Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

InstaCasualty

What we are seeing here is something bigger than Sarah. We are seeing the South Sea Bubble of personal brands bursting like a balloon full of piss.

This also shows that concept of personal brand is quite frankly bankrupt. It is a complete conceit. There is no such thing. It’s either business or you as a person. What we are seeing here is an absolute example of how disastrous blurring of these boundaries can be. Imagine another business transaction you were involved in where instead of business communication you’d be receiving a recording of the owner of the business with his/her partner talking (vaguely) about state of their marriage and how they are feeling about things while all you need to know is when you’ll get your refund for services not being as advertised. I don’t know. Imagine getting that from your plumber. Or architect who designed your kitchen extension, didn’t finish and turned out the builder he employed was a cowboy off Rogue Traders. You can’t? That’s because you didn’t buy personal brand there. You bought a service, service wasn’t delivered. End of.

And yes, I do feel for her. I feel for her as she clearly put a bomb under her own life. Very publicly because to date that’s how she created her business. Her business was her. It doesn’t work because you is you and business is business. That’s why limited companies exist. She has one for that reason.

On another note, and sorry for getting philosophical here. What we have here really is a very old thing - the oppression of women under another name. Now that women are working and all research shows that we carry most of the household duties and do majority of emotional labour including being the default parent, rather than addressing the underlying issues that lead to this (patriarchal capitalist bullshit), the myth of mumtrepeneur has emerged. A mum who apparently has a business that allows her to earn excellent money but at the same time gives her all the time in the world to spend with her kids. A mum who is free from the apparent chattel of 9-5, is in a girl gang and is all about women supporting women. Usually by buying things from other women because that apparently is feminism. Go self employed gurl - boss babe it! Anyone (and I speak from experience here) who is self employed or has a small business knows that actually it often means a 24/7 business that has some flex in it but that flex doesn’t come for free. And there is much more risk to it. And that we need 9-5 because you need to be able to call your local council for some paperwork or have a hospital admin who isn’t in insta posting pictures of herself in MAMA sweatshirts for 100 quid while processing vital life saving appointments. You know - ordinary women doing ordinary jobs who need to get paid for them sufficiently, have childcare that works for them and husbands who support them. That’s worth fighting for. Not this fake instafeminism nonsense where apparently if you change your mindset the money will come. That’s why MLMs exist as they peddle the same shite and we all know how it ends.

Note how how the narrative we often see now is that overwhelm caused by unreasonable tangible things like cost of childcare, cost of living and not having a 50/50 divide of home duties is now apparently completely resolved because you need to work on your “mindset”. Go and get that money babe. In her podcast Sarah starts talking about it as women sitting at home and going “ooh I can’t do that” so her solution in her own words is her telling them that they can. And that’s it - all everything resolved. Really? Look how women were asking her mid the mad selling spree she was on how she manages it all? That’s the big question all women are struggling with because of tangible and very real things that are happening around us like gender pay gap, default parenting position, cost of childcare and impact of pandemic where women do most of the homeschooling and housework DESPITE having full time jobs themselves, all amply evidenced by research that shows that women have been disproportionately affected by the pandemic. And the answer was: work harder babe and deriding 9-5.

You know why lot of these women (I know, not all) defending Sarah are in some sort of “mindset coaching” or equally intangible “products”? If they turn on her it would expose the flimsiness of their own businesses.

There are very few women on insta that actually do work that empowers women. Mother Pukka doing her flex appeal work had done more than most actually. Because she’s tackling a tangible real problem for women and sits at the tables where decisions about it are made. She’s an exception in sea of “personal brand” nonsense and a walking example of how difficult it is to make that work have an actual impact rather than perpetrate patriarchy under another name.

By the way - compare this Live (and all the stuff released to date by SA) to MotherPanic‘s announcement on this. "I had paid money to this coach, he was unethical, stole my money, and now I know he also was inappropriate, unprofessional and abusive to other women. Let's out these guys - these are their names. Police has been notified. Spread the word. The End." That’s how this should have been done plus apologies for having exposed customers and full refunds for all work done with LD. Ask yourself why it wasn’t.

This is bigger than SA by the way. She is bearing a brunt of exposing all that’s wrong with this approach. The question here is: will she emerge having ditched this model or try to continue with the same.i wish her the best. It is a shit show and she must be feeling absolutely destroyed but really, this is business. Treat it like one, set a boundary, cut your losses, refund and work from there.

• Heart
Reactions: 70

AgathaRose

Hello! (New here) I just wanted to say that what you’re saying about exploiting women is spot on. This is not supporting women and never has been. This is cult-like manipulation and tapping into women’s vulnerability’s for her own gain. There are plenty of aspirational women out there who are genuinely changing the future’s of women and girls (and daughters) for the better and it makes my stomach turn to see SA pitching herself as some sort of hero/martyr/guru when she is simply out for herself. What SA has always got wrong is the notion that chasing money (at the cost of your family, friends and mental health) does not make women empowered or free or equal - it makes them slaves to money. Nothing more nothing less. She has been both brainwashed herself and brainwashing her followers from the beginning into believing the lie that money equals happiness. Fast cars, designer bags blah blah blah - do not bring you happiness. Life can be beautiful, brutal and short. Freedom and empowerment comes from peace of mind - not money. Women please - if you are struggling, suffering or in trouble, look to someone who is a giver not a taker for advice. And please I implore you, if you have heartbreaking secrets - she is the last person you should be sharing them with. This (again) is cult like behaviour. Tell your heartbreaking secrets to a trusted friend - and if you don’t have one - try and access professional and ‘tried and tested’ help - such as The Samaritans. They will be able to direct you to a safe ‘ear.’ X

• Heart
Reactions: 61

Lemonhead123

I’ve just opened Facebook to a barrage of let’s support SA and show her love on one of the groups. Nothing wrong with that I suppose but again it just feels like more and more gaslighting. I’ll tell you all, and hopefully if SA is reading this her too, how this has affected me. I’ve followed SA and bought into her course and message that we can all be our own bosses, build solid female led businesses and support each other. I’ve learned that I shouldn’t think about money in negative ways and it has given me confidence to set up my own business which is doing quite well. With the introduction of LD I’ve pushed myself to do things I wouldn’t usually do. I’ve borrowed money to grow my business feeling that I was being lazy and not releasing my full potential if I didn’t do everything I could to make more money. I did all this on the trust I was getting solid advice from two people who had made it by following the advice they were giving out. I’ve suffered with mental health problems and depression in the past and having the community they built up made me feel like a part of something good, like we were all going to be successful women. Now I know what I know I feel like the rug has been pulled from under my feet. I don’t know what parts of their teaching was real or false. I don’t know if I’ve done the right thing for myself or my business. I was fully invested in the manifesting side of things but now I am doubting that too. I’m doubting everything I’ve done. I’m back in a depressive episode and taking anxiety medication again. I literally do not know how I feel or what is true in everything I’ve spent the past year doing. It’s not just about getting money back it goes a lot deeper than that. Yet I can’t say this or my comments get deleted / I get shot down by her fan club. I feel sick to the stomach about it all.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
I’m so glad there’s a thread on this bullshit. I’ve followed Sarah for years and have been astonished at what a selfish, manipulative, and greedy person she morphed into when they moved. The over exposure of the children has bothered me for a long while. I know narcissist behaviour very well, and its her. She’s the narc that needs to be addressed. LD is whatever he is, but the buck stops with her when she’s putting her name to things and subsequently ripping people off - all this while neglecting her family. I don’t necessarily dispute that he exercised some kind of narcissistic/coercive control over her, but it was too short a time period for him to have brainwashed her to the degree she’s suggesting. She wanted what he was offering, she didn’t give a shit about the process or consequences. IMO they’re both narcs.

The fact that she’s so devastated and a poor sad victim, but is still airing her dirty laundry and exposing her children on Instagram is absolutely bonkers. Stop staring at yourself for five minutes you stupid woman, give an entire day over to your husband and children for once!

Also the showing off of expensive treatments is in extremely poor taste when people are waiting for their refunds. I don’t begrudge her spending money she’s legitimately earned on licking her wounds and improving her mental and physical health, but people who are in much worse positions than her don’t need their noses rubbed in it. She’s so self obsessed and shallow, it’s actually laughable.

Reactions: 33

Ohherr

This ‘truth’ live with Jason was a croc of shit. Lies upon lies. Full of contradictions compared to all the previous videos and quotes. So which of the stories are true? The Tesla video where she was fully complicit with everything, where she admitted she owed everyone an apology because her recent content wasn’t up to scratch? Or this new video where she was coerced into everything and she prides herself on the good quality of all her content? It is not possible to believe a word that comes out of Sarah’s mouth.

The levels of self-obsession in the live video are astounding - sitting there in front of the husband she betrayed, filmed for the benefit of her reputation and public opinion and most of what she talked about was the impact on her, rather than the customer. The video should have been directed at us as her paying customers if she is to salvage her reputation. The live video has only gone on to tarnish it further imo.

Personally I don’t feel sorry for her for cheating on her husband. She actually seened proud to announce it! Who does that?! A sociopath! But Jason is not innocent in all this: being a director in her business he will have condoned and signed off on the work being done with Llewy so could have stopped the exploitation of the customers and stopped this escalating if he felt he should.

Basically, none of her recent PR washes with me - she must think (hope) we must all have amnesia!

I will never buy a thing from her again (unless it is hair and eye make-up tutorials!).
I even feel stupid for buying into the hype around her book - the content of which is so ropey and juvenile in places I haven’t been able to read a full chapter without cringing yet!

And final point from me: this style of selling has always been there for Sarah - going back to the first Money + Manifestation course - in the lead up to it she was on social media boasting about how she could spend money on her family, all the things she loved spending money on, taking her family to winter wonderland and tapping into the psyche of all those mums out there who want the same thing. Then getting a more senior mentor involved with the course (The Money Medium). It has been her marketing technique for donkeys years.
And this fake ‘tell me your heartbreaking secrets’ thing - absolutely terrifies me what she might do with that information. We now know for sure that she uses her power for evil rather than good!
It is all feigning fake solidarity and friendship with her followers and customers which reminds me of a time years ago where she said something like ‘when we’re all rich we’ll go out for dinner together’ to her followers. There was no way she was going to act on that. If you are a customer or a follower please be aware that SHE IS NOT YOUR MATE! Wolf in sheep’s clothing. So fake. Please don’t fall for it!

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Washingbasket

Sarah, you endorsed him, you promoted him, you brought hundreds of women under his spotlight. You are responsible for that, you need to specifically say sorry for it!! ‘I’m not guilty by association’ is absolute horseshit! You may not have done harm on purpose, but it is still your responsibility. It’s like the difference between murder and manslaughter, you still get a jail sentence even if you did it by accident!!

• Heart
Reactions: 32

InstaCasualty

@InstaCasualty i have read and reread your post, so well put. You should write an article about this!

On the 9-5, what we also forget is that if you’re an aspiring female CEO you’ll probably have employees at some point, and that at least half of them are going to be women (hopefully!), helping said CEO to run her business and ultimately make money. The whole boss babe narrative, mum entrepreneurs is so short sighted here.

Sarah’s immature views of having a “job” to me show that she’s not CEO material. It may be also linked to the fact that she doesn’t have a good track record of being in a job and keeping it (but this is slightly bitchy).
I always nod to your posts too. You’re more concise though! Absolutely re naïveté about what being an actual leader in business means. One of the things that gets me every fucking time is when MLM hunbots bleat about corporate or 9-5 slavery where a lot of them have never worked in a corporation and have no fucking idea what that’s actually like and it’s just a selling tactic.

And thank you everyone for connecting with the sentiments in this post - I’ve been mulling and mulling on it for the last 24 hours because I had to ask myself why I was drawn to this story so much (apart from having followed Sarah for years and actually liking her content) and this was the reason.

I can’t write it now 😁 @Antonina - it’s already here so that would be my anonymity blown but... I’d love R4’s Women’s Hour do a piece on this and may pitch it. Not on SA per se but on this phenomenon of insta feminist mindset stuff, the MLMs and the like as I feelthey’ll do it justice and be nuanced and balanced.

I am feeling very uncomfortable now and I also asked myself why. That Live was the like watching couple in marriage therapy. I watched it and suddenly felt like a completE vouyer. I think about 1000 people watched it at the time and on replay it’ll be in a region of 20k as this was the count on previous lives she did. I was sitting there thinking: what am I watching here? A distressed couple sharing stuff that under normal would never leave therapist office or the closest family circle. This isn’t healthy. This isn’t okay. Not for them. Not for their family. And actually not even for their business. Not for people watching. What the hell are we doing as a society? 😱

On a less emotive note, I can’t believe that if they are getting PR advice, that this is the advice they are getting. To strip bare even further? I mean the impact of this level of exposure cannot be even estimated at this point but think of the digital footprint here. Look at the deletions and the site that shows you what was deleted. You may change your mind about all of this but internet will hold this forever with your face on it. I’d give the PR people a sack (if they have them) and start communicating business results here. Straight facts. Especially as people are starting to get refunds. I don’t know. “250 people on si - refunds issued. All BA refunds issued”. Focus convo on the bloody business.

This whole thing made me want to come off all my socials and I may actually do it.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

InstaCasualty

I’m noting a change of tone and narrative here. See how we are no longer talking about business. We are suddenly talking about abused women so the women supporting women is trotted out again. That story inviting to share heart breaking secrets with SA. You are there for the women? For all 48k of them?. You’ll be receiving trauma in your inbox and dealing with it on by one with thought and sensitivity. Really? That’s how this works now - you tell your trauma to a stranger on the internet? Trauma bonding is a thing mind you. A powerful thing. And a very unhealthy thing as any therapist would tell you.

What is being left out here is how the business model perpetrated by SA and LD is basically abusive and oppressive to women and a classic MLM. All there is left now apparently is one man who did bad things.

Can’t recall a poster who called it out but she was onto something when she called out the power of white women’s pretty tears. There is an awful lot of truth in that, LD and RD being utter bastards notwithstanding.

The PR sort of worked. Sort of. There is no such thing as airing your trauma and intensely private stuff on social media for free. There is always a price to pay. It may not be now because really it is like a a pact with a devil - you think you’re buying yourself something good and will find out it isn’t in due course. If you want to dance with the devil you better know the steps. I hope for her sake SA knows the choreography here.

You know, it’s one of those stories where nobody looks good. Everyone is on some kind of game here and nobody is saying what that game is, if you get my drift. It’s a dream inside of a dream inside of a con, designed to confuse and deflect which is why I’m feeling sort of icky looking at all of it. And I don’t know if the players in this even realise fully the impact of what they are doing.

• Heart

Minxxx

I didn’t watch the live but I’m slightly incredulous that SA has managed to manipulate so many people into thinking that she’s the victim. She’s a married woman. She didn’t trip and land on LD’s dick. She chose to be unfaithful knowing that they both have families.

Don’t forget that Sarah has done the NLP training. She knows the techniques that Llewy uses, and she’s probably using them now to twist the narrative and make everyone feel sorry for her and forget the refunds. The “legal advice” she was waiting on was probably advice on how to spin this to her benefit.

Sarah has behaved despicably. She’s shown that she is a duplicitous liar, and that she really doesn’t care about anything apart from money and herself. She introduced Llewy to those women without a care in the world. She chose to sleep with him and now it’s gone tits up she’s conveniently blaming him.

Sarah isn’t the victim here. The people whose money she has taken are.

• Heart

Thetruthwillout

VIP Member
Quick recap? It's more like the back cover blurb off a book!

"Influencers. Gangsters. Mass Fraud and threats - how what started as an inspiring and aspirational lockdown story rapidly unravelled into the theft of over a million pounds from hundreds of small business owners and countless tales of abuse, threats and hidden histories, coupled with sexual intrigue, family breakdown and accusations of a bigger conspiracy to defraud.

Just how did a training company that flagged itself as 'no bull' become entangled in one of the most scandalous social media stories of 2020?"

😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart

Monmons

Really disappointed to read all of this as I always looked up to Sarah as a humble business woman striving to do well for herself and help other women to do the same. Saddens me as unfortunately trust after reading all of this have gone, although feel for her on a personal level.

As a side note, I remember in quite a few of LD stories he would say that if either prospective or current clients don't 'match' with him or are not ready they get cut off very quickly or something along those lines 🤔Wonder if that has always been vice versa where client could see right through the bullshit and would ditch them🤔.

Also, for a second I thought threats mentioned in that live might be as if people here getting journalists involved to get to the bottom of this('they turning our people against us') but I understand it obviously probably is a bigger issue here and might be a pure speculation.

I just wanted to say to all the women here- put your chins up, work hard, believe in yourself and what you do and stop wasting your money on these "amazing" influencers. Buy books, watch videos, find people in your local community- nothing comes easy and everything takes time and patience.
From what I can see you all are amazing, got enough knowledge, common sense and understanding how to run a successful business and it's customer service without anyone needing to tell you that! Look at all this detective work, critisism and overall discussion! Insta fame comes and goes, as well as anything that comes quick. Always very tempting to look up to someone and do everything to become just like them, but trust me- being a good caring mum, partner, who prioritises family first, let there be a job 9-5 but done well and person behind it who takes pride in what they do- these things will never go out of fashion. Sorry, I just cannot take any more coaches making a quick million and almost belittling others and their confidence because they are still in 'boring' 9-5 jobs 'not fulfilling their dreams. Everything takes time, patience and experience.

• Heart

BingoFlamingo

VIP Member
Sarah Sarah Sarah. People do not feel let down by the situation. They feel let down by YOU and YOUR BUSINESS.
And yes that does, to a degree, makes you guilty by association.

YOU went into business with him, sold shitty courses with him and boasted of the money you made on the back of it.

YOU told that podcast you only cared about the numbers and didn’t give a shit on how you serviced those customers.

YOU. Betrayed your husband, your family, your business.

YOU.

I don’t disagree that there was an element of coercive control. I agree that probably happened. And I do agree he is a shit and a conman of the highest order.

But even before then, YOU signed him up to go on your £150 zoom calls. YOU said how great he was. YOU did the hard sell to get WOMEN to part with their money to this shit show.

FFS I’m angry and I wasn’t even conned by YOU. I’m just an observer in this.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

gotsuckedin

Stickylickinfingers

Im going to say something which I’m sure others will disagree with but I saw a story where one of the twins talked about racism. Have people stayed silent because they don’t want to be accused of racism. The race card is very real
This is a very bigoted view. You are accusing black people of falsely crying racism. I’m not here for it. There is enough real racism to go around, black people don’t need to fake it.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Honeydew123

Have to address her latest stories. Someone take this woman’s phone away from her please for the love of god. I don’t even know where to start. All me me fucking me - no mention of the vulnerable women who have been entangled in this mess and are still out of pocket. Rapidly losing patience with the whole thing. It’s so see through, her body language and mannerisms tell you everything you need to know. She doesn’t give a fuck about the women who she’s introduced LD to. She’s had multiple opportunities to address this element, she clearly reads here and can see the impact this is having but still nothing. The latest instragram stories are calculated make no mistake - her disclaimer at the end “will probably delete in ten minutes so fill your boots” Seriously Sarah get a grip and have a bit of fucking respect.

• Haha
Reactions: 28

Squirrelfriend

Chatty Member
Wow 😢 ffs just watched the live .. first of all I have to give Sarah big respect for doing that , it must have been so bloody hard . secondly shocked ( but kind of not ) that that fuckpig Llewelyn has been coercively controlling her and the narrative by using information against her that he will tell her husband about an affair or something happening . Had a feeling he would be the sort to do this sort of thing . Genuinely felt bad for her and Jason there and wish her all the best . I can’t stick the boot in on someone who has had that happen to them , she’s clearly been losing her mind with all the stress of it all and that explains the massive ego peacocking and bizarre behaviour .The actual fucking piece of shit should surely be leaving the country by now so many people are onto him .
Anyway well done for owning it Sarah .

• Heart
Reactions: 28
That’s not what I’m saying. I worked with a black lady who use to make fun of my hearing problems ( I wear two aids) and made grunting noises but I never spoke out because when I spoke to her in person she accused me of being racist and said if I said anything that’s what she would say.

Sorry you find my comment bigoted.
Very Bigoted - And just for the record I am a black woman.

I do believe that the the TT are fraudsters however, the fact that everyone is bringing up Llewy's past and using it as a weapon is annoying and fucking unfair. No1 actually knows why he went jail - yet assuming its for something related to violence or drugs - Why because he's black?

This whole they've been threatening bla bla bla .. Can we have reciepts .. Is this hard facts?

Sarah sits there as the innocent white woman acting as though she was not complicit and she gets all the '' aaaaaaws'' and all is forgiven. White priviledge baby!

This whole thing reeeeeks!

PR stunt - they were told what key words to use to try and turn this all around.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Kinkers

I can't fathom this at all.

So llewy has made Sarah feel like shit amongst other things.

Sarah has made some of her clients feel like shit amongst other things.

Sarah has spoken out about how she feels but she is not allowing her clients to openly discuss with her how they are feeling. She is being defensive rather than being empathetic.

A v simplistic way to look at it, I know it goes much much deeper than that but I don't understand why this is still not being resolved. She needs to listen to her clients, some have been incredibly mentally and financially hit with this, some are feeling THE EXACT SAME way she is feeling but she doesn't want to take responsibility for that?! And I think all the women feeling like this had nothing to do with LD other than the fact he help deliver a course that SHE offered.

She's full of fucking contradictions.

• Heart

Lemonhead123

Dear Sarah,
Please stop victim blaming. We are not using a gossip forum to troll you. Your customers have had to resort to tattle because we are silenced and shut down if we try to speak out on your platforms. We have tried to email you but only received blanket replies. We are not asking for refunds due to ‘cancel culture’. We are asking for refunds because you have public ally stated that LD gaslighted you and could not be trusted due to the manipulative methods he uses in life and business. How then can we not look back at the courses you did in collaboration with him and it questions the ethics behind them? You have used your success with LD as the main marketing ploy to entice us into signing up to these courses - you have now show us this was a lie and there was no million, there was no manifestation of money, it was all a con. You have admitted publicly that you have not given good content in your recent courses, that you only cared about the money and not how you would service your customers. Women who trusted you gave you money with the belief you would help them and their businesses during a time of national crisis. You only delivered basic content and it was all aimed at upselling more and more. You ask for our sympathy and you have it, you really do. But now we ask you to extend that understanding to us, those who don’t own their own houses, fancy cars and expensive trappings. Those who paid for your courses on credit based on the promise of a better future for them and their families. You have told us it was all a lie, a con. All we are asking is that it is put right. Not as a ‘gesture of good will’ not because it’s is based on loose legal advice but because we trusted you and you failed us. We are victims in this too, but you can only shed tears for yourself.

• Heart