Sam & Nic Chapman #2 moan & brag but this is not an #AD.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I dislike the influencer era too. They don't have to have knowledge or skills, but are salespeople.

Reactions: 8
Lisa Eldridge is a completely different level, she was creative director of Shiseido and Lancôme as well as being an editorial MUA which got her into all of the labs and into makeup production and formulation, as she had been involved for those brands it was a logical next step for her to do her own. It’s also in the high end rather than affordable category.

I still use all my real techniques brushes. If they monetised all their YouTube videos for years a go it would earn money wouldn’t it?

Tanya Burr once had a makeup line at Superdrug, maybe they didn’t want to do it as hers wasn’t exactly mega successful.

Reactions: 9
Lisa Eldridge is a completely different level, she was creative director of Shiseido and Lancôme as well as being an editorial MUA which got her into all of the labs and into makeup production and formulation, as she had been involved for those brands it was a logical next step for her to do her own. It’s also in the high end rather than affordable category.

I still use all my real techniques brushes. If they monetised all their YouTube videos for years a go it would earn money wouldn’t it?

Tanya Burr once had a makeup line at Superdrug, maybe they didn’t want to do it as hers wasn’t exactly mega successful.
I think it might be contractual. They can’t or don’t want to make profit for/from RT anymore same with the other products they used in the vids. They could do a disclaimer to say their thoughts at the time don’t reflect their thoughts now but that’s what makes me think it’s contractual. Of perhaps gleam owns the content? As a lot of others deleted all of their old content. I don’t know but I think there’s more to it that it being their decision.

In terms to commercial success Tanya’s range did pretty well iirc, but she was just a name on a product with a bit of creative input like names. She’d have made far more in the influencer market being paid to promote other people’s products than getting a small % of sales from her own budget range I’d have thought.

Reactions: 2

This! I was watching one of Nadine Baggott's videos recently and she was hyping up a soon-to-come partnership with BeautyPie with someone huge in the industry. I was expecting Mary Greenwell or someone of that calibre. Instead we got Sam Chapman 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I agree! It's the same type NARS products have, and always goes bad.

• Angry
Reactions: 3
I thought it was a weird dynamic when Nic went to talk to Sam about the Beautypie range. Nic knew nothing about it as Sam kept it top secret. It’s her sister and Nic is also a makeup artist, how could you not share something about it? Send her a preview? Something! I thought it was quite sad. I’ve never bought from Beautypie and after seeing the products I won’t be any time soon, very out dated and stuck in the past.

Reactions: 2
Same, still using mine too - complete with tacky rubber! 🤣❤
Nail varnish remover or alcohol can help depending how bad it is.
Some I’ve used a scrubby side of a sponge to scrape the top off too and they haven’t gone bad again.

I think you guys meant rubber handles on the old ones, I meant the little sheet of rubbery stuff wrapped around some of their newer brushes. Not that anyone cares, think I'm talking to myself about them now 😂😂

Reactions: 1
I'm not sure what the latest video from Sam means. Is she reinventing herself...I think it was part of the project with her husband.

Reactions: 1
Isn’t it lovely how her husband is always available. Never working. He’s always just there laying on the sofa… didn’t have his own place for them to retreat to either… zzzzzz so over it

• Haha
Reactions: 5