Sarah This Mama Life #22 Sinbad at sea, here comes her childcare plea, still thinks she can cope with 3.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Got invited to a wedding in September for a family member on my husbands side. It's during the week, we politly declined as the children will be at school.

I feel Sarah can't say no to anything, she definitely gets FOMO

Reactions: 8
I find it really weird and uncomfortable that she posts so much. All that’s missing is the content of their letters or emails. I am genuinely worried for her. If this was a friend in real life, I’d have to check on them.

She urgently needs to reduce the burden of unnecessary things. Doing super human amounts of stuff doesn’t make you a better parent or a more effective Military Wife.

If she would cut out the crazy need to update the world on absurd details of her life, cancel all non medical appointments, postpone Brand Work for a few months, and only go to one kids activity per kid a week, she would be much less frantic. Rotate what they miss so they don’t lose their spot, then work out which to drop by seeing which they missed least.

Then she’d have time to think and relax and connect and cook!

Reactions: 7
I find it really weird and uncomfortable that she posts so much. All that’s missing is the content of their letters or emails. I am genuinely worried for her. If this was a friend in real life, I’d have to check on them.

She urgently needs to reduce the burden of unnecessary things. Doing super human amounts of stuff doesn’t make you a better parent or a more effective Military Wife.

If she would cut out the crazy need to update the world on absurd details of her life, cancel all non medical appointments, postpone Brand Work for a few months, and only go to one kids activity per kid a week, she would be much less frantic. Rotate what they miss so they don’t lose their spot, then work out which to drop by seeing which they missed least.

Then she’d have time to think and relax and connect and cook!
But that’s just it; she doesn’t WANT time to think. She deliberately lives her life like this in order to escape from whatever it is in her head that’s gone so badly wrong. Her behaviour is a symptom of her obvious mental ill health.

Reactions: 14
But that’s just it; she doesn’t WANT time to think. She deliberately lives her life like this in order to escape from whatever it is in her head that’s gone so badly wrong. Her behaviour is a symptom of her obvious mental ill health.
I think you’re right Betty. She wants to be seen so badly. And she’s trying to do what looks like top mum stuff, but she’s missing the really important stuff.

Of course we are all guilty of that sometimes, but hopefully have the sense to reflect and change course when it is needed. It’s ok to get things wrong, but she just digs in and carries on!

…and she needs to pull Lachlan’s kilt higher up!

Reactions: 3
I don’t agree with her taking the kids out of school. But I also don’t think taking the kids to Scotland for half term is a bad thing. I would do the same in her position!

I know I look like I’m all for the Sarah show. But I also can’t get het up about more time off missed at school. I wouldn’t like my children to miss that much, but I also don’t believe in the school system (having just left my job in education last week after 12 years).
Family is much more important. Sarah can deal with the repercussions as the kids get older.

Yes totally agree. In Scotland it's not even a thing where absences go unauthorised. If there's one thing covid has taught people it's that there's more ways than ever to learn and catch up. And that time is so precious.

I do hope but don't suppose she is that she seeks rhe right support for L and I whilst away on the parts they struggle with

Reactions: 2
Yes totally agree. In Scotland it's not even a thing where absences go unauthorised. If there's one thing covid has taught people it's that there's more ways than ever to learn and catch up. And that time is so precious.

I do hope but don't suppose she is that she seeks rhe right support for L and I whilst away on the parts they struggle with
Didnt Isla have a tutor at one point?

Reactions: 1
Doesn’t Scotland have a system where each child has an “advocate” allocated from birth, supposedly to be a person there for the child to help parents? Maybe Sarah should move back? Someone might actually stand up for and support those kids… 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Doesn’t Scotland have a system where each child has an “advocate” allocated from birth, supposedly to be a person there for the child to help parents? Maybe Sarah should move back? Someone might actually stand up for and support those kids… 🤦‍♀️
nope, not sure what you are thinking of there but no, such a thing doesn’t exist

Reactions: 2
They never rolled that out in the end. There was too much uproar about it.

Lachlan, if you have promised you mummy “Scottish kisses” 🙄🤦🏼‍♀️ Then please make it a bleeping Glasgow kiss 😂

Attachments

• Haha
nope, not sure what you are thinking of there but no, such a thing doesn’t exist
I think you might be thinking of the ‘named person’ scheme that was talked about but not fully rolled out so we have the Health Visitor till they start school then the Head Teacher, school would discuss behaviour in school but unless anything was flagged up and perhaps social services had concerns and appointed someone to work with the family then they are just left. I think it would take someone working directly with Sarah as it’s her mental health that seems to be the root of any issues we see. So I guess unless she talks to her doctor then it all goes under the radar.

Reactions: 5
My kids go to the same school as Sarah’s, never had a single day off and we weren’t allowed to take them out of school for ONE day to extend a weekend break with the family. Both my kids are excelling in all aspects of school as well. It’s baffling how Sarah manages to get her kids so much time out of school. She must really play the military card a lot!

Reactions: 11
They never rolled that out in the end. There was too much uproar about it.

Lachlan, if you have promised you mummy “Scottish kisses” 🙄🤦🏼‍♀️ Then please make it a bleeping Glasgow kiss 😂
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Also…..

WTF has she dressed Isla in?! Old curtains??!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Excuse me, but she seems to be driving up during the day 😱
The kids might talk to her and ask questions during the journey!
This isn’t right, there must be some kind of catch.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I hope she got permission to show Isla’s friend off like that.

Also quick question, what the absolute duck does she mean by “Scottish kisses”?!

Reactions: 5
I find her actions so odd. Taken a days leave to travel up to Scotland? Why not leave on a Sunday so that if she is taking the day off she uses it to be present with her kids and parents rather than wasting it to drive the length of the country. Tomorrow will she be hiding in her parents spare room working, leaving her parents to do all the childcare?

Not that I think she should have taken her kids out of school for a week so she can go to a bloody wedding. No logic in that decision whatsoever.

So many accidents, adding time and she has plans for dinner.

I do hope those drivers considered Sarah's dinner plans before possibly becoming seriously hurt/damaging their cars/worrying their families no end!

🙄

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.