Sarah Akwisombe #10 The Wolf of Croydon, the Asana Grandmaster, or just a conwoman?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread #10 now - the heat is on for Sarah Akwisombe, as court papers land on her doorstep, brands publicly denounce her, and she's on the radar of the ASA, Trading Standards, her local council, Action Fraud and more. Court cases going through from many of her victims to claim money and damages from her fraudulent misrepresentation as part of the MLM technique laden £1M coaching scam.

Big thanks to @LadyPainterDeco and @thereporter whose excellent suggestions were combined to form the thread title ❤❤👏👏👏

A full TLDR complete with links to articles, media, and THAT video admission that all Akwisombe cared about was rinsing her clients.

Screenshots of some of the best posts on Twitter and other social media related to this collapsed coaching scandal to follow in the thread too!

NB a word of caution - it was established late in thread #9 that Akwisombe and her supporters have been lurking and setting up fake Tattle profiles to keep tabs on vocal members of this awesome group. Just be mindful to not give away anything that could identify you in real life, in case Sarah Akwisombe tries to use it against you or to hamper any legal action.

UK blogger/influencer Sarah Akwisombe has recently been the focal point of a major controversy involving unethical selling of courses to the female SME sector, failed service delivery, false claims around revenues and results, and refusal to refund over £200k to clients affected by non-delivery of service.

Naturally, this has considerable potential to negatively impact the reputation of organisations she is working with (and has worked with previously), resulting in several already taking steps to distance themselves.

A brief summary of key events is below, followed by links to the national and international media coverage of the fallout from the situation:

- Sarah Akwisombe she was going to make a million pounds in lockdown and show everyone how she did it

- At the same time, launched multiple new group coaching courses as well as 1-2-1 coaching services

- Service levels for both group coaching/courses and private clients fall short after 4 months. People are unhappy

- Late September saw Sarah share a video saying she had "made a million".

- Days later, Sarah posts a video saying she had let everyone down, the service was poor, remaining months on the courses were cancelled

- Transpired the million pounds included forward booked business, so approximate splits were £600k banked, £400k forward booked and not yet billable

- Sarah Akwisombe deleted multiple social posts and videos as clients started to demand refunds

- Sarah starts blocking anyone who questions her

- Some people have been able to reclaim refunds from their banks, which is good news, many others still fighting. Sarah claims £75k refunded. At least £200k of refund claims currently being fought for by clients.

Links to all Tattle threads:

Links to key media and assets:

Undelete - all deleted social content

Refinery29

Women on Top part 1

Women on Top part 2 https://www.thewotpod.com/article/scams-dressed-female-empowerment-part-2

Women on Top part 3 https://www.thewotpod.com/article/scams-dressed-female-empowerment-podcast

Metro

The Independent

Vice

Medium

Polit RU

Video clip where Sarah Akwisombe says all that matters was getting money in, never mind about servicing the business

Dai Clothing responding to Liana Fricker confirming that Akwisombe had slipped through the net on due diligence when casting for a clothing campaign - and that she's been removed (thanks to excellent work by victims contacting them) and new processes put in place so a toxic person can't slip through again:

Screenshot_20210213_104819.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Thread #10 now - the heat is on for Sarah Akwisombe, as court papers land on her doorstep, brands publicly denounce her, and she's on the radar of the ASA, Trading Standards, her local council, Action Fraud and more. Court cases going through from many of her victims to claim money and damages from her fraudulent misrepresentation as part of the MLM technique laden £1M coaching scam.

Big thanks to @LadyPainterDeco and @thereporter whose excellent suggestions were combined to form the thread title ❤❤👏👏👏

A full TLDR complete with links to articles, media, and THAT video admission that all Akwisombe cared about was rinsing her clients.

Screenshots of some of the best posts on Twitter and other social media related to this collapsed coaching scandal to follow in the thread too!

NB a word of caution - it was established late in thread #9 that Akwisombe and her supporters have been lurking and setting up fake Tattle profiles to keep tabs on vocal members of this awesome group. Just be mindful to not give away anything that could identify you in real life, in case Sarah Akwisombe tries to use it against you or to hamper any legal action.

UK blogger/influencer Sarah Akwisombe has recently been the focal point of a major controversy involving unethical selling of courses to the female SME sector, failed service delivery, false claims around revenues and results, and refusal to refund over £200k to clients affected by non-delivery of service.

Naturally, this has considerable potential to negatively impact the reputation of organisations she is working with (and has worked with previously), resulting in several already taking steps to distance themselves.

A brief summary of key events is below, followed by links to the national and international media coverage of the fallout from the situation:

- Sarah Akwisombe she was going to make a million pounds in lockdown and show everyone how she did it

- At the same time, launched multiple new group coaching courses as well as 1-2-1 coaching services

- Service levels for both group coaching/courses and private clients fall short after 4 months. People are unhappy

- Late September saw Sarah share a video saying she had "made a million".

- Days later, Sarah posts a video saying she had let everyone down, the service was poor, remaining months on the courses were cancelled

- Transpired the million pounds included forward booked business, so approximate splits were £600k banked, £400k forward booked and not yet billable

- Sarah Akwisombe deleted multiple social posts and videos as clients started to demand refunds

- Sarah starts blocking anyone who questions her

- Some people have been able to reclaim refunds from their banks, which is good news, many others still fighting. Sarah claims £75k refunded. At least £200k of refund claims currently being fought for by clients.

Links to all Tattle threads:

Links to key media and assets:

Undelete - all deleted social content

Refinery29

Women on Top part 1

Women on Top part 2 https://www.thewotpod.com/article/scams-dressed-female-empowerment-part-2

Women on Top part 3 https://www.thewotpod.com/article/scams-dressed-female-empowerment-podcast

Metro

The Independent

Vice

Medium

Polit RU

Video clip where Sarah Akwisombe says all that matters was getting money in, never mind about servicing the business

Dai Clothing responding to Liana Fricker confirming that Akwisombe had slipped through the net on due diligence when casting for a clothing campaign - and that she's been removed (thanks to excellent work by victims contacting them) and new processes put in place so a toxic person can't slip through again:

View attachment 434902
Thank you for keeping such excellent ordered records of all the threads and daily updated information x

• Heart
Reactions: 17
That awful conwoman has no shame!!

Interestingly, that would 100% count as a "modification" for insurance purposes and has to be notified.

Reactions: 9
Do you mean the money you haven’t refunded to the people you scammed?!!!😳
What Tesla type is this that uses petrol. We did test drive in one that electric only and that was a couple of years back as they were trying to get 🧐. If it is hybrid there are not electric charging points in Croydon 🧐.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I reckon she's still half blazed from the other night when she thought she was a trading expert 😂😂😂

There's no petrol Tesla, so of course she's saving on petrol..... 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ But there'll be a saving offset from increased electricity usage at home to recharge it.

I just had a thought. Who do we know that loves doing tacky aftermarket modifications to cars? 😂😂😂

Sarah Akwisombe is very in tune with Llewy D isn't she?!?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Yeah I’m Sarah. Send me your long card number and security code and I’ll get a full refund to you...

“Thetruthwillout”, I hope you don’t quit your day job and definitely don’t become an investigator lol. I’m an ordinary follower of Sarah’s who wasn’t dumb enough to buy their google information. I am just spectating. Any ‘language pattern’ you see is most likely a natural similarity I have with her, which is why I followed the woman in the first place, or that we’re both from the south.

You are genuinely paranoid.
Reality check - do you really think a woman that was smart enough to con all of you women into wasting your hard earned money on google information, would be dumb enough to defend herself so blatantly on this thread. Wake up.

As an ordinary woman who has witnessed what’s happened to you all and kept track out of interest and future protection, you’ve done a good job of indirectly bullying and being so shamefully rude. It leads me to think you all deserve what you got and you just lost someone even on your side.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Yeah I’m Sarah. Send me your long card number and security code and I’ll get a full refund to you...

“Thetruthwillout”, I hope you don’t quit your day job and definitely don’t become an investigator lol. I’m an ordinary follower of Sarah’s who wasn’t dumb enough to buy their google information. I am just spectating. Any ‘language pattern’ you see is most likely a natural similarity I have with her, which is why I followed the woman in the first place, or that we’re both from the south.

Reality check - do you really think a woman that was smart enough to con all of you women into wasting your hard earned money on google information, would be dumb enough to defend herself so blatantly on this thread. Wake up.

As an ordinary woman who has witnessed what’s happened to you all and kept track out of interest and future protection, you’ve done a good job of indirectly bullying and being so shamefully rude. It leads me to think you all deserve what you got and you just lost someone even on your side.
Wow. Just wow.

I'd love to know which bits are "bullying" or "shamefully rude"?

There's absolutely no paranoia here. Interestingly I too am from the South, so it's not that which makes someone communicate the same way.

But as you think we all deserved to be ripped off by Akwisombe, you've shown your true colours.

Reactions: 12
Did I miss something ? When was anyone ‘ bullied’ 🤷‍♀️😂 . A bit strange to come on and talk about how similar you are to Sarah so if you aren’t her or one of her stans why bother ?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Did I miss something ? When was anyone ‘ bullied’ 🤷‍♀️😂 . A bit strange to come on and talk about how similar you are to Sarah so if you aren’t her or one of her stans why bother ?
Definitely looks like an attempt to discredit and deflect - classic Akwisombe style behaviour 😂😂

“Thetruthwillout”, I hope you don’t quit your day job and definitely don’t become an investigator lol.
Hmm let's address this particular point as to why I do or don't have the skillset to be an invesigator (I'm not an investigator, but am very good with methodical approaches to working through problems). I think any regular on here knows your attempt to discredit is flawed to say the least.

So what drew you to follow Sarah? Was it interiors, the blog, or the boss babe fake milli?

Reactions: 6
It might be best to focus on the task at hand - Sarah Akwisombe the conwoman - rather than react to anything that is deliberately provocative. First page into thread 10, I think we should be keeping it on topic.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

“You all deserve what you got”, interesting opinion!
Some of us are on here purely to pool resources together so we can try to get our money back. Once that’s done, I will have absolutely no interest in Sarah. As it is, my interest is limited. I don’t care what she does, whether she works out or not, whether she’s still after Llewy, what she posts (unless it assists with small claims court), etc.
Zero bullying here & i’m not rude either!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Definitely looks like an attempt to discredit and deflect - classic Akwisombe style behaviour 😂😂

Hmm let's address this particular point as to why I do or don't have the skillset to be an invesigator (I'm not an investigator, but am very good with methodical approaches to working through problems). I think any regular on here knows your attempt to discredit is flawed to say the least.

So what drew you to follow Sarah? Was it interiors, the blog, or the boss babe fake milli?
esq is short for esquire, so we are to assume it’s a man...?!

• Heart
Absolutely mirror the other posts here - I'd like nothing more than to see Sarah Akwisombe the Croydon Conwoman hand back all the money she conned women out of, and then go on to legitimate ventures rather than trying to rinse and repeat in new sectors.

There's no bullying anywhere that I've seen? In fact, when you look at other threads on tattle about influencers (many of whom are way more relevant and with bigger audiences than Akwisombe, but also dishonest and shady), the tone on this thread and predecessors is very well regulated, factual and well mannered.

Reactions: 12
Agree don’t let your efforts being derailed by @esq - he/she has stated an opinion and that’s that, just an opinion. Keep fighting through the court to get your money back.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
And of course if anyone finds any more useful journalist / anti MLM and scam type channels that could be useful avenues to further spread the word and prevent Sarah Akwisombe from being able to ever do this again, share them here too so we can pass on lots of useful information to them.

I know from just the last couple of weeks that there's some new people have Akwisombe on their radar and are now investigating the story.

EuHWPs9XcAESw3S.jpeg

Sarah is desperate to make the quick bucks again which shows she’s under pressure. For someone who offers courses on branding she has completely destroyed and diluted her brand: from cool interior stylist to anything that goes, coach, YouTube, selling tat, badly executed exercise, hoodies, sugary smoothies, chess and now trading. That is pure desperation to find the next thing to make money from. She will never make that kind of money again (at least not legally!!).

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yes she completely destroyed her branding as a cool unique interior blog and lost all credibility by trying to make money quickly . That’s the crux of it really . A cautionary tale .

• Heart
Reactions: 7
And this is one of the reasons I’ve stuck around to watch - it’s incredible how well she’s messed things up for herself and she’ll never come back from this. I seriously watch through my fingers most of the time!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.