Sam & Nic Chapman #2 moan & brag but this is not an #AD.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 738541
she looks great, she’s in Mexico for treatment at the moment and has started a new Instagram for her hsct journey. Does anyone know why she’s gone to Mexico for the treatment? She may have mentioned it, but I would’ve thought as she uses private health care she would’ve been able to get treatment here, and be able to stay with her kids and husband.
She said it is very expensive to have it done here so was looking at Russia or Mexico.

Reactions: 1
My mind just automatically thinks it’s something under hand/slightly experimental not approved when I hear people going to places like Mexico for treatment. Which I’m aware is not the case 99% of the time and there are excellent hospitals there it’s just a long way to go for treatment you could have here, unless her doctors here don’t think she should get it

I thought the same had a look and Sams wedding was a month ago it was on the 31st of July/1st of august
Mexico is always featured on botched

It’s probably not licensed by NICE and that’s what the cost is. Private medical in the UK only does so much, it might not be covered.

View attachment 738541
she looks great, she’s in Mexico for treatment at the moment and has started a new Instagram for her hsct journey. Does anyone know why she’s gone to Mexico for the treatment? She may have mentioned it, but I would’ve thought as she uses private health care she would’ve been able to get treatment here, and be able to stay with her kids and husband.
It’s much cheaper there

I think it’s quite new and experimental/unproven so there are only a few places offering it and leading in the kind of treatment. It’s not like she’s gone to Mexico on the cheap for a back ally butt lift.

I think it’s something like they basically kill everything in your body then start again with your own cells that have been genetically modified to remove the MS and hope that it doesn’t redevelop. It makes you exceptionally unwell, like being hit with the strongest chemo. That’s why she’s shaved in anticipation of losing her hair.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Yes I couldn’t understand that . Like you say surely can afford that . I remember ages ago she said something like ‘it’s really expensive in the U.K. , it’s 100k ‘ and I remember thinking at the time.
But that’s nothing to you !? And if anything it’s health before wealth. So you’d spend it , if got it.
It’s 100 nights in her rented holiday home income.
The type of money she has got you’d have it done in this country.
Not going abroad trying to penny pinch. For sake of saving 20k

Like said before I think will be looking film it for some documentary on it , or book deal etc

• Angry
Reactions: 5
It’s a very expensive treatment which is only funded through the NHS if you meet the requirements. She obviously didnt so it’s cheaper to have it abroad than in the UK. There was a BBC journalist called Caroline Wyatt who I believe also travelled to Mexico to have the same treatment.

Did she say she was getting the treatment in mexico? I thought she was staying there for 2 weeks to be able to enter the US and get the treatment there? I am sure she mentioned going to the US at some point.

Just out of interest did either of them actualy work as recognised MUAs or are they Mac counter girls turned YouTube stars? - not that there’s anything wrong with working on a counter, some of those MUAs have incredible talent.
I just don’t recall them ever showing images of their work, fashion shoots, advertising campaigns, film, tv or celebrity makeups? I’ve only ever seen them both do makeup on themselves?
Not a criticism in anyway, just genuinely interested if they’ve ever done published work?

I think they are Mac girls who where around at the right time , when the whole YouTube cash cow set in.
Sam was on maternity at the time. Filmed some look for a friend on a Smokey eye - and it was quite popular.
They like to bring up their aunt sometimes ( Maggie hunt) - she was a make up artist and I think sam said she ‘assisted’ her sometimes.
The aunt apparently did make up on princess Diana. They liked to name check that .
Though I don’t think the aunty was , world renowned, anything like what the make up artist Mary greenwell is ( who was Diana’s make up artist , and is well known for working on A list clients )

Reactions: 4
Not sure about Nic but Sam was a MUA for a while, she did wedding make up and later I think fashion/events. I contacted her for wedding make up and she replied to say she didn't do that anymore and was working on more fashion/london jobs IIRC.

It’s a very expensive treatment which is only funded through the NHS if you meet the requirements. She obviously didnt so it’s cheaper to have it abroad than in the UK. There was a BBC journalist called Caroline Wyatt who I believe also travelled to Mexico to have the same treatment.
I think if that was the case she would have said it. All she said was that it’s £100k here and that’s the reason why she has gone abroad.

I think if that was the case she would have said it. All she said was that it’s £100k here and that’s the reason why she has gone abroad.
Yes if she didn’t meet the NHS criteria, then she would have had to pay £100k to have it in the UK. She would be having it on the NHS if they thought she met the criteria. Or maybe she did but didn’t want to be on a long waiting list. But by all accounts, she could afford it. She’d have all her family close by and not have a long distance flight to endure after aggressive treatment.

You have to be pretty much isolated with treatment anyway due to the high risk of catching anything while you have no immune system so she wouldn't be able to be around her kids anyway - AHSCT its a massive thing. I don't think it was a financial thing, they did a story about it, implied that Russia and Mexico were industry leaders. She was also following/matey with a woman who'd done it in Mexico.

They were both proper MUAs as well as counter girls. They were properly trained in make-up & hair at King's Lynn college.

Sam was one of the pioneers of beauty youtube tbf, around the time of Michelle Phan, Lauren Luke - it wasn't a genre when she started, Nic got involved when it started proving popular. Youtube wasn't anything like it is now in those days. I find her quite unlikable in many ways but there's no denying she didn't jump on a band wagon, it was her wagon.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
For Nic to get the treatment in the UK, as a private patient, she would still need to meet the same specific criteria as if she was having it on the NHS. It probably is cheaper in Mexico but, most importantly, it was available to her

Reactions: 3
Don’t blame her one bit, yes she’s privileged but so are you if you are healthy and don’t have to consider such choices. MS is a scary illness, it’s progressive, unpredictable and can rob you of your ability to see, walk etc. My aunt had it so I wish nic all the best, her kids are still so young and so is Nic. Yes she’s annoying sometimes, spoiled and a big beggy but I wouldn’t wish ms on anyone.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I think she is brave for having it done. She wants her health back and quality of life asap so went ahead with the procedure.

Reactions: 8
Yes, she’s got a young family and wants to spend as much time as possible with them. I think we’d all do whatever we could to prolong our quality of life.

Reactions: 12