Sarah Akwisombe #10 The Wolf of Croydon, the Asana Grandmaster, or just a conwoman?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The proliferation of “lifestyle marketing” not only smacks of MLM but it is also about using privilege to undermine the very women they want to take money from. It’s like “you can have what I have” if you just overcome your limiting beliefs and give me all your money. #GirlBye Leaves me feeling like I need to take a hot shower! I am sorry, but no matter how much they bang on about the patriarchy, I will not be fooled. The amount of “feminists” on IG trying to playing these games makes me feel ill.
👏🏻This!

In mlm’s it’s never about the products, is it? It’s always about recruiting through «showing off that freedom» at any available time, while Also pissing all over those who hold a 9-5. And it pains me to see that those strategies have been adopted by the people who are trying to sell scam courses. It’s always the same «get rich, get more money, live in luxury, but only if you do what I do and pay me what I think I’m worth, otherwise you’re just useless»-type of tone. Again, making it really difficult for those who are busting their asses to build a business with real skills, products and services without making others feel like tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
One of the coaches involved in Smashing It who I was disappointed to see still supporting Sarah was Kerri Lyons. I liked her positivity though she did go a bit OTT on naming Llewy in her podcast (even before the collapse of his involvement). I’ve stopped looking at/listening to her since she still seemed to be on board with Akwisombe but she was initially one I thought better of. If she’s denounced them and I’ve missed it I’d love to know.

Reactions: 2
Can’t believe that SEO assistant with 6 months experience running these courses. I’m not going to write my job out here but as someone with actual experience in my field would never ever ever charge for or run a course like this, there’s so many brilliant entirely free resources out there already, or established course providers running high quality content from experts in their field. You can find community to bounce ideas or sense check your work from so many places - Reddit, stackoverflow, Facebook groups, Twitter hashtags...

The thing is if these #girlbosses have it all why were their professional careers so weak? SEO assistant is an administrative role compiling reports and possibly reaching the dizzying heights of a pivot table if they’re ~advanced enough. They’re not in a position to teach you anything.
Same. Its actually nuts that she thinks, and actually is justifying these prices with no credible experience across multiple businesses/niches. I think, if she has value and was to start a group etc (I don't know anything beyond these posts about her), a price of £30 a month MAX is realistic ( a newish group run by one person). I don't even think she is qualified for that - but, I am just trying to say the £53 a week has blown my tiny mind.

I have been in a membership previously that was £77 a month and that was with quite a few professionals on the 'staff' who knew their sh*t inside out. I am just baffled how she thinks she can ask for that much, its delusional.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The wotpod on Twitter. Part 3.

👏🏻This!

In mlm’s it’s never about the products, is it? It’s always about recruiting through «showing off that freedom» at any available time, while Also pissing all over those who hold a 9-5. And it pains me to see that those strategies have been adopted by the people who are trying to sell scam courses. It’s always the same «get rich, get more money, live in luxury, but only if you do what I do and pay me what I think I’m worth, otherwise you’re just useless»-type of tone. Again, making it really difficult for those who are busting their asses to build a business with real skills, products and services without making others feel like tit.
Building a real business takes time and a lot of input, networking, building a strong client base and constant hustling. Once you start getting referrals, then you’re pretty much on your way as this is the most important aspect of any business’ growth and means that people trust what you’re doing and your customer service is good.
THERE IS NO GET RICH QUICK SCHEME.....unless you’re dodgy.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
She seems fairly awful. Also has the wrong size blouse on - needs 2 sizes bigger. Hope this helps.
I had to unfollow Holly after all the cringe reels. If the constant pouting and mum dancing sells her courses, people have seriously lost their minds.

SkinHQ where she worked is also dodge as f*ck apparently.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I had to unfollow Holly after all the cringe reels. If the constant pouting and mum dancing sells her courses, people have seriously lost their minds.

SkinHQ where she worked is also dodge as f*ck apparently.
Same.

That combined with the “look at my summer in Italy... isn’t it shiny?!” Posts last year...

You mean that holiday staying with your in laws and paid for by your husbands job?

Ok hun, enjoy that 🤦🏻‍♀️

Same.

That combined with the “look at my summer in Italy... isn’t it shiny?!” Posts last year...

You mean that holiday staying with your in laws and paid for by your husbands job?

Ok hun, enjoy that 🤦🏻‍♀️
Yeah. Then I saw she was being coached by Sarah and still is. I originally thought maybe she was oblivious but she can't be anymore.

• Heart
So materialistic
I want
I want
I want

and I don’t care how I get it.

have an affair didn’t seem to be on the list 🤔

• Haha
One of the coaches involved in Smashing It who I was disappointed to see still supporting Sarah was Kerri Lyons. I liked her positivity though she did go a bit OTT on naming Llewy in her podcast (even before the collapse of his involvement). I’ve stopped looking at/listening to her since she still seemed to be on board with Akwisombe but she was initially one I thought better of. If she’s denounced them and I’ve missed it I’d love to know.
Same, I really really liked her but since I saw her supporting Sarah on a post, i’ve also stopped listening to her podcasts & bothering with looking at her updates etc. Such a shame!

Her membership was less than £30 a month when she started Sarah akwisombes programmes. I remember her from one of the one day workshops

That’s really sickening

I stopped following her ages ago as she irritated me, that’s madness. How do you justify such a price hike in a matter of months??

She got lucky with blogging she’s not a trained and experienced digital marketing expert that’s done it on many different products and sectors. What are these people on??
I’ve spent a day with her at an event a few years ago and she’s really lovely. At the time she was a family and lifestyle blogger and it’s kind of sad to see the progression to this MLM and shadiness.

I want I want I want .. Jesus
Not sure she ever wanted Jesus tbh

🤣🤣 I know what you meant to say, I just made myself giggle when I read it out loud with a big pause 🤣🤣

• Haha
The best selling book that’s not one at all!!!

118 sales a month across digital and print on amazon, so c 1400 sales a year. Publishers view 10000 sales as the benchmark of a successful book over its lifetime. So it'll take 6 years to even be viewed as a successful book 😂😂 but obviously the initial spike is over, so it's now going to diminish each month. But there it is, actual sales data and benchmark evidence that Sarah Akwisombe's book is officially a FLOP.

She'll get 5 to 7.5% on each sale.
So 75p give or take. So monthly she's making a max of £90 from the book. And that's assuming a sales are print, not kindle edition, which are much cheaper....

Attachments

• Wow
The best selling book that’s not one at all!!!

118 sales a month across digital and print on amazon, so c 1400 sales a year. Publishers view 10000 sales as the benchmark of a successful book over its lifetime. So it'll take 6 years to even be viewed as a successful book 😂😂 but obviously the initial spike is over, so it's now going to diminish each month. But there it is, actual sales data and benchmark evidence that Sarah Akwisombe's book is officially a FLOP.

She'll get 5 to 7.5% on each sale.
So 75p give or take. So monthly she's making a max of £90 from the book. And that's assuming a sales are print, not kindle edition, which are much cheaper....
That is if she even gets royalties right? She might not get any until she earns out her advance.

Reactions: 5
How do advances work? (Sorry I’m dumb)

Any publishing heads on here talk us through how it works when influencers get book deals?
With non fiction you write a proposal and then the publishing house buys it off of you. They pay you an advance for writing it (the amount of £££ varies here depending on many factors). You get part of it outright and another part once you hand the manuscript in. You only earn loyalties if you sell enough books to pay off your advance.

Reactions: 3
With non fiction you write a proposal and then the publishing house buys it off of you. They pay you an advance for writing it (the amount of £££ varies here depending on many factors). You get part of it outright and another part once you hand the manuscript in. You only earn loyalties if you sell enough books to pay off your advance.
This is all new to me! Thanks for sharing. I have always wondered about fee's for a lot of the IG/huns books.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.