Sali Hughes #6 Eric's at the cat flap, hide your side of beef with a shower cap!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@rosemarina quote: Somethingsomething... basted like a turkey, something... ichthyosis, somethingsomething... cheap as chips.., should be a contender as well :LOL:
Gotta go, skidmarks, stay beefy!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
My only reservation about duck uou and your blusher is that to people not in on the joke it could be interpreted as people here generally saying that to SH. And that might feed into her narrative about the sort of place this is. And it isn’t really that sort of place.
On reflection I agree!

Reactions: 3
Do you know I thought the same re old GtL - Pretty Ironic. I suppose it sort of makes sense as so many here are old GtLers.Funnily I've been looking at old GtL stuff and some threads were so funny
I loved how diverse GTL was. We could talk about politics, fave sex positions (the top 3 thread was EPIC), depression, dysfunctional families, etc. It was such a huge part of my day. I disliked intensely the extent to which people would lick Sali’s arse, but it didn’t happen that often. It was almost magical. And then Sali went and got an over-inflated ego... *sigh*

• Heart
Reactions: 7
For thread suggestions: I vote for PineappleQueen’s beautypie line. *cackles*

Sorry - it was CarryOnNursing

Reactions: 2
On reflection I agree!
Yes very good point re duck your blusher. Don't feed the trolls 😂 😂😂
I'm still excited about our month anniversary this Friday. Debating how to celebrate it in my foul turd sewer/cave. Do you know I might even watch the video - I still haven't apart from the first minute. Does it have a good plot twist? For Friday I shall probably wear my patented tit protector again and keep a beady beefy eye on the catflap in case wee Eric is peering in. As suggested above some creepy stalking and liking of photos of children I don't know is essential. (Actually that still isn't funny is it. Just really really strange).

Reactions: 4

Interesting. Only skimmed it so far.
This is fascinating and really gets at the complications around influencers and writers etc.

Hi! Long time reader/fan of SH and CH member of GTL and Caroline's FB group - they revolutionised my skincare and indeed my skin looks a lot better for it. Feel really naive about the Botox - it just doesn't seem that widely written about - or accessibly referred to perhaps? So kind of an ex fan now. I've read all the threads off the back of That Friday and I see a lot of what I've been thinking for a while expressed pretty eloquently.

A few pages ago someone was asking what had riled SH so much on the writer's retreat, it was The Pool's demise and the flack the founders were receiving - unwarranted in SH's opinion.

Edited to add- the Dawn and Esther bullying has been a real eye opener.

Last edited:
  • Heart
@121212 I can't quote your post for some reason but that article was fascinating. The studied 'oh look I'm so chaotic and quirky but here's a product I love so you can look as cool and Bohemian as me'. Soft sell all the way. And the muddy line between influenza/journalist. Shady shady stuff.

For Friday I shall probably wear my patented tit protector again and keep a beady beefy eye on the catflap in case wee Eric is peering in.
whatever you do, don’t forget to rock a red lip and douse yourself in No5 while wearing that and looking out for the wee man.

Reactions: 6
Ah, those crazy ring light pupils again!

All I would say about marking the anniversary is maybe don’t do anything that she’d be able to twist into a tale of nasty internet trolls kicking her while she’s down following the death of her dear friend Deborah Orr. If she really is in mourning it might not be cool, and if she isn’t, she’ll say she is (if you see what I mean?)

Reactions: 4
Yes, I mean I'm new here but critiquing the work seems OK versus other stuff. Maybe?

I wanted to add I'd bought her book (now charity shopped), given them as gifts, recommended her to friends wanting to know more about skincare and make up. Like I was in, skin deep. But the Botox, and the tone of some of the articles and yes the Dawn and Esther bullying and in fact the whole beauty industry suddenly seems very problematic. It's soured for me.

I really didn't like CH's "old news" of earlier today - what if it isn't old news to all of us. It was a headline on the radio news this afternoon - just as a matter of interest. .

Reactions: 5
@121212 I can't quote your post for some reason but that article was fascinating. The studied 'oh look I'm so chaotic and quirky but here's a product I love so you can look as cool and Bohemian as me'. Soft sell all the way. And the muddy line between influenza/journalist. Shady shady stuff.
CC's instagram is gone?

A few pages ago someone was asking what had riled SH so much on the writer's retreat, it was The Pool's demise and the flack the founders were receiving - unwarranted in SH's opinion.
Welcome!

I am staggered anyone could think it was anywhere NEAR unwarranted. SH deluded as usual. The Pool was a financial tit show from the start and it’s remarkable SB and LL basically got away with it. I have often wondered what the staff/freelancers would have liked to say had they not been afraid to speak out against well-connected industry people as SB and LL most definitely are.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Welcome!

I am staggered anyone could think it was anywhere NEAR unwarranted. SH deluded as usual. The Pool was a financial tit show from the start and it’s remarkable SB and LL basically got away with it. I have often wondered what the staff/freelancers would have liked to say had they not been afraid to speak out against well-connected industry people as SB and LL most definitely are.
SB and LL were like rats on a sinking ship. I remembered Samantha Brick tweeted SH asking for some support for writers who hadn't been paid, a Twitter spat ensued

Reactions: 1
What the hell was the business plan?! It sounds like it would have got laughed out the room on Dragons' Den.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.