Sali Hughes #6 Eric's at the cat flap, hide your side of beef with a shower cap!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title: Eric’s at the door, hide your side of beef with a shower cap!
I love this bit but can I suggest a wee tweak-ette? Eric's at the cat flap, hide your side of beef with a shower cap?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Oh and should add I also went to Vaishally for monthly facials c2013. Thanks SH. What a waste of money that was. But I BELIEVED it.
Can I ask what they were like?

I have had medically moderate-severe acne and have followed sali's recs and kept a list for when my income allows me to address the leftover pigementation and scars. On that note I went to one of her (free) bobbi brown things to ask about scarring, she recommended Kate Kerr strong facial peel (I think £200ish?). Has anyone tried Kate Kerr?
(I am more cynical now as she posts old pictures of megan markle implying that she is fresh out of her salon.)

I admit I did buy the showercap (when it was on offer on cult beauty). I don't regret tbh, I haven't paid for a haircut for 5 years as I go to the training schools which takes hours, but I always make the blowdry or my own hour-long attempt at one last as long as poss, so I find the showercaps do help make my hair less frizzy than regular ones. (I fully acknowledge that this is an inconsistent spending habit but on roaccutane my hair doesnt get greasy, so it saves me having to wash just to restyle)

HCC has changed my life, and the recs SH made years ago for dehydrated skin were bloody brilliant.
What is HCC?

I let down my natural cynicism specifically because she was the guardian beauty writer, not vogue or style which I knew were ad-driven colour coordinated skincare shelves. We all need to trust our own judgment more

Reactions: 1

I have had medically moderate-severe acne and have followed sali's recs and kept a list for when my income allows me to address the leftover pigementation and scars. On that note I went to one of her (free) bobbi brown things to ask about scarring, she recommended Kate Kerr strong facial peel (I think £200ish?). Has anyone tried Kate Kerr?
(I am more cynical now as she posts old pictures of megan markle implying that she is fresh out of her salon.)

I admit I did buy the showercap (when it was on offer on cult beauty). I don't regret tbh, I haven't paid for a haircut for 5 years as I go to the training schools which takes hours, but I always make the blowdry or my own hour-long attempt at one last as long as poss, so I find the showercaps do help make my hair less frizzy than regular ones. (I fully acknowledge that this is an inconsistent spending habit but on roaccutane my hair doesnt get greasy, so it saves me having to wash just to restyle)

What is HCC?
Hot Cloth Cleansing

What is HCC?
My advice is to spend that £200 on seeing a dermatologist. I am going to message you.

Reactions: 8
So if India Knight changed her name by deed poll what’s her given birth name? Beryl? Deidre? It’s actually a Belgian name and we’ll probably never know.

I just found this on India though and it made me giggle:

‘...she can be positively Lady Bracknellish at times. Some poor benighted customs officer once had the temerity to stop India and her mother and ask to search their baggage - they responded by suing HM Customs and Excise for false imprisonment and 'slander by conduct'.

Of course they did. Perfectly normal behaviour
Gisele, which I've always liked.

Reactions: 3
@Jelly Bean Exactly!

Look, I like nice things, and if I could have my way, my flat would look like an art nouveau brothel, but, alas, I'm not loaded, and I live in a relic of Soviet-inspired architecture and keep waiting for some interior decorator to say that grey linoleum is the tit. Using diminutives like a bit spendy and making such a purchase look like the ultimate exercise in self-worth is really problematic.
omg I am dying to see your pintrest art nouveau brothel inspo - it sounds heavenly!

(brutalism is in peak-revival / renaissance in architecture schools / current ironic hipsters / wallpaper reader types atm if that helps at all!)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/22852362787790612075/ https://www.facebook.com/groups/22852256189436/ https://www.facebook.com/groups/22851569603969998170/

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Oh mg brilliant. And I thought the St Pimple Insta hagiography was unbeatable today. What in god's name was that idiot India Knight thinking? I actually feel a 'smidge' of sympathy for SH as she was probably hoping it was all slightly dying down. Then here comes along India Mitford charging in again - 'I'll sort it out SH darling, I'll tell the truth. I've deleted all my tweet history so they've got nothing on me'.

Jeez they really just aren't all there are they? You know the blue tickers kept earnestly urging each other in the wake of that snivelfest - 'well we should feel sorry for the skidmarks shouldn't we. They are to be pitied really'. I'm feeling the same patronising pity for them all now.

They just DON'T. bleeping. GET IT. (Thread name???? 😂 😂😂)

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Has anyone tried the Armani Luminous Silk Foundation?
Yes, I did like it, am probably repurchasing. I didn't buy on sali's recs but on two instagram derms (whilst I trust noone on insta 100%, I trust two separate derms more than any other recs). Beware tho the armani colour number system makes zero logical sense, try it out a few times to get the right shade

Reactions: 4
Oh mg brilliant. And I thought the St Pimple Insta hagiography was unbeatable today. What in god's name was that idiot India Knight thinking? I actually feel a 'smidge' of sympathy for SH as she was probably hoping it was all slightly dying down. Then here comes along India Mitford charging in again - 'I'll sort it out SH darling, I'll tell the truth. I've deleted all my tweet history so they've got nothing on me'.

Jeez they really just aren't all there are they? You know the blue tickers kept earnestly urging each other in the wake of that snivelfest - 'well we should feel sorry for the skidmarks shouldn't we. They are to be pitied really'. I'm feeling the same patronising pity for them all now.

They just DON'T. bleeping. GET IT. (Thread name???? 😂 😂😂)

Us Tattlers know why we’re here ; to have a good old moan and critique the Influencers. To discuss the lies, falseness and sneering putdowns of those looking to make money out of us.

We know we’re not trolls or bullies looking to destroy livelihoods, we see through the double standards and sales pitches.

Our self awareness is in a healthy state and doing just fine , thanks.

Reactions: 13
- Ah, the Caudelie spray, you couldn't watch a favourites video without it!

- From what I've seen on her channel she (Nadine) is very straightforward when something is sponsored which is great! And I watch her pretty regularly.

- Not just one £50 foundation, but several, one for every occasion: going to the library (ok, no one here reads books), going out, going to the shops, for natural lighting, for ring lights etc.
It pains me to say that I even know the name of that drawer (Alex)
hmmm I saw a Nadine post "Honest Review - AD"

I said this was clearly contradictory inthe comments, no response but no deletion either

@Puzzfish you ain't alone! tit Sali purchases I made off the top of my head: Ren eye stuff and Trish McEvoy lift. Oh and that Vichy serum she was always going on about. Terrible stuff
fml I tried all 3. Ren was BS, Trish was ok, Vichy at least got me into cheaper HA serums that I would never have tried otherwise (serum virgin at the time)

hmmm I saw a Nadine post "Honest Review - AD"

I said this was clearly contradictory inthe comments, no response but no deletion either

fml I tried all 3. Ren was BS, Trish was ok, Vichy at least got me into cheaper HA serums that I would never have tried otherwise (serum virgin at the time)
At least it says AD, so you can squint from the very beginning :D

View attachment 46644
#IHopeThisFuckingBookTanks

If you're going to vent bile like this, do it on a small forum like tattle! We can start a Mylène thread for you.

#bedhead and culottes....

I think we should all buy this book and start a Rave thread for Mylène.
the French writer is at least honest about regular dermatologist appointments for her looks

If you are into masochism, go to YouTube and type Houngout hosted by Sali Hughes - Should we age gracefully or go down fighting?

If you are into masochism, go to YouTube and type Houngout hosted by Sali Hughes - Should we age gracefully or go down fighting?
I watched a couple of minutes but couldn't get any further as I started to develop a headache...

• Haha
I watched a couple of minutes but couldn't get any further as I started to develop a headache...
Half-way SH introduces the word "diluted" in regards to Botox. Is this the dawn of her famous expression caught on video for posterity?

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.