Housebywhitehorns - Sarah Battle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I listened to the podcast a while back. It wasn’t the most professionally put together podcast anyway but I think that whole “every mum” site is full of very conflicting advice that I would take with a pinch of salt. Towards the end of the podcast the interviewer said to Sarah that she would edit out the next bit but she wanted to know how Barry felt about having the children so exposed online. Sarah seemed a bit hesitant in her reply but she said “he doesn’t mind” or something along those lines. She said she was a bit freaked out herself when she saw her eldest daughter on Tesco’s Facebook page after some campaign that she had done. The interviewer never actually bothered to edit it out afterwards though so we all heard it!
Yet were still flooded with pics of the kids??? I felt a lot of the podcast was hesitant and not very natural in responses which i felt was more of how what we see online isnt real because its all rehearsed and filterd and cherrypicked...

Reactions: 3
Housebythewhitethorns was one of my absolute favourites. I feel disloyal even reading this lol! I was put off when the non stop ads started I won't lie. I also personally dislike the oversharing of the kids. I think a lot of bloggers will regret the amount they had their kids on these forums in years to come. I feel overall Sarah stays in her lane. She focuses a lot on cooking which as a home ec teacher she is completely qualified to do. I've made lots of her recipes and they are all fab. Regarding the advertising overall I am always a little surprised how annoyed people get by this. Apart from not declaring ads/collabs etc which is not on do people not realise that all bloggers are marketing channels?? Like this is what they do and what companies pay them for. That is why I find the inclusion of kids so distasteful. But basically if you're watching your neighbor Mary or your pal from years back then that will be normal life. Every other single person you watch on insta is there doing a job and incorporating sales into their "lifestyle" that they portray. I am flummoxed that people still seem surprised by this. By all means call them out if they don't declare an ad but as someone said earlier in the thread this is how advertising works now. Think we all need to adjust a little on that point. Anyway back to sarah- i feel there was a definite shift during the summer to a more business like approach to the page and that is when the hubby became more involved which I would say was a conscious decision also. He is very easy on the eye. And without knowing anything about them beyond what I see on insta I would imagine that was to mitigate against the massive loss of income from his business this year. I'd say she has massive help from family with the kids and also Barry is home all the time at the moment so I wouldn't say she has a nanny at all! And in fairness we only see the kitchen and bedrooms from a certain angle. Id say there are parts of the house in total flitters like the rest of us lol! Anyway I do love her account but def less so since the summer and I do just skip skip skip when she starts on molloys or baby stuff or jaysusin spotlight.
I like Sarah too I must admit and her style and I've love her cookery posts. But when all the ads started I began to get a bit put off as I felt it took away from the authenticity of her page. I personally don't agree with the over sharing of children , as if they are a commodity to promote brands. To me it 'unethical' to use your children in such a way when they don't have a say. My husband was a child model back in the early 80s from the age of 3 to 8. He said he hated it at the time as he was a very shy kid whereas his older brother loved the limelight. He used to get embarrassed at seeing himself on TV adverts. So instagram parents should think to themselves 'Would my child be happy being put out there' before they share too much online. I have twins too and there's no way her house is perfect looking at the time..so we are just seeing the best bits of it. Mine are older now and 90% of house is flittered all the time!

Reactions: 5
I seen once before that Olivia Neil (she’s a TikTok star) once said the most she was paid for an ad was like 15,000. Bare in mind she’s a teenager so that was probably for clothes brand make up brand etc imagine!!And she’s gotten bigger now so I can only imagine how much she makes now!
That's insane.

Reactions: 1
I always suspected the botox and interested to hear others think the same.
She would never in a million years admit it lol!!!!!
If she said Barry is busier than ever that's an out and out lie, the event industry is destroyed. Appearances are probably very important to them.
I laugh when she specifies the size s or xs in clothing posts. Helpful to no one at all ha!
I wonder does she read here because her tone in her car stories yesterday was very much "frazzled mum" which may be an attempt to appear more realistic.
I love the interior of the house I have to say, it is beige but I love (but could never affird) the Neptune look.
I 100% think she has had Botox! I looked at a few of her older pics and the difference is quite obvious. She looks very fresh now, good for her! After I had my baby I couldn’t wait to get Botox again once I was done with BF 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 7
I 100% think she has had Botox! I looked at a few of her older pics and the difference is quite obvious. She looks very fresh now, good for her! After I had my baby I couldn’t wait to get Botox again once I was done with BF 🤣🤣🤣
I think she did mention a while ago on one of her stories that she got Botox but can’t really remember what she thought of it

I noticed that too

It would a fab idea for these bloggers to give info on where they get their Botox from n info skincare after receiving Botox .
Def no shame in getting Botox , I actually admire people skin when your like did she or didn’t she get Botox

It would a fab idea for these bloggers to give info on where they get their Botox from n info skincare after receiving Botox .
Def no shame in getting Botox , I actually admire people skin when your like did she or didn’t she get Botox
Theyd get free botox them😂😂

• Haha
Oh I don’t know at all.... What makes you think she might be?

Yeah and her house always seems so quiet ?! Not sure how ! I have kids and my house is never that quiet unless they’re asleep at night !
I was actually gobsmacked to see her husband was the owner of that bar business , they must have felt a massive loss this past year
what bar business has he got. I can never fathom the no expense spared continuous redecorating and all high end brands.

what bar business has he got. I can never fathom the no expense spared continuous redecorating and all high end brands.
He has a business where he essentially rent out bars and bar furniture for a party like a party at your house or even some small events! Think he also does like a dance floor you know them coilovers light up square ones you could rent for a wedding or that :) basically he supply’s parties and some events with bar facilities!

I do wonder how someone with a new house can be redecorating and painting the rooms again?? What’s that about like!

Reactions: 2
I like Sarah, but I don’t follow anymore. she tries very hard to project the perfect lifestyle you would wonder what’s going on behind the scenes.. I don’t think anything is worth using your kids for content and to sell products. If they were as wealthy as they’d like us to think they are they wouldn’t be using their kids like that or needing all the freebies.
Image is very important to Sarah and her husband, if you look at social blade you can see that Sarah started to “build” 😉 followers last March so I’d say that’s when Barry got involved. Its very strategic and staged but only a matter of time before the PRs realise that most people have switched off long ago

Reactions: 4
Personally I think it’s only a matter of time before bloggers and “influencers” (like it bleeping cracks me up when someone says their job is an influencer, what kind of world are we living in) become a thing if the past, people are coping on big time that these people are living the high life free trips away free gifts etc. And people are getting sick of it. I did a huge clear out of people I follow cos I just have no interest anymore, the sector is flooded with the so called influencers! Now I could be wrong, but I hope within the next five years or so people will catch on and let Instagram be back to what it was. People sharing pictures of there family, pets, travel just for the enjoyment and no money behind it!

Reactions: 6
I was wondering when a thread for Sarah would start, like alot of ye I liked her in the beginning and then unfollowed when all the ads started rolling in, for me it was too much.
She definitely portrays the perfect wholesome family life so for that reason I find her page alittle on the staged/fake side.
She reminds me of an Aunt of mine who had a lovely house but anytime we visited she'd have to show us her new curtains or new carpet. She was constantly changing and redecorating rooms. I always found it really weird.
She's definetly had botox, she had quite afew wrinkles on her forehead and For awhile I was wondering was it just the light from the Windows or had she something done but it's 100% botox.
Yeah her husband is good looking but I just think she shows glimpses of him because she knows this and is kinda showing off, like while he's working out or watching tv and he's not aware she's recording him, it's abit odd😏

Reactions: 11
I find Caroline Housebythetrees way more relatable, has 4 kids and will say when her day has been tough or super busy but not in a moany way. Plus not nearly as many ads.

Reactions: 7
Ads for keelings! Do we forget they flew workers in during the pandemic who didn’t quarantine
My thoughts exactly but sure now none of that matters wrs when youre a blogger / influencer/ whatever..... Please is dippping strawberries in chocolate not the oldest thing in the book....

I find Caroline Housebythetrees way more relatable, has 4 kids and will say when her day has been tough or super busy but not in a moany way. Plus not nearly as many ads.
Ya exactly plus she never makes any qualms about being realistic about the cost of things etc... She takes breaks too and spends it with the kids i suppose she has to she doesnt have a pile of help

I was wondering when a thread for Sarah would start, like alot of ye I liked her in the beginning and then unfollowed when all the ads started rolling in, for me it was too much.
She definitely portrays the perfect wholesome family life so for that reason I find her page alittle on the staged/fake side.
She reminds me of an Aunt of mine who had a lovely house but anytime we visited she'd have to show us her new curtains or new carpet. She was constantly changing and redecorating rooms. I always found it really weird.
She's definetly had botox, she had quite afew wrinkles on her forehead and For awhile I was wondering was it just the light from the Windows or had she something done but it's 100% botox.
Yeah her husband is good looking but I just think she shows glimpses of him because she knows this and is kinda showing off, like while he's working out or watching tv and he's not aware she's recording him, it's abit odd😏
Ya exactly she only shows these daft side profiles where he pretends he doesnt know hes on camera.... Please like please!!!!! Working out in the kitchen give me a break.... For someone whos so flat out i dunno how he has the time

Personally I think it’s only a matter of time before bloggers and “influencers” (like it bleeping cracks me up when someone says their job is an influencer, what kind of world are we living in) become a thing if the past, people are coping on big time that these people are living the high life free trips away free gifts etc. And people are getting sick of it. I did a huge clear out of people I follow cos I just have no interest anymore, the sector is flooded with the so called influencers! Now I could be wrong, but I hope within the next five years or so people will catch on and let Instagram be back to what it was. People sharing pictures of there family, pets, travel just for the enjoyment and no money behind it!
Ya exactly i genuinely woukd have more trust in and respect for somebody saying... tried this not great blah blah.... Instead of name droppping brands until finally they get a load of free shite from. Said brand and then rave on about how class it is until they become brand ambassadors along with 40thousand other people who have the same glowing reviews... Im nearly offended that they think im that stupid 😂😂😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
My thoughts exactly but sure now none of that matters wrs when youre a blogger / influencer/ whatever..... Please is dippping strawberries in chocolate not the oldest thing in the book....

Ya exactly plus she never makes any qualms about being realistic about the cost of things etc... She takes breaks too and spends it with the kids i suppose she has to she doesnt have a pile of help

Ya exactly she only shows these daft side profiles where he pretends he doesnt know hes on camera.... Please like please!!!!! Working out in the kitchen give me a break.... For someone whos so flat out i dunno how he has the time

Ya exactly i genuinely woukd have more trust in and respect for somebody saying... tried this not great blah blah.... Instead of name droppping brands until finally they get a load of free shite from. Said brand and then rave on about how class it is until they become brand ambassadors along with 40thousand other people who have the same glowing reviews... Im nearly offended that they think im that stupid 😂😂😂
Your really on a rant today Lighthouse haha you crack me up!!

Your really on a rant today Lighthouse haha you crack me up!!
I dont even know why I'm on instagram all it does is infuriate me when i see fake as duck shite.... Like get a grip... Where do people get the notions from... Please where? And do people have no thought for others anymore how can some rub their free gifts in people faces who might not have food in the fridge or are battling weight issies and someone bragging how tiny clothes are too big 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.