Housebywhitehorns - Sarah Battle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why does she send out her duvet and sheets for ironing??! Over 12€ for 2 sheets and 3 duvet covers.. She must have more money than sense! She's always changing the beds too. And that's just to iron them!! . I'm assuming she has a tumble dryer, I fold mine out of the dryer and they're grand. I guess it's all for the gram though..god forbid there would be a crease on show!

Reactions: 2
Her twins are adorable! It's lovely to see the interaction between them.

I like Sarah she has expensive taste but maybe that is her target audience? She seems to be very well mannered compared to a lot of them. I don't see why she has to share anything to do with the husbands work/business? She did say during the summer she had two older teenagers helping out with the seniors (Children) and her family live close by and her sister came home from The Middle East to help her out initially?

Herself, Cherington House, A housebythetrees and HouseofGoose are all Insta pals and they were all at some awards in 2019 together.
They comment on each others posts etc., 3 out of 4 of them had a collab/gift/ad with the Robotic Lawn Mower lawnmower and one is always showing us the husband having to cut the grass...

They are all nice accounts but the children are shown way to much on social media. How are they going to approach it in a few years when their kids want snapchat etc. when they have seen mum for years filming them and putting it out to big audience? I wonder have they thought it all through?

Reactions: 5
So glad I found this thread!
I follow all these ‘insta’ perfect house accounts abd have a LOT to say about them!
Just marking my spot here so it shows up on my feed for after work later ✌🏻✌🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 17
All in all I like her page. I kinda like that she’s a bit vanilla, I’ll take that any day over ones riding themselves into their phones or ones moaning about their kids 24/7. These house pages are huge at the moment, home improvements in general massive at the moment. With Covid ppl who are lucky enough to be working are putting what they’d have spent on hols etc. into the house.
No mystery as to why she changes the house up so much, content, content, content!!!!
Like a MUA constantly buying makeup!!!!! Shes going to stay changing up the house. Love her home and she has a beautiful family.
Only thing I’m not into is the Spotlight shite etc., but I completely get it, it’s for the mula. As noted previously the husband works in events so they must be seriously impacted so being honest I’d probably start selling the old spotlight myself :)
In relation to a nanny she said she had two local teenage girls who helped out during the summer with the kids. She also said big help that husband is at home at the moment.

Reactions: 3
I don’t know, there is a sadness or unhappiness behind these accounts, a constant need for approval or to show off, despite having so much they never seem satisfied, content or happy with their current situation always wanting to do this or that despite having beautiful homes. They are showing god knows who everything about their kids every day from illness to their first milestones, tantrums, likes dislikes .. with Sarah the twins were only a day old and up on the grid, did every random stranger on Instagram need to see them in those precious sacred hours. Where mum and babies should be bonding was mum thinking about Instagram content and what to post. Surely even bloggers take a few day’s maternity leave. But no it was business as usual with posting. I think that with this particular set of Instagrammers, its not about the money it’s more about the fame and the adoration and the “look at me”
I’ll never understand why anyone would want to share every aspect of their family / home life in front of thousands every day. It makes me cringe at the thought, There is definitely a want or unhappiness there ..

Reactions: 13
The pillars for their house could have cost close to €20k

Is there a thread for Triona? She loves the limelight. She used to have a blog when they were in the UK. Her house is nice but I think she has a lot of regrets about the design. She also was a bit sour when Sarah Battle did some recent skin care adverts. Her stories were very passive aggressive suggesting brands should send her skincare products. She would love more adverts. I hate she shows the kids continuously. It’s lazy posting.

There is an American Instagram account I follow. My Texas House. She has huge following. 577k. She only shows her house, her dog & recently her husband. She hardly ever shows her kids. I think this is more responsible approach
Ya i totally felt that sourness
Why does she send out her duvet and sheets for ironing??! Over 12€ for 2 sheets and 3 duvet covers.. She must have more money than sense! She's always changing the beds too. And that's just to iron them!! . I'm assuming she has a tumble dryer, I fold mine out of the dryer and they're grand. I guess it's all for the gram though..god forbid there would be a crease on show!
I think they're always creases especially the pillows....thats the laugh.... Does she either send them to be dry cleaned.... I don't believe a word of it... If she does, she'd want to be getting her money back vk 🤣🤣

So glad I found this thread!
I follow all these ‘insta’ perfect house accounts abd have a LOT to say about them!
Just marking my spot here so it shows up on my feed for after work later ✌🏻✌🏻
Just puttin kettle on🤣🤣

I don’t know, there is a sadness or unhappiness behind these accounts, a constant need for approval or to show off, despite having so much they never seem satisfied, content or happy with their current situation always wanting to do this or that despite having beautiful homes. They are showing god knows who everything about their kids every day from illness to their first milestones, tantrums, likes dislikes .. with Sarah the twins were only a day old and up on the grid, did every random stranger on Instagram need to see them in those precious sacred hours. Where mum and babies should be bonding was mum thinking about Instagram content and what to post. Surely even bloggers take a few day’s maternity leave. But no it was business as usual with posting. I think that with this particular set of Instagrammers, its not about the money it’s more about the fame and the adoration and the “look at me”
I’ll never understand why anyone would want to share every aspect of their family / home life in front of thousands every day. It makes me cringe at the thought, There is definitely a want or unhappiness there ..
Absolutely "spot... light" on!!! How would kd you be able to be grammin away and two new babies.... I was shocked we didnt go through labour with her!

I totally agree its more than the money there... You can make money and not tell. People. How xxs is too big for ya and you on the way to gave twins!!!!!

I think theres a deep sadness there like a want for something.... Dressing up everyday... Showing everything you do like literallly.... No amount of money in the world would pay me to carry on like that... It`ll all die down though and in 5 years it'll be like omg i sprawled every inch of my life over the Internet there forever!!!

I dont actually even look at any of them anymore, its so weird now!

Absolutely "spot... light" on!!! How would kd you be able to be grammin away and two new babies.... I was shocked we didnt go through labour with her!

I totally agree its more than the money there... You can make money and not tell. People. How xxs is too big for ya and you on the way to gave twins!!!!!

I think theres a deep sadness there like a want for something.... Dressing up everyday... Showing everything you do like literallly.... No amount of money in the world would pay me to carry on like that... It`ll all die down though and in 5 years it'll be like omg i sprawled every inch of my life over the Internet there forever!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Ya i totally felt that sourness

I think they're always creases especially the pillows....thats the laugh.... Does she either send them to be dry cleaned.... I don't believe a word of it... If she does, she'd want to be getting her money back vk 🤣🤣

Just puttin kettle on🤣🤣

Isn't it weird, I have stopped watching so many accounts in the past year because they literally offer me nothing. Anyone I do follow, I like because they are funny and make me laugh.
My 8 yr old asked me the other day what was Instagram about and I was making a sandwich at the time and I talked my way through how I was making the sandwich and I told her that was what Instagram was, loads of people talking you through the most mundane things like we didn't already know how to do them!!!

I've followed one or two from the start but honestly they all just merged into one beige ( admittedly pretty) blur. I actually think that they are damaging to people's mental health too.. Let's face it 95 percent of the country live in really normal, lived in, lovely homes.. Not some sort of perfect instagramable gaff.. I actually could be an expert on some of the homes in a round of challenging times. I know every inch of some of their houses.. Imagine thousands of strangers knowing your kids names, what their bedrooms are like and every nook and cranny of your home. It's not right and no free robotic lawnmower could convince me otherwise.. Give me my 200 odd followers, private acc any day

Reactions: 7
Isn't it weird, I have stopped watching so many accounts in the past year because they literally offer me nothing. Anyone I do follow, I like because they are funny and make me laugh.
My 8 yr old asked me the other day what was Instagram about and I was making a sandwich at the time and I talked my way through how I was making the sandwich and I told her that was what Instagram was, loads of people talking you through the most mundane things like we didn't already know how to do them!!!
Hahahaa exactly like imagine before you made the sandwich setting up your phone to document it 🤣🤣🤣 omg like when you actually break it down.... What the actual duck?

I just cant understand why people think anyone cared what you cook for dinner....

I've followed one or two from the start but honestly they all just merged into one beige ( admittedly pretty) blur. I actually think that they are damaging to people's mental health too.. Let's face it 95 percent of the country live in really normal, lived in, lovely homes.. Not some sort of perfect instagramable gaff.. I actually could be an expert on some of the homes in a round of challenging times. I know every inch of some of their houses.. Imagine thousands of strangers knowing your kids names, what their bedrooms are like and every nook and cranny of your home. It's not right and no free robotic lawnmower could convince me otherwise.. Give me my 200 odd followers, private acc any day
How they haven't been broken into is beyond me.. Like do people not listen to all the warnings about nor puttin your whereabouts etc online never mind every door, window etc in your home

There is absolutely nothing sacred to people anymore... Im not an overly private person. By any means but living my life through a filtered camera lens... No youre grand thanks.

And youre right abiut MH issues, my god the impact social media has is unbelievable...even if i had nice things or a nice home like i wouldn't rub it in peoples faces, i dont know how that doesnt come into their heads

Last edited:
Hahahaa exactly like imagine before you made the sandwich setting up your phone to document it 🤣🤣🤣 omg like when you actually break it down.... What the actual duck?

I just cant understand why people think anyone cared what you cook for dinner....

How they haven't been broken into is beyond me.. Like do people not listen to all the warnings about nor puttin your whereabouts etc online never mind every door, window etc in your home

There is absolutely nothing sacred to people anymore... Im not an overly private person. By any means but living my life through a filtered camera lens... No youre grand thanks.

And youre right abiut MH issues, my god the impact social media has is unbelievable...even if i had nice things or a nice home like i wouldn't rub it in peoples faces, i dont know how that doesnt come into their heads
As I was doing it, I was thinking this is actually mental🤣🤣. I was like " so you get the mayo and you just spread it all over the bread like that and I like to spread it on both slices of bread and then you get your cheese, I like cheddar but you can use whichever cheese you prefer" 🤣🤣🤣. Try it, it'll give you a right laugh. I was being so serious like our lives depended on how this sandwich was made!!

I don't know how they have the time to post to be honest.. I have twins myself plus a older child plus a step child who spends a lot of time with us. When mine were that age I was always on the go.. Mind you I used to bung them in the car and head off for a day to the playground or where ever, but it was non stop.. I certainly wasn't worried if my sheets were creased, they were lucky to get a wash every now and again! 🤣 I do love her cooking posts though.
I have friends who would be very well off but they never change their interiors just because they see something else they like. They just keep their wealth to themselves.

I was just thinking you know about robberies! Like they literally say what there at all the time, going for coffee with whoever, hubbys out with kids for the day! Robbers delight, hello easy break in! Do they not think of these things like duck sake 😂😂 when Kim K was robbed in Paris they reckon she was being stalked online for months leading up to it! Like they watch you and see your routine! Sorry useless comment I just like to talk 😂

I find watching other people’s kids equally as boring as the step by step sandwich making .. I stopped following a lot of these accounts too, it’s not that I believed the perfect life bit., it just used to annoy me that they tried to portray it .. I’m in a good place with my mental health but it’s those that are not, that are watching and believing it to be reality that worry me! The constant repeating of clothes sizes xs just after giving birth to twins is irresponsible.. it may be the case that she is xs but she doesn’t need to broadcast it .. post natal depression is so common and there are so many mothers like myself just after giving birth watching this.
I found a ahousebythetrees, much the same .. totally self obsessed

The security thing baffles me, like are they that stupid?

i know what you mean , if I recorded my husband without him ‘knowing’ or expecting it , he wouldn’t be best pleased !
I find lately she’s running out of content to post.You can only post the same things in your house a certain amount of times before it becomes repetitive
I recently read Sophie White's book "Unfiltered" about the Irish bloggers and couldn't help thinking of Sarah and her hot husband when it came to the character that had the hot husband who used to go mad about her putting up pictures of him and the kids. Sarah seems really nice but very uncomfortable and I just cringe every time she shuts the camera off the second he looks over! 🤦🏼‍♀️

I recently read Sophie White's book "Unfiltered" about the Irish bloggers and couldn't help thinking of Sarah and her hot husband when it came to the character that had the hot husband who used to go mad about her putting up pictures of him and the kids. Sarah seems really nice but very uncomfortable and I just cringe every time she shuts the camera off the second he looks over! 🤦🏼‍♀️
I don't believe for a second that there is any part of her stories that is unplanned.... Id say he knows well

I think what happens with a lot of these interior accounts particularly is that the page is started for 1 particular thing, showing renovation etc and then that ends but by then the brand collaborations have started and they are in this catch 22 scenarioe. Sadly it seems that most of them chase the collabs and money instead of keeping the page for the purposes it was started. It is the same pattern over and over, all house shots, then kids creep in, then husbands, then lifestyle fashion food etc.
There is another woman who has an account documenting her home renovation. I followed her because the people who fitted her kitchen are doing ours this year. They got into the house and straight away the begging for collabs started. The little baby propped up on thr kitchen counter this morning and jesus I think she was going on about skincare also. Like that is nothing else but greediness. They act like they are doing people a favour "sharing" their lives. No people are just nosy that's why they are asking you questions. I just don't get how you can sacrifice your whole life and that of your kids for the gram. There really is no justification. This girl literally keeps tagging companies she wants freebies from. It is so unseemly.

Reactions: 7
I think what happens with a lot of these interior accounts particularly is that the page is started for 1 particular thing, showing renovation etc and then that ends but by then the brand collaborations have started and they are in this catch 22 scenarioe. Sadly it seems that most of them chase the collabs and money instead of keeping the page for the purposes it was started. It is the same pattern over and over, all house shots, then kids creep in, then husbands, then lifestyle fashion food etc.
There is another woman who has an account documenting her home renovation. I followed her because the people who fitted her kitchen are doing ours this year. They got into the house and straight away the begging for collabs started. The little baby propped up on thr kitchen counter this morning and jesus I think she was going on about skincare also. Like that is nothing else but greediness. They act like they are doing people a favour "sharing" their lives. No people are just nosy that's why they are asking you questions. I just don't get how you can sacrifice your whole life and that of your kids for the gram. There really is no justification. This girl literally keeps tagging companies she wants freebies from. It is so unseemly.
Totally agree it’s greediness .. plain and simple. It’s easy to read, if they are tagging companies they are trying to get their attention for freebies not matter what they say!

Reactions: 1
More Spotlight AD💥

when she smiles,it looks like it’s painful for her to do it.

I like her & I don’t like her , there’s something about her !!!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.