Samantha Lynn

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was recommended this girl's Youtube channel, because I've followed a couple of cancer vloggers before. She has stage 4 breast cancer that has metastasized to her bones, spine, and pelvis. This is actually a recurrence of the disease.

She was originally diagnosed with breast cancer in 2019 when she was 22. She was then NED for four years before she found out it came back three of four months ago. She vlogged throughout her journey back then too. She has a daughter who will be one year old in December.

She posted this video announcing it and then three more after:

Has anyone been following her journey? It's unnerving how many young people seem to be getting diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. A lot of these vloggers also have similar stories in that they're young women with babies or toddlers.

This girl is probably one of the most frustrating people I’ve seen post their cancer battle on YouTube. From the very beginning, she’s done things she was advised not to do because she felt like she knew what was best. One of the reasons she took months to tell people that her cancer returned is because she didn’t want people telling her “I told you so.”

In her latest video, she talks about how she met with a doctor at one of the best cancer centers in the world and she hated the woman. The funny thing is that all the things Samantha said about this doctor’s personality — that she’s arrogant and that she thinks her way is the right way — is exactly how Samantha comes off herself. To me it sounded like the doctor was giving her information and advice that she didn’t want to hear.

She also seems somewhat delusional about her circumstances. Her cancer is stage 4 and she is only 27. She seems to think she can still live for a long time (in a previous video she threw out a far-fetched possibility of decades) by going from treatment to treatment.

The last time she seemed to have “beat” the cancer, she got pregnant, stopped taking the maintenance cancer meds, and didn’t get her ovaries removed. The opposite of what she was advised to do. On second thought, I believe she said her doctors said it was ok for her to stop taking the meds after a certain amount of time if she no longer wanted to, but I don’t know why anyone would take that risk. EDIT: Never mind, she was told to stay on the medication for five years and stopped after two.

She comes off as very defensive about her decisions. I think she realizes she probably made the wrong calls but refuses to accept it because she doesn’t want to feel regret.

Last edited: