just wait until Monday when the schools are in chaos when 1000’s of kids turn up to school because lazy parents taking the piss can’t be bothered to look after their kids while working at home and it will soon change!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.