Samantha Maria/BeautyCrush - New Year, New Hair, Same BS

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tbh I don't mind the new hair, but I know Sam will duck it up soon

Also she just posted a new YouTube video for Top shop when last year she was banging on about sustainable fashion

What about sustaining your viewpoint Sam?

Reactions: 2
Finally a thread on her. Ive been watching her for years and really like her but watching her Mess around with her face its super sad. Jason needs to get a job and jointly provide for their family the lazy ass

Reactions: 5
I haven't followed her much since Jason tried to do that gofundme for some documentary, then got all pissy when people like PettyPaige did a video on it. I don't get why he doesn't get a job in a photography studio or something if that's what he wants to do. He doesn't seem to get many bookings so he's basically just leeching off of Sammi.

Reactions: 6
I like Sam - I love Indie - I can't stand Jason ?
Sam drives me bonkers. She can't seem to decide who she is or what she wants to be. She eats mostly vegan and bangs on about the environment and wanting to support sustainability. Then she turns around and spends a crap ton of money on fast fashion and in . She throws her opinions in about being a woman of color in the industry then says being a woman of color has never really impacted her. Honey make up our minds. What do you stand for? What do you want out of life and your channel? I feel like she has zero sense of direction and it's painfully evident on her channel.

Reactions: 8
Thanks for this thread! I'm so torn what I should think of her. I quite like her also because she at least TRIES to think about sustainability or racism in baby steps (and not acting like an ethical angel like Niomi). I also like her style and she seems like a nice person. But I hate what her relationship seems like, I'm so irritated by all of her surgeries and consumerism...

I just want her to dump her childish husband and also her insta baddie alter ego.
Both are cringe.
I can’t watch this girl upload the same fashion/beauty hauls for the next 12 months. Her content has honestly become painful to watch and there’s only so many times a woman can ruin her hair in a month.
She just keeps trying to break her own record on that one.
What happened between her and the SJ’s!? Didn’t they at one point used to be friends.
She doesn’t seem to hang around with any of the gleam lot despite being similar age.
I’m on the fence with Sammie ?

I just want her to dump her childish husband and also her insta baddie alter ego.
Both are cringe.
I can’t watch this girl upload the same fashion/beauty hauls for the next 12 months. Her content has honestly become painful to watch and there’s only so many times a woman can ruin her hair in a month.
She just keeps trying to break her own record on that one.
What happened between her and the SJ’s!? Didn’t they at one point used to be friends.
She doesn’t seem to hang around with any of the gleam lot despite being similar age.
I’m on the fence with Sammie ?
I'm not sure about the SJs but when the Michalaks lived in London they were good friends with them. But once they moved to Bath, it's anybody's guess. Neither Sam or Jason seem like they have much of a life outside of Samantha's YouTube career. A majority of the people she mingles with are either family or people she's met at work. And call me cynical but I sincerely doubt those YouTube pals are in it for the deep connection. She has 1.8 million subscribers and if they can poach even half of them they'd be over the moon.

The thing about Sammi is underneath it all I really do like her. She's managed to stay rather grounded even after all the success. But she needs to quit trying to be what other people want her to be and just be who she wants to be. Of course, I'm not sure she even knows who that is. I think she'd really like to make videos on things besides beauty and fashion, but she's afraid of how it will be received. Girl, take a page out of Nike's book and just do it. The other thing I'm going to say is I do not believe for one second that she keeps all the things she buys for her hauls. I think she buys then returns the bulk of it. If you watch her videos, she seems to wear the same thing every week. I've seen a few comments from people calling her out on it. Of course she never addresses it but I suspect they are right.

Reactions: 3
Her base makeup alone without her new Dior primer is £92.
And this is what’s going on underneath that tit.
Her “little breakout” is awful. ?
I hate saying it out right but she has nothing to offer on youtube.
Beauty advice, makeup advice, hair advice, relationship advice, She would be the last person I’d take any advice from,
I don’t think I’d even ask her what toothpaste she uses at this point.
“Nice girl but meh.....” doesn’t make a channel worth watching.

I used to LOVE her (although her mumbling proper pee’s me off) .. then gnome came along. He’s gradually drained every inch of her personality, she’s actually unrecognisable from the pre-Jason days.

It’s so very sad to see.

Hoping she comes to her senses soon and kicks the scrounging scrote out of her life.

Reactions: 11
I used to LOVE her (although her mumbling proper pee’s me off) .. then gnome came along. He’s gradually drained every inch of her personality, she’s actually unrecognisable from the pre-Jason days.

It’s actually really sad to see.

Hoping she comes to her senses soon and kicks the scrounging scrote out of her life.
Its sad because she wasn't in a good place when they met what with her ex. I do think he took advantage of that, and now even if she left him (which I don't think she would), she'd always be tied to him because of Indi and probably lose a lot of her money/assets in the divorce.

The thing about Sammi is underneath it all I really do like her. She's managed to stay rather grounded even after all the success. But she needs to quit trying to be what other people want her to be and just be who she wants to be. Of course, I'm not sure she even knows who that is. I think she'd really like to make videos on things besides beauty and fashion, but she's afraid of how it will be received. Girl, take a page out of Nike's book and just do it. The other thing I'm going to say is I do not believe for one second that she keeps all the things she buys for her hauls. I think she buys then returns the bulk of it. If you watch her videos, she seems to wear the same thing every week. I've seen a few comments from people calling her out on it. Of course she never addresses it but I suspect they are right.
I agree, I'd love to see her branch out a bit. I feel like her content did use to be a bit more varied. Then I think because she came a mum, she seemed adamant to not want to be a mummy vlogger/youtuber (which I think is good actually), but now seems stuck in that oh do I do parenting videos or do I just carry on as before and portray the lifestyle of an almost single, childless person? I'm actually kind of surprised she hasn't 'written' a book of some sort yet. I would've thought for sure she would be doing more brand deals/collaborations (as in ones specific to her and not being sent stuff, like Marzia with that stationary stuff and Tanya with her make up)...I mean Grace somehow managed to do presenting stuff.

Reactions: 3
OH MY GOODNESS. What has this woman done to her face?! She's completely addicted to cosmetic procedures! Her left side (our right) above her lip, legit looks like there's a hole there! [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

Enviado do meu SM-J330F através do Tapatalk

Reactions: 5

I enjoyed this.
I’ve always been on the fence with her content, she was a bit too vanilla to make me wanna click on her uploads.
and lately I don’t watch anything by her, but I really respect her for doing this.
Now she needs to change her content and go back to scratch.
Her channel is dead, like her poor hair was because she hid it for so long 😐
I wanna see her embrace herself and learn to like who she is.

Reactions: 10
Tbh when made this thread Sam was pissing me off
I REALLY HOPE this is the beginning of a good change with Sam and her content

I wait with bated breath

All she bleeping does is moan.
Had to unfollow, she’s desperate to make herself a “MH influencer” despite being told in her comments a few weeks back NOT to go down that road,

I can’t even watch her last upload. Get a real job Sami and get off line,
She hardly ever uploads anyway!!!

Reactions: 4
She could have done so much with her platform. In another 10 years she will have nothing to show for it all if she's not careful.

She coasted off of her looks for a long time, but never had anything of substance to offer. Now it shows. None of her ventures outside of YouTube have been successful, and her insecurities over aging, and there now being a plethora of Instagram beauties who have her exact look (believe it or not she was somewhat unique during the Myspace era) have caused her to turn to constant work on her face/body.

I don't think she has any real mental health issues. I think she is just vain/bored and has no real interests, aspirations or hobbies. I found it funny that on her solo trip all she only expressed wanting coffee and to go to a museum...then she ended up shopping. Such an Instagram'y' list of things to do. I don't think she has an identity of her own.

Reactions: 11
She’s lazy, she’s always been lazy with her content and I’m not watching yet another video of her giggling for no reason whilst trying to sound serious, without even watching I KNOW that’s what it will be, she’s annoyed mummy vloggers are getting huge deals and she’s not,
but she didn’t work to get try and enter that market. She didn’t work at all.
She expected her channel to grow without work because they didn’t need to hustle for it ten years ago.

Is she still with trashy husband?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.