Sali Hughes #5 Punched in the titters by all those lovely blue tickers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
India Knight should be discarded because of her statement that childless people are unfulfilled. I’m struggling with fertility and find that statement utterly devastating. Am I not a whole person because I don’t have a child?
Sorry to hear that FitiverMin. If it helps I tend to find the people who make those sorts of statements are covering something up. Jealous of their child-free friends? Resentful at their own lack of freedom? Regretful of certain life choices? Who knows, but it doesn’t come from a good place.

Reactions: 33
India Knight should be discarded because of her statement that childless people are unfulfilled. I’m struggling with fertility and find that statement utterly devastating. Am I not a whole person because I don’t have a child?
This attitude gives me RAGE! Apparently as I am childless I cannot know true love, feel truly scared or proper happy. duck that tit. I feel like I won the lottery at 11am every Xmas morning, when I don’t have to deal with irritable kids who have been up since 4am. I get that kids are wonderful, but I’m no less of a person or a Woman because I don’t have one.

Reactions: 56
I sacked off IK’s writing when she did that hideous book including such belters as childfree people should just suck it up if they get divorced because it’s not that bad, childfree people talk about their parents too much and then those profiles of women by the way they dress (remember Hampstead Woman?) I remember at the time on SHB some people said it was a bit off and they got shut down immediately cos it was Sali’s friend.

Also, in case anyone is worried at the prospect of EJ turning up at their front door, I used to work at Parliament at the same time EJ and no one was scared of him. I think most people felt sorry for him. “EJ is pissed in Sports & Social again”

Great thread title btw!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I sacked off IK’s writing when she did that hideous book including such belters as childfree people should just suck it up if they get divorced because it’s not that bad, childfree people talk about their parents too much and then those profiles of women by the way they dress (remember Hampstead Woman?) I remember at the time on SHB some people said it was a bit off and they got shut down immediately cos it was Sali’s friend.

Also, in case anyone is worried at the prospect of EJ turning up at their front door, I used to work at Parliament at the same time EJ and no one was scared of him. I think most people felt sorry for him. “EJ is pissed in Sports & Social again”

Great thread title btw!
Agreed, I stopped following her on Twitter when she started her tweets as if in the middle of a thread/responding but wasn't.

Reactions: 2
Am I supposed to chill my tits before, or after they’ve been punched? It’s all so confusing.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Hmm, no supportive message from Sarah Millican. I really hope it’s because she’s seen through SH’s bullshit.

Reactions: 8
Thankfully I've never had to expose my eyes to any of IK's pretentious hooey, but going by her Tweets it looks like she struggles to create a sentence that makes any kind of sense.

Jimmy selfpromoting locked his twitter
I hope he realised he sounded like a dick

Reactions: 4
Does anyone know why Lauren Laverne got sucked into Sali’s Vortex of Vile? She seems far too nice 😓

Reactions: 7
Sorry to hear that FitiverMin. If it helps I tend to find the people who make those sorts of statements are covering something up. Jealous of their child-free friends? Resentful at their own lack of freedom? Regretful of certain life choices? Who knows, but it doesn’t come from a good place.
Thank you HarryPotterFan as well. It clearly doesn’t come from a secure place, and as a person who would love to have children but fertility is holding me back, I resent it so much. I’m already being told that I “don’t know love until I have children” and it’s honestly breaking me down. IK has some serious issues.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I had a look at the GTL Facebook page earlier.
I honestly just can't understand how all of these supposedly intelligent women are taken in by her, even after all that's been said and proven.
Are they all just in denial?

Reactions: 9

Great thread title btw!
Thank you! Do you know what got me about that punched in the tits comment wasn't really the poster - we all say daft stuff sometimes - it was the fact it was allowed to stay there for 4 days. No one commented and said was inappropriate and no moderators took it down quickly. I am fairly sure if someone said that here someone else would object or a mod would step in. Physical violence is never cool guys(y).
Further thought on how inappropriate that comment was in light of the fact SH has said several times how she (and little Eric as opposed to little Ern - one for the teenagers there) know where we live. Also I think possibly SH could have seen it as she posted on something subsequently on the site.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I hope he realised he sounded like a dick
Yes. Reading back you see he wasn't part of the initial "coven" getting at DP. He saw, "worked out" who they were talking about, and flung his entire self into berating a person he did not know, all the while tagging his new coven members as if saying "look at me, I'm super-sharp-clever too...."

I had a look at the GTL Facebook page earlier.
I honestly just can't understand how all of these supposedly intelligent women are taken in by her, even after all that's been said and proven.
Are they all just in denial?
They are all still drinking the Kool aid (is that right? I saw it on MN and thought it was hilarious).

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Does anyone know why Lauren Laverne got sucked into Sali’s Vortex of Vile? She seems far too nice 😓
Um, I'm not convinced about 'niceness'. I believe LL did very well out of the sale of The Pool to a jumped-up Del Boy despite the fact that payment to freelancers was already proving problematic. The problems with non-payment pre-dated the sale of The Pool. Remember, this was a site with so-called feminist credentials and one which also claimed to champion marginalised writers and the fact that many of these writers got shafted still sticks in my craw. They were commissioned to write about deeply personal topics and bared their souls. They were not paid for it. (Although quite a few of the high-profile writers were also not paid they kept quiet about it for months on end which meant that newer writers kept on pitching the site believing it was an ethical, sound platform for their work. Talk about sisterhood.) What happened with The Pool is a good example of how friendships and allied interests trump basic morality.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.