Sarah Burke #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it not strange to have so many pictures of your x on your Facebook page... Like plastered all over 🧐... Or is that the norm these days
Yeah it's normal enough not to delete things when you are a grown up lol. Deleting things doesn't mean it didn't happen 🤣

Reactions: 4
Not too grown up when she keeps having a dig at him... Jmo
It's just his profile pics with her I can see as they are public. If I was fb friends with him I'm sure scrolling down you wouldn't see anything regarding her as they are all old.

Reactions: 2
He can’t really pretend she didn’t happen she’s the mother of his child. Speaks volumes to be honest compared to her with her childish digs
It's just his profile pics with her I can see as they are public. If I was fb friends with him I'm sure scrolling down you wouldn't see anything regarding her as they are all old.

Reactions: 5
Is this one still alive or what's the craic...Brian's relationship status update must have left her punch drunk.

Reactions: 7
Good for her taking a break, the whole act of I'm fine,look at me dance was painful to watch

Reactions: 10
b33f87b6-023d-407e-b1f1-65b71f01e0e8.png
Wednesday evening I decided my life was just so busy I needed a break.
Between Social Media , various apps , notifications every 2 minutes, Working 30-40 hours in 3 days , eyes on the laptop morning noon & night , making sure all my gorgeous members are looked after & being a mom, it was all just a bit overwhelming. I suppose I felt I was always needed by so many & I felt I never had time off. Proper time off. Working from home Im sure you will agree , lunch breaks etc they never really happen. If anything we are working more now than we did in the physical work place. I would give anything for a holiday , wouldn't we all?

My phone doesn't stop!! Im sure yours is the same
So I switched off my data & I unplugged the wifi! Disconnected from the online world.
I didn't tell anyone I was doing this.

For the simple reason just because my data & wifi was off , my phone can still receive calls & sms messages. I could still be contacted. So If I was REALLY needed a call would be made to my phone.
Sounds funny right but I find we use our phones so much , no one rings anyone anymore its all sharing of links , voice notes , tagging. No one actually talks to anyone anymore, its like we are too busy. Well thats how I felt. It wasn't a test or anything like that it was more along the lines of when I am really needed then I will be contacted? Does that make sense?? Because I felt I was needed all the time by so many. Think of it , one of my sisters hadn't my phone number. Not her fault nor mine but we rely so much on social media and apps for contacting we don't make calls or texts. I just feel we spend so much of our time sending things to each other & it takes up more time than actually having that phonecall. That phonecall most definitely can make the difference to someones day. Whens the last time you made a call to a family member or friend to chat , just chat , not about what you seen not about what you heard but about each other , a simple how are you?
I even felt with my own family we would send so much to each other but at the end of the day I felt we didn't even speak to each other at all.
So I've lived the Nokia 3210 life the last 4 days & although I know I have to switch it back on I really am enjoying not having any contact apart from a phone call or an sms. Its going to happen every so often for me.
We become consumed with the online world. What this one is doing what that one is doing. All while forgetting our own life , our own family & friends. Even Luke , I felt I was either working or on my phone. Where as now I've learned its okay to switch the Data & wifi off while we have time on our own because again if Im needed they will ring my phone if not then its not important & it can wait.
Don't get me wrong I LOVE social media but I definitely love the break I've had.
It was for no other reason apart from the fact life gets so so busy everyone forgets to take a little time away from the virtual world & breath.
People speculate straight away , Chinese whispers to where Sarah went, what happened.
What happened was she wanted to be.
I recommend everyone try it, even if it is for an hour while you take the kids out , maybe spend time with your partner or family. Turn off the Data & wifi. Enjoy the moments with them. Don't be afraid to miss out on what's going on in others lives, fall back in love with your own & you won't be worried about that. If anything you will enjoy the cuppa tea & scroll after you spend that time with them.Take your pictures videos etc but the posting can wait , embrace the moments in your own life.

I will switch it back on later tonight Im looking forward to having the chats with ye but Im so glad I now realise its okay to switch it off. Its Okay to just be. If Im Really needed I can be contacted.
Im so refreshed. Nokia 3210 life its been great & I will be back every so often,
Sarah x

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
Between Social Media , various apps , notifications every 2 minutes, Working 30-40 hours in 3 days , eyes on the laptop morning noon & night , making sure all my gorgeous members are looked after & being a mom, it was all just a bit overwhelming. I suppose I felt I was always needed by so many & I felt I never had time off. Proper time off. Working from home Im sure you will agree , lunch breaks etc they never really happen. If anything we are working more now than we did in the physical work place. I would give anything for a holiday , wouldn't we all?

So I switched off my data & I unplugged the wifi! Disconnected from the online world.

For the simple reason just because my data & wifi was off , my phone can still receive calls & sms messages. I could still be contacted. So If I was REALLY needed a call would be made to my phone.
Sounds funny right but I find we use our phones so much , no one rings anyone anymore its all sharing of links , voice notes , tagging. No one actually talks to anyone anymore, its like we are too busy. Well thats how I felt. It wasn't a test or anything like that it was more along the lines of when I am really needed then I will be contacted? Does that make sense?? Because I felt I was needed all the time by so many. Think of it , one of my sisters hadn't my phone number. Not her fault nor mine but we rely so much on social media and apps for contacting we don't make calls or texts. I just feel we spend so much of our time sending things to each other & it takes up more time than actually having that phonecall. That phonecall most definitely can make the difference to someones day. Whens the last time you made a call to a family member or friend to chat , just chat , not about what you seen not about what you heard but about each other , a simple how are you?
I even felt with my own family we would send so much to each other but at the end of the day I felt we didn't even speak to each other at all.
So I've lived the Nokia 3210 life the last 4 days & although I know I have to switch it back on I really am enjoying not having any contact apart from a phone call or an sms. Its going to happen every so often for me.
We become consumed with the online world. What this one is doing what that one is doing. All while forgetting our own life , our own family & friends. Even Luke , I felt I was either working or on my phone. Where as now I've learned its okay to switch the Data & wifi off while we have time on our own because again if Im needed they will ring my phone if not then its not important & it can wait.
Don't get me wrong I LOVE social media but I definitely love the break I've had.
It was for no other reason apart from the fact life gets so so busy everyone forgets to take a little time away from the virtual world & breath.
People speculate straight away , Chinese whispers to where Sarah went, what happened.
I recommend everyone try it, even if it is for an hour while you take the kids out , maybe spend time with your partner or family. Turn off the Data & wifi. Enjoy the moments with them. Don't be afraid to miss out on what's going on in others lives, fall back in love with your own & you won't be worried about that. If anything you will enjoy the cuppa tea & scroll after you spend that time with them.Take your pictures videos etc but the posting can wait , embrace the moments in your own life.

I will switch it back on later tonight Im looking forward to having the chats with ye but Im so glad I now realise its okay to switch it off. Its Okay to just be. If Im Really needed I can be contacted.
Im so refreshed. Nokia 3210 life its been great & I will be back every so often,
Sarah x
One word for that...... delusional

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I took some time off line and I didn’t want attention. So here’s a big long email to hundreds or thousands of strangers because I didn’t get enough attention while I was off and I need to make a dig at those friends who didn’t even send a text during the week.... ok Sarah. We get it

Reactions: 15

Sarah x
Do she not realize is normal ppl do switch off every day we do have those moments with our kids after cooking cleaning etc we don’t be glued to our phones maybe wen there in bed yes but during the day it’s them and our job and house work, I’m on here nosing while my son is running around a filed with a football

Reactions: 6

Sarah x
Can she not take a few days off her phone without thinking she invented the wheel? It’s weird not to have a siblings mobile number. I’ve never spent so much time calling and texting friends and family as I have in the last 12 months checking in & just talking. Influencers make huge deals out of really mundane stuff.

Reactions: 16
Is she off her head? Does she think she think she is a mental health expert now? She is off social media a few days, who actually gives a toss. She is definitely living in a different universe. I wish I only had her problems, about what to eat everyday. She did the sane before, a big announcement, that she was taking a few days off, serious notions the girl has.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.