Sam and Nic Chapman - Pixiewoos

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually prefer Sam. Nic is smug and seems like the kind of person who enjoys showing off. I know she's dyslexic but her spelling always gets on my nerves too, there's always so many mistakes in her posts.

Reactions: 7
I used to quite like both of them but think they really have changed in the past couple of years, especially Sam. The stories of diva behaviour don’t really surprise me.

i do like their honesty about botox, fillers etc but again, question why they feel they need it.

Reactions: 10
I used to quite like both of them but think they really have changed in the past couple of years, especially Sam. The stories of diva behaviour don’t really surprise me.

i do like their honesty about botox, fillers etc but again, question why they feel they need it.
Sam is even worse now shes got a man.:rolleyes:

Reactions: 12
He used to be with the singer Charli Xcx, who is significantly younger than Sam. I wonder if that bothers her.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I’ve followed these for years, way before Instagram & they’ve both changed so much. I find Nic slightly more down to earth than Sam but both come across as snobs. Sam was really arrogant & rude in her last insta live..”I won’t tell you where my top is from because you’ll google it, see how much it cost & you’ll hate me”. Also I think it’s very irresponsible of her to say she’s just stopped taking her thyroid medication & antidepressants “just because i don’t want to take them”.

• Wow
Reactions: 22
I have been following both since before Nic was married. I’m not really into makeup but I used to love the celebrity looks and Halloween ones they used to do.

Can’t say I’m that interested in either of them now as they seem to have transformed into generic “Make Up Artists”, of which there’s lots on Instagram. Maybe that’s just because they’ve got older or times have changed, I don’t know.

I feel like both of them are really far removed now from reality, in terms of people’s ability to keep up with their spending. Who has X amount of money these days to buy all these designer clothes/makeup/experiences? Not anyone I know.

Reactions: 4
Been following them both for a while. Prefer Nic, her house, and her make up looks more. Sam just seems like she will never be happy. Aggressive is the right word. I applause the honesty over what procedures they've have, it's quite rare still. Sam's fiance the 'director' is a leech. He hasn't done anything significant, not even directed a episode of something Holby or Doctors. And he's certainly not doing theatre. Seems like he goes from one woman who can keep him to another. And I'm not sure really what their careers are any more. They're not doing make up at shows, they don't have clients, they don't seem to be developing many projects of their own. Basically sit at home, get freebies or spend on a load of products and do their faces. It's weird, it must limit your skills as a MUA. I really like Lisa Eldridge, she has her own products and she's still doing red carpet make up, editorial work, she knows her history etc.

• Haha
Been following them both for a while. Prefer Nic, her house, and her make up looks more. Sam just seems like she will never be happy. Aggressive is the right word. I applause the honesty over what procedures they've have, it's quite rare still. Sam's fiance the 'director' is a leech. He hasn't done anything significant, not even directed a episode of something Holby or Doctors. And he's certainly not doing theatre. Seems like he goes from one woman who can keep him to another. And I'm not sure really what their careers are any more. They're not doing make up at shows, they don't have clients, they don't seem to be developing many projects of their own. Basically sit at home, get freebies or spend on a load of products and do their faces. It's weird, it must limit your skills as a MUA. I really like Lisa Eldridge, she has her own products and she's still doing red carpet make up, editorial work, she knows her history etc.
How have they made so much money , apart from being figureheads for the brush brand? I just don’t get it.

Reactions: 5
How have they made so much money , apart from being figureheads for the brush brand? I just don’t get it.
Me either. It does seem odd. Nic has been talking recency about all the work they're going to do to the house and I just don't understand how they can afford it. It's not the most expensive part of the UK but still

Reactions: 2
YouTube is lucrative. They made loads from that, I assume. I say fair play to them both because they are having a rest. They both had a few really hectic years where they were working flat out, travelling all over doing documentaries, doing a book and designing brushes. They may still be doing make up courses too as they had their own school. I think you are being incredibly harsh about Sam, she was the oldest child in a house beset with domestic violence. I'm not surprised she comes across as brittle because that upbringing affects the whole of your life.

Reactions: 31
YouTube is lucrative. They made loads from that, I assume. I say fair play to them both because they are having a rest. They both had a few really hectic years where they were working flat out, travelling all over doing documentaries, doing a book and designing brushes. They may still be doing make up courses too as they had their own school. I think you are being incredibly harsh about Sam, she was the oldest child in a house beset with domestic violence. I'm not surprised she comes across as brittle because that upbringing affects the whole of your life.
I agree. And calling her aggressive is a bit extreme. Where exactly have we witnessed aggression from her?

Reactions: 13
Anyone asking how they have so much money clearly doesn't know their history. They've been doing YouTube since... 07/08(?) before the makeup boom on there! They were at the height of it. Freebies, gifted items and trips etc all prior to the legislatation from ASA so a lot of money generated that way and through paid for content on youtube. Then Sam created the brush line and they both ended up being involved in that, I think they made a chunk from that (and still do!). They have done other stuff too but basically youtube was a massive earner for them. From memory, they were already millionaires from around 2011.

Reactions: 15
They were the reason Gleam was set up so were an absolutely huge name at the time. They were one of the first channels who did make up and would have been earning a LOT. Also, the deal with real techniques would have been very lucrative. Although they didn't design brushes or set it up they would be receiving a large chunk of cash for having their name associated. Also, the thread name here needs to be edited. It's Pixiwoo, not Pixiewoos!

Good point I suppose.
They were the reason Gleam was set up so were an absolutely huge name at the time. They were one of the first channels who did make up and would have been earning a LOT. Also, the deal with real techniques would have been very lucrative. Although they didn't design brushes or set it up they would be receiving a large chunk of cash for having their name associated. Also, the thread name here needs to be edited. It's Pixiwoo, not Pixiewoos!
they’ve always said they did design the brushes and tbh I believe them, they don’t seem the type to just put their name to something and have no input

Reactions: 6
Good point I suppose.

they’ve always said they did design the brushes and tbh I believe them, they don’t seem the type to just put their name to something and have no input
I think initially they probably did but as time has went on and there are so many different releases I don't think there is much input anymore. They barely even mention the new brushes as they are released now. If they were busy designing brushes we'd hear them mention that. Sam said herself they don't own the company in any way and it's based in America.

Reactions: 3
I say fair play to them both for sitting back now and not endlessly chasing more money. I also think Nic needed a rest due to her MS diagnosis and they are both set for life and showing they are not greedy or fame hungry. I really like them both and I like the way their family is really close because that is hard when DV has happened in the past.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.